Maps Needing Work

Just like the Help Files thread, this thread is for any in-game maps that might have errors. Please let us know if there are any maps that need attention. This includes places that are not mapped that probably should be! Please note that unless I am feeling especially nice, I will probably not map your house unless it's like a billion rooms.

i am rapture coder

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Who would ever have a house that big?! That sounds SILLY.

Xaanhal's lower level map is broken, and won't show where you are on it.

Spinesreach has a single unmapped room down in the catacombs. I've submitted a bug on it and can pull up the name in a bit.
    AarbrokPeriluna
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I think some of the rooms in my house, for some reason, still show up as in the neighborhoods of Enorian versus Duiran. Not a bunch of them, but definitely enough to be like..what in the world.

• edited January 2014
    Lower Xaanhal seems to be a tricky one for any mapper (and the ingame one) simply because the "instance" appears to be generated vnums that are set (for a period of time) to you. These could either stay the same (if you bashed constantly) or change (if you go there occasionally).

Granted, this is all observation, but I think that is correct.
  • Kaeus is basically correct. I don't know the exact mechanics behind how the instances work, but what you're seeing is actually several Xaanhals layered on top of one another, like a delicious Xorani birthday cake. Unfortunately it can't be fixed.

i am rapture coder
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2014
    Solaria said:
    I think some of the rooms in my house, for some reason, still show up as in the neighborhoods of Enorian versus Duiran. Not a bunch of them, but definitely enough to be like..what in the world.
    This is an issue with the third party IMap you are using, not the in game mapper.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Ezalor said:
    Solaria said:
    This is an issue with the third party IMap you are using, not the in game mapper.
    It's actually not. Other people had seen it who do not actually use mudbot. It was showing on survey after I had moved it to Duiran from Enorian.

However, upon closer inspect, it has fixed itself finally. Nevermind!

Xavin
  • You mean a very helpful admin fixed it. (Not me, I found it that way!)

@Moirean: Fixed the catacomb room, unless you meant a different one.

i am rapture coder
    Solaria
    Solaria said:
    Ezalor said:
    Solaria said:
    It's actually not. Other people had seen it who do not actually use mudbot. It was showing on survey after I had moved it to Duiran from Enorian.

Ahh, my bad then, I did notice a bunch of times when I used the IMapper's room locator it would say one neighbourhood while if I did farsee and used the in game function it'd show another neighbourhood.
  • Solaria said:
    Ezalor said:
    Solaria said:

This happens sometimes when playerhousing gets moved around.

• Jaru has two rooms unmapped near the library place @Omei
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    and another, CITY PORTALS isnt mapped either

The Portals of Enorian.
    This room has not been mapped.
  • Mapped the portals!

@Nalor: I'm not able to find any room in Jaru that isn't on the map. Can you provide the name?

i am rapture coder
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited January 2014
    @Omei I'm updating my Imap so I'll post more if I find them too :P  if you want?

A cramped library. (Jaru.)
     A small sign indicates that LIBRARY CATALOG will list the materials in this library. You see a
    single exit leading west.

A small, dingy room. (Jaru.)
     You see exits leading east and south (open pine door).
  • Those rooms are a part of a player's house. You can SURVEY to see if someone owns a room you're in. I'll add them though, because hey, if they're silly enough to leave the door open...

i am rapture coder
  • Every time Ive' been into that area the rooms have been opened, Never noticed it was in someones house! HATE people who leave the room opened :(

Sorry @Omei i'll try to get some NONE Player houses!
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

I know instances can't be mapped, but is there a reason I don't show -up- on the map in an instance?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• It's likely because of the way the map is constructed. If it's actually layers upon layers of Xaanhal, it would make sense that most of the time the room you're in wouldn't be on the top layer of the map.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Daskalos said:

I know instances can't be mapped, but is there a reason I don't show -up- on the map in an instance?

totally this!  It use to work right, but then all of a sudden someone did something in the code and then it stopped showing the + of the room you are in.  Rather annoying
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    You used to show up fine though. It was only somewhat recently that Xaanhal's bottom level broke, not sure what was changed.
    Omei said:
    Kaeus is basically correct. I don't know the exact mechanics behind how the instances work, but what you're seeing is actually several Xaanhals layered on top of one another, like a delicious Xorani birthday cake. Unfortunately it can't be fixed.
    It only started doing this about 2 months ago. It worked fine for years and suddenly the little + on the map vanished.
    Periluna
    Not sure if this is quite the same as mapping, but it would be really helpful if rooms 3045 and 3054 had their up exits removed, since we're closing off that part of Spinesreach to give us room to expand elsewhere.
  • Within the Cave.

The place you get sent to when you go splat and die!...

Unsure if the undead one has been mapped or not, but the above one hasn't

@Omei
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    The vampire (I guess undead too?) room that you return to after being misted isn't mapped either.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine