LOVE

Comments

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Stop saying "you know why".  It belongs in the Thank You thread anyways, I think.
    HavenSolariaAryanneAarbrok
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Arbre said:

Stop saying "you know why".  It belongs in the Thank You thread anyways, I think.

I don't see any reason why it can't be posted here. This thread is about expressing your joy and they're doing just that.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I think it's more that there's a thread that exists for that purpose already. It's the same reason we have Madden's Maddening 2: The Maddenation and Ankyrean Anguish.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Aryanne
    Toz said:
    I think it's more that there's a thread that exists for that purpose already. It's the same reason we have Madden's Maddening 2: The Maddenation and Ankyrean Anguish.
    I think that's completely different. If she wants to express her love/joy that way, who are we to say "No, go do it elsewhere cause you gotta do it this way here." The thank you thread is if you want to express your thanks. Love thread is if you want to express your love/joy. She said she loved Rashar for reasons he should know. Seems silly to try to dictate how you can express your love here in a thread about expressing your love.

I ain't trying to be difficult or nothing. Just if you don't like someone's love then just ignore it and don't say anything. She didn't break any rules, she's not derailing or off-topic... Meh, maybe it's just me. -shrug-
    havenbanner2
    Nola
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Shh Haven now you're misusing this thread go complain about it in the other thread.
    HavenPiperEzalorArbreOmeiAryanne
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited January 2014
    Arbre said:
    No, it had nothing to do with anything IC. 

<edit> Taking out the second part of my statement and editing my first.

PiperHaven
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    If people are buying people food I could use some, can't spend any money until the money for my new laptop comes out and I don't think I'll be able to eat until I get home.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I love my boar and @Razmael for being patient with my pokes, and @Becue for the updates and new things and it makes me happy and I voted. 
    Sessizlik
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Arbre

Praise the freakin' sun. It is finally coming out and that album artwork is awesome. (112 track Shin Megami Tensei IV album)
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    @Haern - Robin Hood: Men in Tights is one of my favorite movies ever. Therefore your sig makes me happy whenever you post.

PerilunaXavinValenae
  • Much love to our community. For every one person that slings insults, be it in person or anonymously, you've got 10 encouraging you to ignore it and move on. While this is true from a personal perspective for sure, it's simply fantastic watching this happen from afar too.

You guys are fantastic. Don't let a few rotten apples spoil the bunch. 

OmeiArbreKaleighPerilunaKatsziaJasline
  • Love that my Forging reports are approved! Thanks to @Ezalor for throwing those up for me.

Also..*eyeball @Areka* Much love for my Boar getting set up too..BATTLE PIG IS ARMORED AND READY TO FIGHT.
    Areka
  • I <3 you Sarkis!

Yesterday, I get this in the mail.

look in letter
    A pure white letter is holding:
    "leotard89109"           a bacon and ice cream pattern leotard

Apparently he made it with me in mind. Yayyy...

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    I am totally wearing slippers to work and no one has noticed yet... *shifty*
    PerilunaHavenTeaniKatszia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Much love to @Cariv for being such a good sport about getting a snowball in the face during the Holywar and not killing me off hand! <3

You forgot about poor @Ison, @Teani!
    havenbanner2
    Ison
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've noted him in the RP-log I posted, though only as a short after-comment!

edited January 2014
    It's amazing how uplifting it can be to remember old hobbies and interests that I'd put in the backseat while I tackled other things. Kind of like uncovering old treasure and remembering aspects of myself that I'd rather encourage.
    Aryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I just wanted to say thanks to everyone, both sides, for that holywar. I had a lot of fun until I had to sleep!

Ivolnbutts - ya'll really muscled that out, it was pretty impressive!
    Piper
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Yea, we were doing fine, despite being outnumbered, until sleep set in. A few people not showing up on our side due to RL kind of ruined our plan. I knew when I went to sleep we'd lose, though I'll admit I didn't think you guys would do it so quickly.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    @Damariel.

Seriously, just...holy crap. How did I miss how awesome you were this whole time? I have never had so much fun/been so pleased with a God in an IRE game. My hat is off to you, Buddy Christ.

Also: WE HAVE A SHIP! HEE!

/end fanboy
    Katszia
  • Okay, I know there is a LOT of complaining about the chests as promotions (and I'm not a big fan myself) but... I can certainly remember when there were NO promotions for IRE, at all. There were no elite memberships. You had to remember to eat myrrh to get your full lesson potential and if you forgot, you spent the next little while cursing about how you just lost out on x amount of lessons. There weren't chalices, book tattoos, grimstims, phoenix hearts, or bullseyes (or any of the other game's equivalents). There weren't instances that you could bash in that guaranteed good XP and decent gold.

So that said? I LOVE that IRE has actually put those options IN so that people have something to look forward to. I WISH there had been elite memberships way back in the day (I'm dating myself aren't I?) that could have helped with a bonus to xp / daily lessons / monthly credits / credit purchase bonuses for such a measly amount. Was it in IRE's best interest to generate a continual income from a lot of players on a regular basis? Sure. But it sure as hell helps out the players who don't have a bucket load of cash lying around, too.

So, to offset the complaints with a little love, I for one am grateful there are even promotions, even if they're crappy promotions (someone has to like them, or they wouldn't be a promotion, even if they're not as wildly popular as some of the other promos.)
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Maybe I'm jaded, but I always thought that the promotions were there to earn IRE more money above all else.
    AryanneSetneArbre
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    New Mattress. I love new mattress. It is so glorious

KatsziaSolariaAryanneTeani
    Moirean said:
    Maybe I'm jaded, but I always thought that the promotions were there to earn IRE more money above all else.
    Well... yea. I mean,  it is a business, and the goal of all promotions is to raise money. Anything that happens (such as guild credits) are simply residual bonuses.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

KatsziaAryanne
    edited January 2014
    Sure, Daskalos. I'm sure that if IRE deleted org credits, as well as other forms of motivating org activity, they'd see absolutely no hurt to their income.

Go back to the rage thread if you want to argue with me and try to make me look stupid or whatever, don't spill this out over multiple threads.
    edited January 2014

Uh? I was agreeing with you, and commenting? Promotions -are- there to make money above all else, because this is a for-profit business. That being said, everything else is residual - things that they added by choice to HELP increase community. You want to know what org credits were created for? Here you go:

ANNOUNCE NEWS #785                                       (06/27/2001 at 07:53) 
    From   : Sarapis, the Logos
    To     : Everyone
    Subject: credits and mentors

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, this will no doubt be unpopular with some and popular with others,
    but in an effort to recognize the fact that some mentors do it simply
    for the credits (and don't do a very good job of it), and that a
    person's guild and city is often instrumental in helping him along when
    he's young, we've decided to reduce the mentor award to 15% of the first
    four purchases.

However, instead, the guildmaster of the credit buyer's guild will get
    5% of the purchases, as will the leader of the credit buyer's city, if
    any. Note that these purchases will both be logged in the guild and city
    logs respectively. Thus the leader will have the opportunity either to
    simply keep the credits, or, if he or she wishes to help the guild or
    city he or she was elected to serve, distribute the credits to worthy
    members.

It's probably also worth pointing out the obvious logic that those
    guilds which make it hard on newbies will simply end up getting less
    credits, as less newbies will join their guilds. Hel

I should also mention that the city and guild credit bonuses are in
    perpetuity, not just for the first four purchases.

Penned by my hand on the 19th of Ero, in the year 280 AF.

The thing is, the kickback systems have become wrapped up into the game itself, as the discussion over in rage showed. Some of us (myself included) thought they were intended to be there, because of how integral they feel to org function these days. I think they are smart to do, but I guess the game could function without them as long as there are  alternatives which still fulfill the same thing, ie giving players constant goals and means for progressing their character. The credit system overall is really quite brilliant for that - players can gradually make their character grow through org credit purchases, credit market purchases, rewards from doing org stuff...but when that credit flow is hindered, like now with orgs/credit market hurting, progression falters. A persistent game needs long-term progression to help keep players engaged (that's part of why WoW releases new raid tiers, for example, so players have new character progression goals), and for many people that's building your character up through learning skills and gaining artifacts. A lack of IG avenues to work at this frustrates that progression.

Yea, I just don't think they're -as- important as you're making them out to be. Don't get me wrong, I hated turning off credit purchases for a bit there in Enorian, but if we make it easy to get EVERYTHING IG, then no one spends money and then the games don't make money and we're done. It's why when too many credits start flooding the market and sitting out there, they hold credit auctions to take huge swaths off the table. It's why you can buy chests with gold, so that maybe you'll play the odds instead of buying credits (and then not buying them OOC). Promotions like chests run down organizational supplies, and while it may or may not be intentional, I'm sure they have no problem with a guild running low if it means someone like me buying credits since I can't get them IC'ly. As for the organizational thing, if having credits is what is making people stay in your orgs, perhaps you should evaluate the goals of the organization.

You may, or may not have met Solaris, who is a now deceased former player but was genuinely one of the nicest, most caring people I've ever known. She was confined to a wheelchair as a result of an accident (said complications later in life is what eventually claimed her) but -here- she felt like a normal person. Her dad would buy her 4,000 credits a month - she was the original walking artifact. She had it all, and even though she didn't need them, her dad would buy every month, and so she gave most of those away. She actually bought my first artifact and gave it to me as a surprise after I was complaining about getting webbed a lot in team fights. Just, out of the blue, gift box lands and there's spider boots. She gave artifacts and credits away like candy, but the moment she ran out, people left her, switched sides. It royally pissed me off to see people using her as a credit dispenser and then  once they got what they wanted, they bailed on her. It wasn't true friendship, and many, many times she would break down and cry about the way people would use her. The lesson learned is that if you're handing out credits, and the only way to keep people active is by effectively bribing them, they're not really your friend, they're just using you. It's why org credits can  come or go and I wouldn't care. I'm sure there are people in Enorian simply so they can farm credits and then they'll leave once they get them, and I'm sure that's the same way in every city.