Emelle

EmelleEmelle DreamshaperTecpatl's Cradle
Because nobody quits Aetolia.

I'm sort of trying to get into things again, but I'm feeling pressured to reimagine Emelle and am struggling with that, so I appreciate any feedback you might have!
Aryanne

Comments

• I really liked running into you (and the pet bird-dog) last night even if I have no clue who you are. ^_^ Black Flagon still seems to be the best way to meet people! 
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Emelle
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'd be so happy to see you again!

Well not as Lin, since I'm doing away with her, but you know, in general. Emelle is still the Nightmare's Eye, right? I guess she'd have to learn how to live that life without an active Omei. It can be fun - you're basically the Order when the Goddess is away.
    Emelle
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    So happy to see Emelle return!
    Emelle
  • Lovely interaction the other day, cut short by unfortunate mishappenings. She's a very solid character...the fact that Rivas hasn't figured her out after just one meeting speaks VOLUMES.

Hoping for/looking forward to more encounters, definitely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Emelle
  • Emelle has always been an interesting character for me to interact with.  I loved what you did with the simurgh when Mephistoles gave it to Emelle and the way it used to attack her boots and feet and scream at everything.  When she was blind she was played convincingly so and her class choice of Sentaari seemed to fit extremely well with that.  Catching up with her was nice and I've been hoping that he runs into her a bit more.
    Emelle
  • Like the haircut as last minute as that was. And the expression on her face when she was asked to the wedding. And the simurgh is adorable. I keep thinking I should run into her more often, but lately it's more run past.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Emelle
  • I'm so glad you came back <3

Emelle's great. She has this awkward, reserved demeanor that, combined with her seer powers and Omei-eyes, actually makes her rather intimidating at first. Your emotes are well-written and I always get the sense that you have a very strong idea of how her personality and background inform her responses to things.

How she and Ciarelle get along so well can only be explained by hours of Xaanhal bashing/reflecting and the power of wheeeee
    Emelle
  • oh god the wheeee

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Emelle
  • Rivas needs to wheee.
    Emelle
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Get your whee out of here. >:[
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    It was awesome to basically pick up where Emelle and Bene left off. That weird dynamic they have together is still there and as always it's a pleasure RPZORZING with her.
    Emelle
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Hi! I've actually been back here awhile now and am meeting some new people. I value your feedback!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    10/10. Would RP with again.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Emelle
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Emelle is weird and unsettling without actually doing anything weird and unsettling. Just as normal as can be, yet still manages to exude this nigh-sorcerous aura. I like the weirdness we have between @Emelle and @Lin, it's uncomfortable and kinda fun, like a Thai prostitute.
    Emelle
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I love to RP with Emelle. There's so much to the character that it's pure delight to interact. The emotes are wonderful, you manage to bring out all of the quirks and portray that silent, contemplative side beautifully.

It's amazing how good friends she and Teani have become, considering how very different the two of them are, but at the same time it's a perfect match. She brings some stability and calm into Teani's life. Someone she can go to and depend on for advice.

Emelle
  • Thank you for letting me get to interact with you! I have loved Mesk exploring the musical side of things, and Emelle playing with her has been great! 

You obviously have a lot of depth to your character, which makes me just want to learn more! 
    Emelle
  • You were already awesome and now you're just getting better all the time. Never boring, never lacking, so on. Emelle is an awesome character rife with personality and distinction. 
    Emelle
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Let me see that thooooong.
    Emelle
    Am I the only one whose self-aff always ends up devolving into silliness? iirc, the last one got hijacked by penis jokes.

i'm kind of okay with it.

Hey Aishia, we should RP!
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    No silliness just inside jokes.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Teehee penis. Inside jokes.
    EmellePerilunaArbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Ok, more constructive - have only really seen Emelle in passing, but she gives off a very clear character vibe. I've loved the logs I've read from you (please share more!) and I get a strong sense of her relation to Omei even from just seeing her interacting with others or in a group, which definitely makes me want to find her later at some point and learn more. The last I really interacted with her she was still blind, so it's obviously been a while and she seems to changed quite a bit since then and I'm curious about all that. Loved your tumblr blog back when we all were doing that, as well. Your writing is lovely.
    Emelle
    Thank you so much, Moi! I've been wanting an excuse to interact with you for a long time, but unfortunately, Emelle is very much a creature of habit in many ways and she is far from being a social butterfly. I do try to make her available in neutral public places with some regularity, though, and she may even wander up to Spinesreach from time to time... ;)
  • I miss the simurgh!

I miss when I used to have a clue what Emelle was thinking. I feel like when I RP lately there's a lot of, "well NOW what do I do?" I need to interact with you more often!!

• edited September 2014
    I love me some Emelle, man.

We had a few casual encounters that made me want to come back for more, and now that we've had some more serious ones, my opinion hasn't lessened a bit. I love that you can write a simple emote that doesn't even have a spoken word in it and I'm like, maan. I can see that with my eeeeyes.. and then the next time you'll just blast me with some Emelle-insight and it all just slides together and makes me greedy.

If anything, interacting with you as Darmen just made me like her more. Such a strong character, which was way more obvious in those types of situations. I have to legitimately remind myself as Rashar that we've only ever been casual acquaintances, really, and not let him grab her and stuff her into his pocket and hog all your attention.

Do want more.

Eta: Goal: make Emelle like Rashar as much as she doesn't Darmen!
    Emelle
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    OMG GIMME DAT EMELLE!

Emelle and Bene have an enduring friendship. A really awkward and fun relationship that makes every interaction fun. Just so much loves. All the loves.
    Emelle
  • I adore Emelle. I am SO glad I get to actually hang out with her now - I kind of missed her back in the day, as I stopped playing Kesh right around the time Emelle was doing busy Omei and Duiran things I would normally have paid attention to.

As I think I've said somewhere else, it completely blew my mind when I met up with her and realized how much she and Elie have in common seemingly by accident. Like, I kind of feel like I should apologize for stealing many of the broad strokes of her life, even though I didn't mean to. But I LOVE having someone to telepath-RP with, and I love that she's pretty much the only person who's actually nice to Elie, and I'm really looking forward to seeing where their friendship goes beyond its current nascent idolization phase.

You're incredibly visual in your emotes (and mind hallucinations) as people have mentioned above. You're also very generous with the floor - you talk about your stuff, and then you remember other people's stuff and bring it up so they can talk about it. Apparently I'm horribly um... un-eloquent tonight, but yeah. Always been incredibly impressed. So happy to have a chance to finally spend real time with her.

Emelle
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    omg emelle who even likes this person.

Kidding, I do <3
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Emelle