The Timeline of Sapience

Comments

• Interesting to read through all of the events that's happened. Then to realize, hey, I remember that bit! 
    Do hope you keep this thread up! 
    Carivah
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    When I find some time (final month of Uni; exam time, gulp) I'll go through and update with some of the information on the rebirth of Mebrene and the Luminaries and whatnot. Glad you enjoyed the read!
    PiperJaamil
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Vixen wasn't killed. Inesse and Vixen are the same person. Auresae renamed her 'Inesse' when She was reborn. The reason for this is unknown to me, I'll see if I can't dig it up.
    Infin
    The timeline has been gently updated with ethical additions and placed on the lore wiki, as it seems to have outgrown the character limit of forum posts.
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Hey, Trigru here! Gloop, gloop! You can find the new timeline at http://wiki.aetolia.com/The_Timeline_of_Aetolia. Get to readin', you chowderheads!
  • What are these so-called ethical additions?

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Only tangentially related, but I am still amazed that Eleanor did not get some sort of honours line for being the first ascended Idreth. That really was a moment in history that should not have passed unnoticed; there was a clear-cut line between Azudim and Yeleni, essence of death and essence of life, and all of a sudden people can tap into their own reserves. It seems more notable than a few other lines out there and this seemed like the appropriate place to point it out (since it was mentioned in the timeline and all).
    Piper
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Alexina said:
    Only tangentially related, but I am still amazed that Eleanor did not get some sort of honours line for being the first ascended Idreth. That really was a moment in history that should not have passed unnoticed; there was a clear-cut line between Azudim and Yeleni, essence of death and essence of life, and all of a sudden people can tap into their own reserves. It seems more notable than a few other lines out there and this seemed like the appropriate place to point it out (since it was mentioned in the timeline and all).
    I agree. Fixed.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Omei
    Xavin said:
    What are these so-called ethical additions?
    Some nibblets about the Luminaries and their tutor, and a namechange or two.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I have to say I thought the split between Dhar and Ivoln happened much later than that, because I distinctly remember the event. However, if it happened around 180 MA, my oldest character wasn't 18 yet and I know I ran around in Goreskrat before that split.

When I find the time, I'll see if I can go through some of my logs.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, the same. I remember it happening, and you can see public news posts referencing Dhaivol's order as late as 235 MA.
    I just read through the rest of the timeline. The only thing that really stood out was the following:

390MA

• Severn's intervention in Iosyne's Shadowbound state results in the return of the Goddess, although Her followers still suffer the debilitating effects of the Shadowplague.

None of us suffer from the Shadowplague anymore.
    edited December 2013
    We're supposed to still have it, kinda. There's a bug that made the diagnose line go away, but it's technically still in remission. I want it back. :(

Moirean said:
    We're supposed to still have it, kinda. There's a bug that made the diagnose line go away, but it's technically still in remission. I want it back. :(
    Either way, we're not suffering its debilitating effects.
  • Alexina said:
    Either way, we're not suffering its debilitating effects.
    Maybe you are right now. And you don't even know it. 2spooky~
    Moi's barren. I've RP'd it having lingering effects. Our bodies were essentially turned into shadow and shattered away and it's still in remission.
  • The shadowplague was created and managed with using a system that is very buggy and could use a re-write. While the official dialogue line is missing (and we're to obey instructions to not assign it back to said individuals), each character should consider to still be "staving off" the plague until further notice.

Those who were subjected to the plague have the appropriate notations behind the scenes for when the plot continues, a little ways down the road.
    MoireanAarde
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Pretty sure I remember some RP about it happening a couple years ago, on an alt of mine. Though maybe I didn't understand what it was all about until just now >_>
    Maghak
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

Just for fun, I decided to do some research. From what I can understand, Dhaivol split around 10th of Niuran, 242 MA. At least according to this post from the old forums. http://www.aetolia.com/node/57695

I used the date for the post and the ing date conversion thingie and that's the date I got. Hope it's helpful!

Maghak
    Man, reading that thread...even back in 2008, Necromancy was being teased as a sad skillset. :(
    Maghak
    343 MA is when Roan came back, the Infernals did their thang in Jaru and became Carnifex. HELP CARNIFEX basically covers it.
    Maghak
  • Iron Epicurean also, Felix, First possible exposure of ylem readiation from airship core.

Maghak
  • Oleis said:
    Alexina said:
    I agree. Fixed.
    If we're retroactively adding honours lines I still need one for solving Enorian's rat problem and filling the city with snakes.  Something that had a bit more impact on things than Idreth IMO.
    EzalorArekaArbre
  • edited January 2014
    TIL a snake infestation is more significant than mortal learning to create near-Divine idealized selves from the lifeblood of Gods.

i am rapture coder
    EzalorAngweArbreValdus
  • But it is.  In one swell swoop the rat infestation of Enorian was solved after centuries of unsuccessful attempts and greatly altered the ecosystem of an entire area.  Idreth are no more impressive than the tekal/azudim/yeleni that were around in droves at the time.
    Hadoryu
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited January 2014
    Nevermind, even though I think it was funny what I wrote this is not what the thread is for.
  • Alright, so I'm definantly seeing a few things missing, notable to me of course is when the Magi under my leadership had Khepri and Her imp Greckle send the Magi guildhall on its cyclic tour of Sapience.
    Second off, the Totem war...seems pretty glossed over, once again, since I was there it seems like a bigger deal than simply the "town" trying to grown and angering Haern, there were a lot of us who poured a lot of energy in attempting to get that village to turn into a town...and I wont even mention the ...mysterious win on Haern's part there, where we had it timed where there was no way we could lose and we come back and mysteriously they found enough spawns to beat us, even though without some sort of "divine" help there was no technical way for them to have gathered enough in the time that was left.
    Third, I think the great bone dragon that plagued us very early in our history, probably the first time the living and the undead came together to fight off something that was terrorizing Sapience.
    Just a couple of thoughts...weird how I'm in all of em...on the otherhand, not a lot of folks around from back then, so if you want history, gotta take what I got.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    The Totem War seems like this big, giant event that no one bothered to record, so no one except the people who were there know ANYTHING about it.
    Maghak
    Angwe has it spot-on, if you'd be willing to give us a blow by blow it would be very much appreciated.
  • VeovisVeovis Florida
    edited February 2014
    Kauller's overthrow of Abhorash seems somewhat significant. Worth at least a footnote seeing as Abhorash is now some sort of vampiric demigod. Also, Kauller's betrayal set in motion the whole Consanguine Imperium thing, its first dissolution, and recreation, which led to its final dissolution and the creation of the Dominion.
    ArbreMaghakXavinEzalor