Buffing Survival

HavenHaven World BurnerFlight School
I wanted to discuss the possibility of moving the skills BLOCK and FITNESS into the Survival skillset. When this was last brought up, there were some concerns with passive curing and Sentinel darts to prevent such a move. But I think with the changes to various classes and skills that these might no longer be a concern for combat balance.

What do you guys think?
¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
havenbanner2
Aishia

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited February 2014
    Not sure about Block moving there but Fitness I can definitely get down with, especially if paralysis (the set-in-after-x-seconds-version) ends up blocking it.

With that change we should also delete all other lock-beakers there are in the game coughcoughshedcoughcough
    Aishia
  • Giving fitness and block to every class would still be game-shattering OP. Both are very, very potent skills - I don't want to have to deal with a mage blocking me in a kill-room and embeding retard, or a monk with block - can you imagine? Only option for most classes is tumble, and I hear monks LOVE it when you try to tumble...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Toz: How so?
    havenbanner2
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.

Tekura - Slam

Usage: SLT <player>

Grab hold of your opponent's body and slam them painfully into the
    ground. This throw will also counter and end any momentum a tumbling
    opponent may have.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Also unless I've horribly mis-timed tumble, you can actually slam and THEN bbt, in time to stop the tumble from going through and before they can stand again.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'm not sure how that is game-shatteringly overpowered though... Walk me through it please? It might just be the monks I've faced but I wouldn't say that Monks in their current incarnation are so strong that you need to move around a lot if at all to escape their wrath or slow them down enough to recover if they get ahead.

Although I suppose the shaman instakill would pose a problem since it apparently is unblockable... I'm still on the fence about Block being overpowered in everyone's hands. Perhaps annoying...but overpowered? I don't know. I'll have to think on that some more. Or maybe there's something I'm missing.

Fitness being overpowered though if every class had it? From what I understand, Fitness's balance and EQ time increase with each use within the CD phase while also refreshing the CD timer. So spamming it will only hurt you. You want to be smart about using that skill to break a lock. What's the case for that?
    havenbanner2
  • It's a 100% lock-breaker, for starters - you're always going to be able to clear kelp with it. Some classes have, as a downside, no real 'lockbreaker' of their own in an attempt to compensate for something else they've got. 

Also, as far as block goes, it'd give you no way to escape from a monk if they started breaking your limbs - you'd be stuck, basically, and unable to move or do more than shield. And with hammer getting sped up...eh.

Tl;dr of my thoughts is that block and fitness have been assigned and balanced around/with certain classes and core concepts in mind - giving it to everyone would require the classes that don't have it to be examined/evaluated beforehand.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Yeah most of shamans passive curing/affliction resist stuff is justified by a lack of solid active curing or lock breakers. (The one we do have is pretty much stopped by a stiff breeze/prone/breaks/para/lack of overgrowth.)