Thank the Gods for the Gods

AshmerAshmer Barefoot AdventurerLife

Okay, I know it's been said a lot in other threads, but I just felt the urge to have this be a thread all its own.

First, a little background. I'm someone who started playing IRE games when I was 15 or so, when I was stuck with a cruddy laptop and couldn't play anything decent. Long story short, I was hooked pretty much immediately, and have had my creative endeavors literally shaped by these games ever since. I can safely say that I call myself a writer now, because I found a kind of expression creating characters in Imperian, Aetolia, Armageddon, et cetera. I'm sure there are others that have had similar experiences.

I just came back to Aetolia after something like a four-five year break from the game entirely, and I have to say this is by far the best administration team I've ever seen. There is a whole long list of things I can point to, but the bottom line is you guys seriously rock.

So! this is a thread dedicated to appreciating those bad asses who have given up characters that they loved to administrate this crazy phenomenon called Aetolia. For those hours you've spent sitting at your computer sipping coke and eating ramen dealing with stubborn code, or enduring our pestering about whether we can use the word azure in that iron-breasted warhammer we've submitted, and for all the other stuff you do, thank you. It really does get noticed.

Okay! Players' turn!

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

PiperSlypheOmeiArekaEmelleDaskalosAarbrokHavenAlexinaMaghakChakrasulXeniaJaslineIrruelIshinAryanne

Comments

• D'aww.

i am rapture coder
    SlypheErzsebetHavenIshin
  • Ditto. You all are dy-no-mite
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I love that everywhere you go, there is little things.  People who do not notice it, are not paying attention.
    If you do something interesting, something interesting is bound to find you.

I am happy everyone is making it fun for us players. I hope you are having fun as well with us.
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    I was going to make a post here, but I went AFK to play Dota 2.
    ElyniHaernIshin
  • Maghak said:
    I was going to make a post here, but I went AFK to rage in a game Dota 2 as every other person on my team didn't speak English. The entire enemy team was Russian and all they did was swear at me for being an american. Which oddly enough was the only thing my teammates did too in perfect english. Everything else they said was in either Spanish or Portuguese. 
    Bamb, fixed for you.
  • I have to agree, the current roll of Admin/Gods is incredibly fun. I'm standing around in a bar nearly afk, literally just bored while I work on some design ideas...BAM in comes Slyphe who shares a drink and some banter. We've seen some great changes roll out in much faster time than in years past. I've played Aetolia exclusively (henceforth no other MUD shall have me!) besides a brief stint in Imperian, for about 10-11 years, my original original character having been long since purged from that silly city called Shallam.

Quality of Life was..non-existent back then, learning took eternity, Liaisons didn't come about seriously for another couple of years (Where it was picked by the GM of each guild, hence me being a Liaison), so skill changes etc were slow and painful.

Then things started to pick up, introducing some minor updates here and there, some more areas to hunt etc. When G took over there was a new rush of excitement and change which started to dwindle a bit, and with Raz at the helm now we've seen changelog updates like MAD, @Omei, @Oleis, @Haern @Slyphe, you guys are epic.

As homage to our great victorious leader Raz, I stole his Grove like..4 years ago. Forever preserved!

Much love to our Admin, and I want to throw out a quick love to our Mortal Builders too - Keep up the good work!
    Ishin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I agree. It's the little things. Picking up on omniscience at random, dropping in to RP with people at random. Fixing the smaller things that bother people, typos, small bits of coding or programs, everything. You're attentive and reasonable, not to mention hilarious.

You deserve the praise, guys. You're doing an awesome job!

• Though I wasn't sure if it was the change in timezone for me - but I completely agree: It seems like the gods 'appear' to be more present. I know that they obviously were and are always there (Sup big brother's watching) and I know it is hard perhaps to keep a team of active gods who all have RL stuff at the same time (Gods are people too D: ?!) despite all that, it seems to have hit a stride.. a groovy stride recently! At least judging from the logs I've seen. And ham. Salty hams.

Before I start rambling too much, thank you guys for doing what you are doing. Thank you to the gods, the Celani, the coder monkeys, the builders and whoever else that is nameless in some form or another but striving to improve the game and work on it.

Biggest thanks reserved for all of those involved in some way with the crocodile class though. May the spoils of a thousand buffalo fall upon you (safely and not right on your head).

AarbrokSlypheEmelleIshinVolka
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Nice and subtle Ferrik :D
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I always have random things happen to me and then wonder if it was user error or if something actually just got done did to me.
  • Please Ferrik don't ever change.

ArekaEmelleTeaniOleisOmeiIosyneIshinVolka
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Slyphe said:
    Please Ferrik don't ever change.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

• CarivahCarivah Tremble, little lionfish
    I've been playing Lusternia for about 2 or 3 years. As of this post, my time played is 22 days, 1 hour, 13 minutes.

I've been playing Aetolia for three months. My time played is 20 days, 7 hours, and 32 minutes.

This admin team really has put such a huge effort into maintaining the overall quality of life, down to the littlest things, and it makes a huge difference. You can see how much it's become my go-to game, something I didn't even realize until today.
    OmeiKatsziaSlypheIosynePerilunaIshinAryanne
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Still miss liquidrifts D:

KatsziaCarivah
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee

Aishia said:
    I always have random things happen to me and then wonder if it was user error or if something actually just got done did to me.
    The other day I had a piece of Jerboa meat on my head. I DONT KNOW WHAT IS HAPPENING TO MY LIFE.
    Haven
  • Cheers and I totally agree that we see a lot of little things happening on a continual basis compared to before.
    Thanks to all those that work behind the scene,  you ARE making a difference.  ^:)^
    Piper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I am pretty sure I drive the admin nuts and annoy them to no end, and it's something I'm working on doing better at. I owe all of the staff a huge thanks for being patient and dealing with my crazy and helping me out with requests for orgs. I've been going through some really hard times RL and Aetolia has been this great community and place I can invest energy for more positive stuff while I deal with RL, and sometimes I get a bit...over the top with stuff I want to do and requests. You guys are really great with your patience and help to make stuff fun and magic.

Especially, thank you to @razmael for giving me another chance and letting me come back.
    JensenArbreKatsziaOleisPerilunaDamariel
  • edited April 2014
    Just wanted to thank everyone who was involved in the launch of the shapeshifter subclass, whether you're an admin or player volunteer.

It is a fun development and I'm sure all of us appreciate the work that went behind it. :)
    MoireanIrruelLin