Vote, Citizen!

Comments

• NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    Who knew, if you give Aetolians something really goofy, we all band together to see it through?
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I, for one, welcome our new Didi overlords.
    PiperCiarelleVrazel
  • DO IT FOR DIDI.

(DO IT FOR HER)
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    If you do it for Didi! 

I have designed some Do it for Didi! shirts for everyone.....

And the back, the grand Atavian wings....

PiperSlypheSessizlikMireiaVrazel
  • Do actually kinda want.

PerilunaIosyne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Yeah. I'd buy one just for Ironcon.
    Omei
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Am I the only one thinking it is weird for people to get IC renown for what is basically an OOC joke that started on the forum?

O.o
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Alexina said:
    Am I the only one thinking it is weird for people to get IC renown for what is basically an OOC joke that started on the forum?

O.o
    Kind of, yeah. But at the same time, this is just pure gold and such an awesome nod to the "little guy" that I approve. That dedication.  =D>
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PerilunaCiarelleAarbrokEzalorDemarcus
    I do not think it is a joke at all Alexina.  To be honest, Didi is a pretty awesome character, she is always kind.  She spends her days exploring and killing snakes.  Someone who has gotten as far as she has just vermin hunting and learning their skills, its pretty unique.  I dont think all honors lines should necessarily be because a God held an event, or because you can kill a super powerful monster.

I think it's pretty cool, like a little high five to a character under the radar for most their play.
    I did like that about Lusternia at times, is there are honors lines for little quest chains that arent incredibly dangerous, and other things....

CiarelleIosynePiperEzalorPeriluna
  • Yeah, just cause the idea got brought up here, doesn't mean she doesn't deserve the title IC. She's been doing what she does more consistently than anyone I know has ever done anything in their life. There couldn't be an Enorianite thats lived in 100 years or more that wouldn't recognize Didi, and be able to tell you what she does. When taxes come in, I'm getting ironcon tickets and one of those shirts, cause I did it for Didi!

AarbrokEzalor
    Aarbrok said:
    I do not think it is a joke at all Alexina.  To be honest, Didi is a pretty awesome character, she is always kind.  She spends her days exploring and killing snakes.  Someone who has gotten as far as she has just vermin hunting and learning their skills, its pretty unique.  I dont think all honors lines should necessarily be because a God held an event, or because you can kill a super powerful monster.

I think it's pretty cool, like a little high five to a character under the radar for most their play.
    I did like that about Lusternia at times, is there are honors lines for little quest chains that arent incredibly dangerous, and other things....

My point was that this honours line (which from my understanding is an in-character thing) was given in response to an OOC thread about voting on the forums. I honestly think way too much OOC already bleeds into the game via forums and other sources, and I personally prefer keeping them separated. I was not saying that Didi is a bad person or that low-level people doesn't deserve to be recognized for their contributions to the game; my argument is that in-game fame should from in-game situations. I bet there are -tons- of characters who deserve honours line for similar reasons and still does not have them, and I just believe that lines should not be arbitrarily given because we reached a higher position on some voting site.

That is what didn't make any sense to me. It seems I'm minority here but still wanted to give my opinion.
    Noon
    Well since the point of this thread is for voting, and not arbitrary things meant for other threads, Ill end this discussion here and follow up with a....

Since the honors line has seemingly been removed, I think your point was made
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

It was removed? That's sad. Just because it was thought up on the forums, doesn't make it less true. :( if it wasn't for er, Sapience -would- be run over by snakes.

Anywho! Let's push forwards. Keep voting, everyone!

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Man if anyone deserves an honors line it's Didi. She's a treasure.
    SessizlikDemarcusEzalorAarbrok
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Didi is awesome. It's gone now but she totally deserved that line.
    DemarcusEzalorAarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Hey, if we keep this up, we'll pass Lusternia! It's been a long time since we were this high in ranking. We all know there are things that need fixing, but hey! You gotta love a community that stands up for Didi, right?

PiperDemarcusEzalor
    Eleanor was given an honours line due to an OOC forum thread, albeit for an IC event. If Didi really kills nothing but snakes for that long or some other such feat, it's not unreasonable for her to get an honours line for it as well!
    SessizlikPiperPerilunaDemarcusVrazel
  • Funnily enough, I think it was Alexina who suggested it.
    I feel like the grinch now.

Just reading this thread went something like this:
    • 1st page: Omei makes tons of jokes to get people to vote.
    • People vote.
    • More jokes.
    • Page of G.W Bush on an aircraft hanger with a label that says: Mission accomplished!

I'm not even sure how this compares to Eleanor ascending as the first Idreth in the history of Aetolia. I am also not sure why the honours line was removed, since everyone else obviously was disagreeing. I felt that if Didi deserved an honours line for killing snakes, she should have been given an honours line for killing snakes and not for people voting on TopMudSites. That was it. And now everyone is mad at me.

:(

MoireanArbre
    No one is mad at you, we are all just madly in love with Didi 5ever!
    PerilunaAarbrok
  • What Ezalor said ^^^

• To be fair, I neither asked @Razmael if the title would be okay, nor did I realize that giving an incentive like a title for a beloved player would actually go against the rules of TMS. So a slap on the wrists for me, and a cautionary tale in having more enthusiasm than sense.

BUT.

I am so proud of you guys, I want you to know that. Our ranking is incredible and we've been getting newbies like crazy. This wouldn't have been possible without you!

i am rapture coder
    HavenSessizlikPiperNeithan
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I am sorry but who is didi??  I have NEVER met this character
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    No one is mad at you @Alexina, I promise.
    I luff you like always.  I just wanna keep this thread positive to motivate voting.

I will always be the oiled up cabin boy to your pirate wench!
  • We are doing absolutely fantastically here, but don't forget guys that voting goes the entire month. Keep the momentum going, let's not let this fall in the next few weeks!

15 more and we take over fourth from Lusternia!
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

I must say that I like the Aetolia add on TMS. Let's get that 4th Place!

Vrazel
    Whilst the forums are back up and running, lets be sure and vote.
    We need to maintain ground not just for Didi but for all the volunteers and folks that put in hard work trying to keep the masses sated.

edited January 2014
    2High-fantasy, original codebase, full-time professional staff. Roleplaying backed by strong mechanics in a player-run world. Become a Dragon, dominate our legendary PvP, sail the high seas, get rich through trade and crafting, lead a religion, and more.737278
    3Official MUD based on the New York Times-bestselling books by Raymond Feist. Create a cult to the gods, establish a spanning trade empire, lead your nation's armies into battle against your enemies, or even rise to become Witch-king of the Northlands!691196
    4imageDark fantasy MUD of epic depth and quality. Incredibly complex and deep PvP, numerous player classes including vampires, warfare and diplomacy, extensive craft and trade. From Iron Realms. Free to play!514156
    5imageFrom Iron Realms Entertainment! This incredible MUD includes over 600 quests, 700+ abilities/spells, intense PvP combat, customizeable player governments, dynamic economy, and an emphasis on extra-planar travel. Free to play!512141
    6imageExperience a fragile world ravaged by war. A unique setting, highly tactical and ever-changing player combat, innovative classes, and more. Become a city leader, a renowned tactician, rich merchant, or start your own religion - the choices are endless!494115

We made it to fourth, lets shoot for third!!!
    TeaniPerilunaPiperSessizlikOmeiMaghak
This discussion has been closed.