Mudlet System For Sale: Tripwire

13»

Comments

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Draiman said:
    Someone should just fraps an Aetolia fight already and post that instead of a screen shot. Not really relevant but ya.
    There's a mudlet script someone wrote that logs things in real-time, and can be played back.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • It's not a script - it's a feature of mudbot called 'replays'. The log file is saved as a *.dat file though, and needs to be loaded into mudlet to be viewed. Unless this was changed over the years, it also spews out the lines received from the game, rather than the modified text as seen in the window. I.e. without all the echos, subs, gags etc that make it look pretty.

It's -great- for debugging your system, since your triggers can fire off the replay (don't replay while still connected to Aet though, hehe) and you can see whether your tweaks have fixed the problem.

Pretty useless for showing off the system though.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Irruel said:
    It's not a script - it's a feature of mudbot called 'replays'. The log file is saved as a *.dat file though, and needs to be loaded into mudlet to be viewed. Unless this was changed over the years, it also spews out the lines received from the game, rather than the modified text as seen in the window. I.e. without all the echos, subs, gags etc that make it look pretty.

It's -great- for debugging your system, since your triggers can fire off the replay (don't replay while still connected to Aet though, hehe) and you can see whether your tweaks have fixed the problem.

Pretty useless for showing off the system though.
    I know what replays are. There is a script that can log in real-time that allows playback in your browser using html5. These are two different things. One of the contributors to Tripwire is the person(I think) who wrote it, though I know for sure I got it from him.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • Sorry! I hadn't heard about that. Very cool idea.
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    It is very cool, I just tested it before and it works very well.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Okay re-posting here since wasn't aware of this thread til someone told me about it...

So working on an AI offense for Teradrim in Tripwire...got it to basically attack but having issues with the parry tracking. I'm trying to get it so when it hits a limb and hits parry it will switch to the opposite limb...

here is what I have so far if anyone has any suggestions or answers as to why it just keeps hitting parry...

• The way you need to debug stuff, is to put in (temporarily) echoes at useful places in your script.

echo("\n " .. pvp.last_parry )
    and echo("\n" .. nextAffliction[1])
    before and after your left/right sub

and so on, running the script until one of your echoes doesn't work.

You can also look at the degbug window. This will often tell you a line number where something is wrong, but only if it is a syntactical problem. The echoes will also help if it is a problem in your logic.

My other bit of advice? Everyone in Aetolia now knows that when fighting you, if they successfully parry their left leg, to immediately switch parry to their right. With some scripts, you really are better off figuring them out on your own.
    Riluo
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    just because he posts the code for this here, does not mean he can change it later to something else.  He is just asking for assistance in getting it to work and then can tweak it more later. 
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Demion
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Okay, Pink is just FABULOUS. 

Also, TW is awesome.
    Haydyn
  • So I joined House D'baen and for some reason it isn't showing house tells.

I went and did the (House D'baen): trigger and for some reason it just adds a blank line in the main window and chat window as if it is gagged.

Was wondering if anyone had any ideas or had this problem and got it fixed. I also set the trigger to begin of line and restarted mudlet...same issue still.

Thanks
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor

Go to scripts>tabbed_chat>chat_types

add this instead:

tw.chat.types = {

["newbie"] = "Misc",

["market"] = "Misc",

["web"] = "Combat",

["ct"] = "Org",

["cgt"] = "Org",

["gt"] = "Guild",

["gnt"] = "Guild",

["clt"] = "Misc",

["tell"] = "Tells",

["says"] = "Says",

["ot"] = "Org",

["shout"] = "Misc",

["ht"] = "Org",

}

then save it.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• Just a word of warning, my server is down at the moment and I am unsure at this stage whether I will be able to continue to provide the service I have with regards to documentation and updates.

To all those concerned, please accept my apologies. Hopefully Kaeus can get something sorted soon.
  • I'll be back home on Monday so I should be able to figure something out soon.
    Damonicus
  • Just as an update, the server is back up and running. New update just released with some bug fixes and a new parry method that should work better than the previous method.
    AarbrokRiluo
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    @Kaeus I see how you might set up the AI for a Syssin, more or less, but how would you go about doing it for a lycanthrope??
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • With the sever lack of updates, not really knowing what is going on, plus all the errors.... Anyway to request for a refund??

• Damonicus said:

With the sever lack of updates, not really knowing what is going on, plus all the errors.... Anyway to request for a refund??

Welcome to why all these people selling $70 systems and promising updates for forever is a Bad Thing(tm). Refunds are more than likely out of the cards.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Toz said:

Damonicus said:

With the sever lack of updates, not really knowing what is going on, plus all the errors.... Anyway to request for a refund??

Welcome to why all these people selling $70 systems and promising updates for forever is a Bad Thing(tm). Refunds are more than likely out of the cards.
    I dont think he will give out refund as he didnt even give support for it even tho he said he would :/@Damonicus‌ I've also heard he's stopped playing but I always see him logged in ... Also not everyone rips people of with selling systems for $70 @Toz
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • The utter amount of complaints about this system I hear on a regular basis is astounding. I do not blame people for asking for refunds, given the lack of updates, tweaks and maintenance. There are massive drawbacks to it from what I can gather including GMCP problems, a lack of triggers for lifer based affliction handling, absolutely no sense of curing priority or anything. I was going to buy it then I seen the thing in action locking up from fights both 1v1 and in teams. If it is not going to be updated every 2-4 weeks then I recommend people not purchase it.
    Riluo
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Nalor said:

... Also not everyone rips people of with selling systems for $70 @Toz

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• To clarify, I don't know that I'd quite call it a rip-off. But something is inevitably going to come up, and the updates will stop. Every system that I have ever seen has had the same thing happen - updates stop, updates are poor, people want refunds. There've been some six or seven systems come and go on the forums since I started playing, and every single one of them has ended with a few posts like this then silence.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• I do apologize for the lack of updates lately. I've not had almost any freetime, and the amount of changes has caused a LOT more that I need to do than normal to keep things flowing. I don't have any means to offer a refund to EVERYONE, although I have stopped selling the system to anyone new until I am able to update it.

Even if I don't have time to actively play, I do enjoy keeping things going with the system, so I do plan on trying to keep it updated as much as possible.
    RiluoLim
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    all systems that are sold or even given out for free run the risk of losing their creator to keep them updated. What the community really needs to do is use the systems they get as a means of a blueprint to learn how modules come together to create an over all system like this. Now I am not saying one should copy write this system and do a few tweaks to attempt to sell it on their own, that would be in poor taste, but should use it as a way to build your own.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Ashmer said:

Nalor said:

... Also not everyone rips people of with selling systems for $70 @Toz

@Ashmer 70$ for a system is a rip of in price, I meant more of, In other games if you buy a system they always update etc Ive only ever come across people stop updating when it comes to aetolia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I think the main issue is that people expect -regular- updates whenever they feel they need it. This has never been advertised as part of the deal when buying Tripwire (as far as I know). You buy the system and any following updates that come will be included (not specified how often or when they will come) as well as bug support.

I've seen systems in the past that have advertised regular updates and support as part of the deal and these usually fall down pretty quickly as it's difficult to keep up. With a system like Tripwire, it's possible to actually make your own modifications and alterations (even for someone who is not very good at coding, like myself) as long as you take the time to do it.

Also, after a liaison drop like the one we recently had, along with the shapeshifter changes, of course it's going to be quite a lot of things to handle. Just saying.

• Teani said:

Also, after a liaison drop like the one we recently had, along with the shapeshifter changes, of course it's going to be quite a lot of things to handle. Just saying.

@Teani thats soo funny only took me 20 minutes to do them liaison changes or am I missing something really big? :/ .. And shapeshifter is just a few new triggers which works with the old Lycan stuff .. no offense to you but a few people have made out its a huge liaison change which makes me believe im missing something.. :/

Also I bug people to update my own system when I do updates as everyone who has my system gets a huge echo to say update but none of them do so its more of a personal thing on the person using it.

But this is going to sound like a bitchy thing now but it just seems he took the credits and said 'unicorn you all' ... Which looks bad on everyone who do sell they own system
  • edited May 2014
    If you think $70 is too much for a systems, by all means do not buy it. I have offered a free system in the past (Earthshaker) and ended up stopping support because it became a lot more work to support all the people using it. It ended up being broken into a bunch of other system variations, one that is even updated to this date. I charge what I do because it was a fair price and the time considering the options, and I don't want to devalue what people have already paid for.

Recently, I've refused to sell the system to new people until I get back to updating what I've fallen behind on. I realize it may not be a lot of stuff for someone who plays every day to update, but for my schedule it has been a challenge to keep up with things BEFORE the liaison drop. As I said, I do plan on devoting time to update the system over the weekend, and I have a few people who have been extremely helpful in collecting issues and preparing new lines for me to include.

As I realize the investment in the system is quite large for many people, I don't plan on ever just dropping supporting it. I already feel bad it has taken this long for me to update things, and I do apologize for it.

Also, please if you have any bugs you find, the BEST way to get them addressed is via http://redmine.pharanyx.com/projects/tripwire-system. This is the best way I have to handle reports, and I get email notifications when things are posted. If you register on the Bug Tracker, you'll also receive updates to bugs you have posted.
    BenedictoZaephlyn
  • For you people with the free time to code your own systems, kudos. For people who have lives that barely allow time to play, let alone fiddle around with code, $70 bucks isn't a terrible investment for a system if it works and I can muck about with the code to suit my own needs.

If anyone ever purchases a pre-built system with some fairy tale dream of perpetual and perfect updates, then they are just being delusional. The bottom line is that anyone who puts up a system, for sale or otherwise, is doing it as a member of a hobby community. The investment of their free time to upgrade and fiddle with bugs and keep up with changes in the game makes an initial investment worthwhile. I'm paying for their time to do crap I really don't want to do.

Nobody is forcing anyone to sign up and bashing the people willing to put their energy into making something that can be used broadly is not productive for anyone.

I think you all have made your point that you personally think the investment is wasted. Good. Don't buy it. And move along.
    imageimage
    Riluo
  • RouRou
    edited May 2014
    I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say requests for refunds are simply absurd. You wouldn't expect IRE to refund your credit purchases, would you? I have a whole folder of systems I've collected over a decade of playing. Everything loses support, at one time or another. Griping is not the way to bring it back. From what I've seen of this system, it's not nearly as bad as people claim. I see it work perfectly fine quite regularly, so if you're really having that many problems with it, you're probably doing something wrong yourself. I'm not going to say any one system is better than any of the others. When it comes down to it, it's about the person using the system, not the system itself.
    *unnecessary banner*
    IshinFurtumJayce
  • edited May 2014
    This is a picture of a cat because I edited my post and didn't wanna leave it blank.

"I've got a dose of Spiritual Healing right here for you!"
    RouSheirosiaJamiRiluo