Cannan

So I figure Cannan's been lovably offensive in enough people's general direction by now. Have at it.

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland

CannanOmei
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Moirean: *snicker*

Anyway, Cannan is certainly offensive, but in that 'this is a fun guy to interact with'-kind of way. As long as you don't take that too far and are prepared to step back if you hear someone being offended for real (some people tend to take things more seriously than they should and we all know it) everything should be just fine.

Your emotes are great, giving the reader lots of flavor with body language and general attitude. The short lesson where he was an "assistant" turned out great, if a bit short. I can't wait to meet up with him again. Feels good to have a small conflict going. Teani's not looking over her shoulder quite yet, but with time, who knows what will happen! :D

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Cannan said:
    :(

• Considering the arc Cannan's been through in the last few days, bumping for comments.
    Looking forward to seeing what might happen next and how this experience has changed him (goes for both my characters who have had the pleasure (?) of dealing with him lately). It's always fun to interact with Cannan, animosity or not. You've managed to bring out a lot of flavor in him and it just keeps getting better.

You're one of those people I'm always nervous of falling short against when emoting, thinking I'm not keeping up the standard on my end. 

I totally intended to put more here than just kittens. I owe you a write-up, and I will do one soon.
  • I am sure it's obvious - but I enjoy interacting with the character.  What I enjoy even more is watching other people interact with the character.  

As for Fae, she has no real opinion on Cannan... Sure, she thinks he's obnoxious and inappropriate - but since it doesn't impact her in the least she can't bother to muster up the energy to care if he stops or not. I mean, he's Spirean so on some level she does care about his well-being, but its on a fairly superficial level.

Nevertheless, the fact that he evokes strong reactions from basically everyone around him amuses her and is part of the reason why she visited him in quarantine so much - the other part was that she was bored and he was the only going source of entertainment in town.

Regardless - he's a well developed character, and you interact with him you get the sense that he's got a complex and rather interesting background supporting his actions and words.  
    Cannan
  • You're good stuff, you! Good stuff. 

I had.. a LOT of fun tonight. And you were awesome throughout, doubly so after. Cannan is a cool character, very genuine, great emotes. 
  • edited February 2014
    yeeeeeeeeah, that was hilarious. I don't know if you intentionally did that to mess with Cannan's brain meats or if he just got caught in the crossfire, but it was hilariously well (ill?) timed on your part. You didn't really get a sense of Cannan's character there, because I think he's busy losing every bit of his shit in real time.

Keep it up though! It's just getting interesting.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    [spoiler]image
    [/spoiler] We're going to have so much fun if things work out right.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Phoe and Cannan have only interacted once or twice, but from what little I've seen, I've liked. Your emotes are solid, and Cannan comes off as interesting and rough around the edges. I'm kinda disappointed that we haven't been able to interact more. I've been meaning to pester you but work's been brutal for me lately. :/
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I like how offensively blunt and crude he is no matter the audience.  Also like that you play a good madman from what I've seen
    I totally intended to write a real response instead of just kitten pictures, and now that Cannan's arc with the Carnifex is done, I think the time is right for that.

Moi has this very deep affection for Cannan. She views him a bit like a son - something about his attitude and tendency to wear personality masks really resonated with her and she has liked him since day one. She's pretty devastated to see him go, but as a player I absolutely understand. Carnis are a very specific type of RP and I don't expect everyone to fit into that niche.

I really hope we can keep interacting, as I love every single interaction I have with Cannan. Your writing is gorgeous and evocative and I find myself pushing my own writing harder to match that, doing my best to create scenes and hooks for you - I just love to see what happens, like with the cricket plague. I knew you'd take that and run with it and I was pretty impressed to see how everything snowballed around your infection. You have this sort of personality and charisma that other people are drawn to. I was looking forward to that being used in a guild rep role, but I think you'll be a really good addition to the Cabal and I expect you will do a lot to help that guild grow. Someday, when Cannan gets there, I think he could make a great leader, based on the intelligence and engaging charisma of the player behind him.

Cannan's story is a really intriguing and exciting one. I want to see it develop more, and I hope I get a chance to stay involved in it in the future.

Many <3s
    CannanPiper
  • Cannan seems to be a well realised character, from the little I've been able to see.

My only problem with him is that I get him mixed up with Connor and keep thinking "Oh no, he's gone and ruined it by switching sides and joining Duiran."
    Cannan
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's so weird. Cannan is sometimes painful for me to watch because you're almost playing the spitting image of myself, IRL, when I was fresh out of high school. He's mature enough to set his mind on doing things his way, yet young enough that he displays a very real need for validation, always defending his mindset. I can tell he's a character I'm going to like.
    PiperAarbrokCannan
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Cannan is my sciencebro OOC

IC, Cannan is a sense of aggravation and interest at the same time for Aarbrok.  He does not really know how to deal with him, but then again he has a young impressionable sort willing to subject himself to things to learn and he respects that.  I imagine the future will hold some very interesting interaction for these two characters.

I agree with Lin on the points above, and you can really sense these things in the interaction, I am interested to see how things progress.

• Cannan's still very much a kid trying to cover up his lack of experience with a stupid amount of bravado (and swearing). He's grown a lot in the last few weeks, but it's mostly just served to make him question how on top of things he really is (the answer being "not very").
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    I love @Cannan‌! He is very lovably offensive. I like how he is a belivable charecter, being a person thrust into some pretty off the wall situations, and at least trying to -look- like he knows what he's doing. I look forward to interacting with him more.
  • Cannan's gone and made the switch. He'll be inflicting his particular brand of annoying on Duiran and the Shaman for the foreseeable future. I haven't been around the city for more than few days, but I figured I'd bump this for validation. His demeanor's changed. As he's fond of saying, "I'm not what I once was."
  • You mean Cannan has grown taller?
  • edited May 2014
    Irruel said:

You mean Cannan has grown taller?

Woah now. Let's not go crazy here.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited May 2014
    Edit: Nevermind. I take back everything I said. Nothing to say here.
  • VolkaVolka Lurking behind the beakers....
    I miss Cannan. :( His brand of weird always brightened my day. Look forward to seeing where he ends up.
  • I've not seen him awake in awhile. I wanted to bug him. Meyvi views him as a false prophet (or that he was) and simultaneously wants to bug him or admire from a distance.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Good luck on that. I would not expect him to come back anytime in the near future.

Teani
    Agreeing with @Elie. Don't hold your breath.

• AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    edited August 2014

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

ElieAryanneOmeiTragerAarbrok