What would you like to see in GMCP?

OleisOleis Producer EmeritusAdministrator, Immortal
Title says it all. What would you like us to broadcast to you through GMCP? I can't say yes to every request, but I'd like to at least know where your ideas are.

Already on the list: Whether a room is indoors.
You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
[---]
"^," Slyphe agrees with you.

Comments

• Deathsight working like a channel would be kind of nice.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

An alternate version of wielded... wield_right_short that just declares the root item (as it appears on info here) without the number... so 'scimitar' instead of 'scimitar136278. This would make weapon checking a lot easier without having to update every time a weapon decayed,

Spark and Devotion level would be great, as would charge_left and charge_right (right now we capture via prompt)

A stringlist that shows the players in a room akin to the way exits is displayed.

Spiritwrack balance.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Defenses maybe? I was gonna try and think up more stuff, then got distracted.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    golem information!  EVERYTHING!  would even be nice if it would send out if the golem is on or off balance and the time to recover as well.  heck I would go as far to ask to have what criteria was used by the Golem function to use the attack it decided to use on balance!  (that is more for testing and OCDness!!)

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Daskalos said:
    A stringlist that shows the players in a room akin to the way exits is displayed.
    This is (somewhat) already available though in gmcp.Room.Players and the accompanying events.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Better weapon info. I sent a message a while back detailing it.
  • edited January 2014
    I told you you were going to regret making this thread!
    • Comm.Channel: The information in Comm.Channel feels incomplete. The Start and End events return identical information. Perhaps Start could be the channel name (as it is currently) and End could be the message contents?
    • Comm.Channel: Capture emotes, yells, and shouts. Players could finally have a complete and comprehensive channel capturer without resorting to things like weird colors.
    • Vitals: Certain Gods-only defenses and things that we are currently able to put into our custom prompts would be awesome to have in the Vitals list.
    • CombatMessage: A field for which limb you hit on an appropriate attack. Or alternatively, work that into the attack name, though that's a bit clunky.
    • Items.List: Killing a mob should change the name of the mob to "a corpse of <mob>" and remove the "m" attrib.
    • Items.List: Additional attribs for shrines, sigils, guards.

i am rapture coder
    Ezalor
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Day/Night
    EzalorXiuhcoatl
  • Limb damage.
    EzalorIshin
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    The meaning of life.
    OmeiXiuhcoatlDraimanPerilunaTragerStathanHaven
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    @oleis

From small ideas which seems a good idea to do!

gmcp.Char.Skills.Groups - shows, class, mini, and all other skills such as crafting general, mercantile etc but... it doesnt show ENDGAME unless you do, raceskill list...

Can we please add endgame skills to this list ^ maybe in a 'endgame' part and it just list which ones you hold/have .... Would make coding soo much easier for them who like to track endgame skills

-- My own

Can we make RIGHT_ARM and LEFT_ARM balances work right? At moment they kind of iffy and one seems to work and other doesnt now and again just because if both are regained at the same time the first one always shows false even tho its true :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • -Whether you are currently galloping through a room.
    -Whether a room is flooded. Aquasphere too maybe.
    -Following/being followed though hide stalking and such unless someone checks ent/group
    -Allies/enemies
    -Elixlist/syringelist though this may be a lot. Maybe a request type thing.

Somethings with more combat implications.
    -Whether you are currently restoring a limb and which limb is being restored (last resto appication).
    -Along these same lines, last herb/salve/drink/pipe used (that consumed bal).
    -Whether you are currently writhing already to cure something
    -A 'cured' event for whenever you get 'You have cured whatever'. Perferably sent after gmcp.Char.Vitals.

• - Indoor/outdoor.
    - Mounted.
    - Level - Presently the way it presents it does in a way that capturing is very difficult. Just a straight number would be perfect.
    - Race
    - Leg balance (Cobra stance) - Or please just make it all one balance..ugg its so annoying.
    - Flooded room or not (as was mentioned)
    - Parry location.
    All I have for now.
  • Level and Race are actually passed to Char.Status. Capturing the level itself is a cinch: if you're on Mudlet, it's string.match(gmcp.Char.Status.level, "^%d+")

i am rapture coder
  • My bad on Race!

Level though, I guess I'm just derping on how to grab it for cMud. I capture all of Char.Status into a database, so it relays as "133 (68)" because it shows the rounded Xp value too. I might just be doing something wrong.

/end derail
  • Whether or not the crystal tattoo will heal damage when it's touched. I thought it was in gmcp.Char.Vitals.renew, but I don't see that changing when I use the tattoo.

Vampire mending if it's not captured elsewhere.
  • char.vitals.renew is for endgame aff curing.

• - Level of crocodile awesomeness.

- All the different balances. (like stated before, but also including 'specials' like shadow)

- Everything Saybre just asked for because I can scroll up.

Neithan
  • Fallen status.
  • Tattoo's, open tattoo slots, and # of uses left on use tattoos.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    How to play Aetolia.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    ArbreCannanTragerSamp
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    on the main plane or off the main plane....  this would be good for those of us with wings and amulets to code in when and where we can and cannot use them
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Anything that resides as a config option would be an AWESOME addition to GMCP. I could have my system auto check certain things and warn/auto swap necessary game configuration items if I had a reliable way to read them.
    DaskalosOleisHavenIshin
  •  
    Kaeus said:
    Anything that resides as a config option would be an AWESOME addition to GMCP. I could have my system auto check certain things and warn/auto swap necessary game configuration items if I had a reliable way to read them.
    ^^ Also, the config damage_change to be a GMCP ... so we wouldn't have to turn it on just use the GMCP to catch what health etc was lost to save on all the mana spam!
    HavenKerryn
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    @Oleis This might be a strange request but I guess its meant for this...

At present GCMP has a right_arm and left_arm balance... can we get it tied into the Balance gmcp?

so say you get balance back (monk) and still of left_arm and right_arm youd still be of balance gmcp til both arm balances have regain? As I've noticed a few issues with right_arm/left_Arm balances regaining wrong.

example:

====================== ARM BALANCE RETURNED (left arm) ======================
    ====================== ARM BALANCE RETURNED ======================

^^ no prompt and both recovering together but clearly stating one of them is of balance.... :/
  • edited January 2014
    The usefulness of GMCP is in giving you flexible and expansive information. It's meant to reflect your state in the game as accurately as possible. It's up to the user to employ good coding practices to make the most of this information.

If the balance issue is throwing you off, try something like this:
    function onBal()
       if gmcp.Char.Vitals.left_arm == 0 or gmcp.Char.Vitals.right_arm == 0 or gmcp.Char.Vitals.balance == 0 then
          return false
       end

return true
    end

i am rapture coder
  • @omei thats what Im using, kind of ... Thats why I thought it was throwing others off...

Thanks
  • When someone dies
    gmcp.Room.RemovePlayer
    doesn't seem to be called.

Granted, I haven't turned on debug mode in a fight to find out for sure, but my player tracker always leaves dead players in the list until I do something to trigger a resend of gmcp.Room.Players

I know that is probably a bug, and should be bugged - and I probably will when I get home tonight - but it seems reasonably appropriate to mention it here as well. I only worked it out last night.
  • ^^ also the same for when a mob enters and leaves.. You have to use QL to update it

Can we get a GMCP for the room we entered a haven in? Might be too much to ask for but it might be a neat thing to have :)
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I think info on people/things in room only updates when entering/things enter or when you look. It's probably meant to make stealth abilities actually work.