Aetolia: Philadelphia Edition

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited January 2014
    Was thinking we could go up to N3rd bar, that's a good site to see if visiting the city. Maybe the Mutter Museum, seeing as we've some darkies comin' along. 

For the non-knowing, N. 3rd is a bar up in the Nothern Liberties (a gentrifying neighborhood) of Philadelphia, it's p. nice, they're a bit cooky. (

The Mutter Museum has all sorts of oddities, a wall of skulls, soap lady, things in jars, drawers of things people have choked on, molds of sores and wounds, etc. It's part of the College of Physicians.  http://www.collegeofphysicians.org/mutter-museum/
  • I've been debating driving up just to see the Mutter Museum for the last year, +1 that so hard.

• I'm looking through hotels just out of curiosity, and let's just say I'm reaaaally getting excited.

This place is just a few blocks from the center city, and offers a suite that sleeps up to 5 people for $309 a night.

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Word of advice for anyone staying at Areka's place: make sure to takes her keys with her, or there's someone in the place if she's taking out the trash.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    edited January 2014
    Oh shut up that only happened once. :(
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I won't be able to come after all, it looks like. Going to be probably doing some traveling back home around that time to visit family on the other side of the state. Can't do a July thing, either, since it'll be too far into the pregnancy by then. :(

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    In other words, she doesn't want to be constantly mocked for being fat.
    Solaria
  • @Slyphe That place looks nice. When should we start throwing money around?
  • edited January 2014
    I'm personally more likely to hold off until a month or so before if I can, just because of the nature of things like these. People tend to drop out at the last minute and whatnot, so I'd hate to put money down for it and then end up out of luck.

That said, if we'd go with that room, it sleeps up to 5. We're talking approximately $62 a person per night, and if we do a weekend thing that'd be Friday and Saturday night, so $124 a person for the weekend - not too shabby.

We'll have to see who'd be interested in that!

Periluna
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    I am a tentative maybe. I really want to do this.. but have at least another grand to drop into my teeth of my own money before the prices go even higher when I turn 26 and am off dad's insurance. Soo.. Maybe!

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Mariena said:
    I am a tentative maybe. I really want to do this.. but have at least another grand to drop into my teeth of my own money before the prices go even higher when I turn 26 and am off dad's insurance. Soo.. Maybe!
    If you can fit a thousand dollars in between your teeth you might want to consult a dentist hope this helps.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Periluna
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    wtf run on sentenceleis.
    PerilunaEmelle
  • I like how people's names get verbre'd
    Emelle
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    (Bump)
    Did we ever properly settle on specifics for what's gonna happen during the meet? I unfortunately don't know yet if I'll be working Friday to Sunday and I've already lined up quite a few days off in the next 6 months, so not sure if I could request one of those days off, though I've no clue if I'm working those days either. If people are hanging out in the afternoon, I can ask to work mornings and join up.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

I'll be up there by like... ten-ish on Friday night?

Then I don't need to go back until Sunday, so I'm down for WHATEVS.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    date for this?  I know we were thinking may 15th since it's Ashmer's/my bday and I think Slyphe's the day before, but I'm going to be in iceland then and I wanna go!
    We're doing it Friday the 16th through Sunday the 18th.

I fly in from Iceland saturday the 17th, sadface
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.

I hate that there are so many cool people going to do so many cool things all the way over on the east coast. COME THIS WAY.

#CaliforniaBaby

#YouKnowYouWantTo

Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

My only west coast plan this year is to go to portland if I can afford it for a long weekend
    Aarbrok
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited April 2014
    Where the deer and the antelope plaaaay~
    Xavin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Fresh prance.

You point your gnarled finger at the twisted remains of Aetolia: the Philadelphia edition. The thread's eyes snap open, and a pained groan escapes its lips as it shambles to its feet, restored to life once more.

THIS

IS STILL HAPPENING PEOPLE

TragerSlyphe
  • I have to work that Saturday until either 5 PM or 1 PM, but have off that Sunday as far as I'm aware. Either way I'd be down to drive on up after I get off work, then maybe see about finding a hotel for the night to split with some folks if interested.

I've got a place to stay, but I'll be up there Friday night, all day Saturday, and then I'll head back likely some time in the middle of the afternoon on Sunday. @Slyphe, birthday beer is still happening.

Slyphe
    still jelly
    Dude, just hop in your car off of the plane and head out here. It'll still be going on Sunday.

iceland to boston to philly to vt to ny from saturday to monday, nopes
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Everyone should really come to Portland, ask Eleanor, Akary and Moi, im kind of a big deal.
    Also, West coast is the Best coast.
    AryanneMoirean