What combos does your class use?

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
edited January 2014 in Idea Box
Part of this liaison round's focus is making combo-based combat easier and more intuitive. With stupidity changing to affect the combo as a whole rather than each individual attack within, I'd really like to add COMBO commands to each class for which combos are an essential part of combat. Let me know what would be useful and what aspects of your attacks should be included. This also includes things like inline envenoming.

For example:
  • Ferality combo combines two claw attacks
  • Dhuriv combo
  • Tekura combo combines a leg attack and two punches
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    BATTLEFURY COMBO
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    What should it do? Edited my post to clarify that I'm looking for meaty suggestions.
    [---]
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2014
    For Praenomen:

Frenzy/dwhisper
    Wipe/envenom/slash/dwhisper
    Blood spew/dwhisper
    Blood poison/dwhisper
    Blood curse/dwhisper

For Bloodborn:

Frenzy/dwhisper
    Wipe/envenom/slash/dwhisper

Templar:

Wipe/wipe/envenom/envenom/dsk/envenom/envenom (the latter 2 commands may not be necessary anymore with the MG/Engage reports)
    Cleanse/cleanse/empower/empower/dsk/envenom/envenom (or any combination of empower/envenom)

Syssin:
    Secure/wield/wipe/envenom/dstab/hypno
    Secure/wield/wipe/envenom/flay/hypno

Were you looking for it in this format?

WHAT EZALOR SAID except to allow cleanse/wipe wipe/cleanse and empower/envenom  and envenom/empower as well. 
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Luminary:

Angel Battle\Almost anything if we've got wrack balance.

Angel Battle\Shield Attacks\Chasten

Smite\angel power

Would not an easier way be to possibly let people COMBO DSK Varian#NextAttack and just have the game execute it all in one go, versus command stacking, if that makes sense?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'm under the impression that combo based attacks are no good against mobs that heal per hit, IE you cannot kill the elder daemon with a combo strike as it will heal twice per combo.  Is there a way around that?  I ended up having to trans a new class to kill it and I know most people cannot do that.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Sentinel: (Note: 'SLICE' may be 'STAB' depending on whether the user is trying to pressure mana with bleed damage or going for straight cutting damage.)

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV REAVE TARGET/DHURIV SLICE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV REAVE TARGE/T/DHURIVE SLICE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH Y/DHURIV SLASH TARGET/DHURIVE SLICE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV SLASH TARGET/DHURIVE GOUGE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV SLAM TARGET/DHURIVE SLICE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV THROATCRUSH TARGET/DHURIV SLICE TARGET

DHURIV SLAM TARGET/DHURIVE GOUGE TARGET

DHURIV THROATCRUSH TARGET/DHURIVE GOUGE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH Y/DHURIV AMBUSH TARGET/DHURIVE SLICE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV AMBUSH TARGET/DHURIVE GOUGE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV WEAKEN TARGET (LEFT/RIGHT) (ARM/LEG)/ DHURIV GOUGE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV WEAKEN TARGET (LEFT/RIGHT) (ARM/LEG)/ DHURIV SLICE TARGET

WIPE DHURIVE/ENVENOM DHURIVE WITH X/DHURIV CROSSCUT TARGET/DHURIV SLICE TARGET

Think you've got the idea. Basically, I use EVERYTHING  in EVERY combination but slit, heartbreaker, disarm and trip. Pierce and sever are very occasional. Blind and Strike are good for bashing with Thrust as a followup.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Add in wield/weapon swapping to some of these.
  • Shaman - Primality
    Almost every primality attack can be preceded by boost, which uses no eq or bal.

Perhaps the syntax of each ability could change:

Commune lightning Moirean
    Commune lightning Moirean boost

Not really a biggy as it's just a single line but since we're on the topic and all.

@angwe - you can already combo dhuriv attacks, btw
  • @Areka wipe weapon now cleanses weapon also, so you dont have to cleanse no more!

Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Moirean I know you can. The man just asked for a list. See: 1st post.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    This might sounds nasty but, SHOULDNT add Wielding/unwielding into the combo system, as it just seems wrong..

Should be just wipe/envenom/attack NO one in combat should be switching weapons unless they're changing the route of combat, eg, templar going for maces rather then affs etc as its pretty easy to just unwield/wield as most people dont have weaponbelts so the .4second wielding time will mess up the combo..  just my own personal thought
    Moirean
    edited January 2014
    Except Syssin need to switch weapons to flay. Carnifex swap to crush. Mages swap to dagger/damage.  Everyone swaps to weave in shatter.  Etc. Etc. Changing your wield does not mean an entirely new avenue of attack and swapping weapons often is something many classes do.
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    edited January 2014
    1- Syssin switch their equipment quite a bit in combat. Whip/shield, namely.
    2- Bloodborn switch their scythe and athame, sometimes, you have to re-do a ritual.
    3- Templars switch between cutting and blunt weaponry, as stated.
    4- Carnifex might have to switch to their hammer to crush.

Also, what do you mean, most people don't have weaponbelts? Every combatant probably has weaponbelts.

Edit: What Moi said.
  • Syssin dont NEED to swap... wield a whip and dirk Syssin just CHOOSE to swap completely different...

Still think the COMBO system shouldn't involve wielding/unwielding as takes half the fun out of playing...
    Syssin audit is built around that shield being there, afaik.
  • Neithan said:

Also, what do you mean, most people don't have weaponbelts? Every combatant probably has weaponbelts.

Edit: What Moi said.
    Isn't this combo thing suppose to be easier to get novices/new players into combat?

The whole point of weaponbelts is to give you no balances used when wielding/unwield so I still dont see why it should be added into a combo ...
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    As a Syssin fighter who primarily uses whip/dirk without swapping, I can promise you that avenue will leave you dead vs Templar and prae guaranteed.
    Love of god please stop derailing this thread! <3 I'm not going to include wielding/unwielding in combo commands at this time.

These suggestions are very helpful so far!
    [---]
    edited January 2014
    Regarding weapon changing - yes, Templar may swap mid-combat, but keep in mind they can't seamlessly do so unless they have the NEW weapon mastered (1 hour cooldown timer on masteries so that's not likely to come up mid-fight), or they need to have bracers of proficiency or spend 100 lessons to learn a new proficiency. 

EDIT: >>sorry, didn't finish reading all posts before I posted. 
  • Targetting combo. Not necessarily laced into the attack combo (but that'd be nice, more of a pain to code for limb attacks but, helpful)

But for Doubletarget, a one shot combo for both like TARGET <left> <right> so you can do TARGET LEFT ARM NOTHING or TARGET NOTHING NOTHING, something less clunky, but yeah.

For Templars to integrate would be nice DSK <target> <empower/envenom> <limb> <empower/envenom> <limb>

Example

DSK AREKA TRAUMA LEFT ARM CURARE NOTHING

DSW SAYBRE THINGS FACE THINGS MOREFACE
    Piper
  • Tempest curare
    Zeal target blaze curare prefarar prefarar
    rend target curare

• Teradrim:

outr ink/outr ink/earth runemark/sand slice/sand slice/earthwill/terramancy attack

sand attack/terramancy attack

earthwill/terramancy attack

earth runemark/terramancy attack

• It would be nice to get a proper working combo command in ferality. So I combo target hamstring left arm rend right arm. The way the combo works right now really makes it a nonviable option for getting around parries. 
  • Xiuhcoatl said:
    It would be nice to get a proper working combo command in ferality. So I combo target hamstring left arm rend right arm. The way the combo works right now really makes it a nonviable option for getting around parries. 
    think he means

combo xiuh hamstring left rend right - since rend/hamstring are designed only for legs or arms :P
  • It would also be nice to

Combo xiuh claw left leg hamstring right

Combo xiuh rend left claw right leg

Combo xiuh rend right throatclaw

^basically, to mix and match any claw attack, with individual targeting of limb for each one. Rend can and should be used to disable dual parry. It is the only weakness of dual parry, and was used to justify its existence when it was added and every lycan whined, but combo didn't allow it.

Irruel said:

It would also be nice to

Combo xiuh claw left leg hamstring right

Combo xiuh rend left claw right leg

Combo xiuh rend right throatclaw

^basically, to mix and match any claw attack, with individual targeting of limb for each one. Rend can and should be used to disable dual parry. It is the only weakness of dual parry, and was used to justify its existence when it was added and every lycan whined, but combo didn't allow it.

You're a smart guy. This is coming with the revamp.
    [---]
    TeaniFerrik
  • Hence why I didn't submit my combo report. :)<3@Oleis and the Admin for the Lycan Revamp...please SOON. (LIKE NAOW)