The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• Oh c'mon now. He hasn't caught -all- of them.

• This thread is scaring me now.
    Arbre
  • Jasline said:
    This thread is scaring me now.
    It should.

(Jasline's an Aquila, right? >_>))

• Xavin said:
    Jasline said:
    This thread is scaring me now.
    It should.

(Jasline's an Aquila, right? >_>))
    No no just because Arbre is her mom doesn't automatically make her one, right? ..right guys? If you ask me she's a Silverain all the way.

*hides*
  • Target acquired.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XavinOmeiAryanneArbreHaven
  • edited February 2014
    Meanwhile in Aetolia...

On topic-ish:
    Edit: Better confession: Somewhat getting over my OOC communication apprehension seems to have been a good thing. More enjoyment out of Aetolia.
    Also, I used to play Aetolia with an English dictionary in my lap. There. Confession.

ArekaDraimanKatsziaWinterlynn
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Why would you do that, @Ferrik? dictionary.com
  • Oh no no. It was from my native language to English. Though I would use a combination of online stuff. It just seemed to take less time to thumb through stuff than to switch windows and type it out. (We're talking years and years and years ago.)

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Oh, okay.  What's your native language?  Where are you from?  Where do babies come from?
  • Crocodilian. Crocodilialand. Eggs.

Brace yourselves. Here it comes:
    With it. You shall deal.

Alternative answer: "Nunnaya Business LLC"

XavinDraimanTeaniDamonicusHaernMaghak
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I feel like I've lost focus and direction with all my characters and I'm too low to fix right now. Some are stuck in their ways and feel difficult to move in general, others have been stuck waiting on specifics to happen that don't seem to be moving along. This is especially annoying since I feel like I've driven people away and few seem interested in interacting with my chars anyway. It's difficult to reach out and start things when you're down. Even now I feel like I'm a whiny unicorn.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I double check help emote before every custom emote so I don't mess up(I still end up making a mistake)

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AryanneDraiman
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    I don't regret spending any of the money I've spent on Aetolia (And it's quite a bit), but I regret spending it on Neithan and Alistaire.

I love and hate both of my characters. I have/had a lot of fun with Neithan's wanderlust, but I feel really bad whenever I leave an org behind. I love Alistaire. He's stoic and loyal and just so much fun - I don't like Enorian. I think I just hate the "holy" cities on IRE games. I never feel that they're done right, and then I feel like an elitist prick. I sincerely wish that I'd chosen Infernal, not Paladin, for Alistaire as a new character. I feel like I could've been much happier with him if he were a dark side zealot, instead of a Light one.

I'd dearly like to get into PvP on Aetolia. I wont, though. The idea of 100% accurate tracking and fighting against a completely automated system isn't fun. It really turned me off of finishing the system I was making for Aetolia.
    Veovis
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited February 2014
    <edit> I can take this out now. Got the gumption to just do it.

• I don't really have much urge to log in on any of my characters lately. Which is unusual for me - usually I want to have the game up, even if I'm not doing anything. But, pretty much content just doing other stuff. Though I feel kind of guilty about the people I've ditched. :/

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

RivasErzsebet
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Solaria said:
    I hate, in some ways, that I decided to put a lot of energy into my alt to keep me from switching sides with Sol. I want so badly now to do it with Sol, but have too much invested in my alt to do as much. Ah well, just stick to the alt and make stories with it.
    Looks like you got over it and followed through anyways!

SolariaKatszia
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Slyphe said:
    :(
    I still love you forever!

• Name: a magnificent elk (elk6731)
    Previous location: DUIRANFOREST38
    Vines suddenly spring from the ground, completely ensnaring a magnificent elk 
    until it disappears.

An elk presses through the dense forest growth, heading to the up.

Trying to sd an item to a new room and grabbing an elk instead. God. dammit. My confession is that this happens once a week to me and I am literally the worst.
    Omei
  • Ready for a similar secret?

It doesn't happen a lot, but sometimes we'll snag your guys' gold on accident. Don't worry, we can put it back.

i am rapture coder
  • Unless @Dhar does it, then he just keeps it forever
    Omei
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Someone should steal @Ezalor's 15,000,000 gold for a day.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    16 now tyvm
  • I'd say take @Haven's lunch money, but then he'd be out of gold.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

ArbrePiper
    Toz said:
    I'd say take @Haven's lunch money, but then he'd be out of gold.
    Ha! Like my character hasn't already gambled it all away by now.
    havenbanner2
    ArbreKerrynPiper
  • Minor Aetolia confession:

Unless you type hella fast, or it's a group scene, if I'm rping with you, I probably have a game of Europa Universalis going at the same time.

I'm sorry. I have a problem.
  • Me too! That and Crusader Kings is why I log on for five minutes a day before going to bring power and glory to the Ottoman Empire.

Or Ireland, in CK.
    Until tuberculosis killed my freshly inaugurated heir and everything went to hell because the last dynasty member was a woman past childbirthing age in a regular marriage with the king of Scotland.
    CannanEmelle
  • edited February 2014
    I sometimes forget I'm logged on.

During RP....

and then look back at the screen ten minutes to an hour later

ETA: It's not that I get bored. I just have a severe case of ADD. Like... Severe. 
    Aishia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've been contemplating switching sides for quite a while, which is a pretty funny thing seeing as I've always said I'm having trouble playing shadow side. With the recent switches in alignment from others, however, I feel like it would be a terrible thing to do.

I've busied myself with coming up with interesting arcs for myself to see if I can make things interesting and move my character forward again. We'll see how it goes.

edited February 2014
    @Teani: Ultimately, do what you believe will be fun and interesting for you. Who cares what other people have done or want. Don't feel responsible for a "side" of the game.

That said... I would caution you against switching if your main reason for switching is due to the perceived "tons of fun" the Shadow side is having because the status quo is always changing. When and where it'll shift I cannot say but I'd hate to see the decision bite you in the rear when the status quo does shifts again and the "other" side is the one perceived as having a lot of fun instead. I know some people who suddenly wanted to make a switch or alt and come to the Light side because they saw/heard the Light side was having fun, particularly around the whole Ekksten trial arc in Enorian or even when Duiran's dendara was getting a lot of attention. Now that the action has dwindled and people see/hear the Shadow side is having fun, between Bloodloch's vampire stuff and Spinesreach's shenanigans, I've noticed that some are beginning to flock there... which is perfectly within their right. However, I hope the lot of you realize that as far as personal arcs go, the fun in Aetolia is largely what you make of it.  It's really the same principle that follows Divine Orders whenever a god becomes active again.

The only things you really need for fun are:
    • a partner in crime or receptive crowd (even this is debatable.)
    • the drive to do what is fun for you.
    Edit: That's not to say that is your reason! Just saying if it were, there's my caution.
    havenbanner2
    XavinArbreEmellePerilunaBrayden