Short Questions

Comments

• Lin said:
    I don't know what problems you guys are having with Mudlet's mapper, but after a little jury-rigging I don't think I'll ever go back to Mudbot.

When linking rooms, it doesn't get errors or bad links because it's not comparing their position to what appears on the map itself. You can gallop at high speeds around a place you've never been to before and it will be mapped perfectly. If you capture the bottommost line of Aetolia's MAP and tell it to set a room's coordinates to that, it will also automatically create maps that look identical to the game's. I can create custom labels for rooms, and have pretty notes that pop up beneath the name of the room if I want to.

The uses are astounding, and even if it might not be as user-friendly as Mudbot, having a mapper that you can alter and tinker with any time you like is invaluable.
    We Mudlet mapper people clearly need a Linfini lesson on the finer points of the package. Or maybe it's just me D:
  • I haven't been able to figure out how do any of the fun stuff with the mapper. It's not just you.
    Amara
  • Here is my current Mudlet Mapper package I made. Had everything nice and set up, and was able to map things that the game didn't specifically have mapped with an easy command once you were in the room. Also had good setup for using artifact wings/amulet and using the shortest path (using the artifact or not) and supported multiple movement types. I haven't tweaked with it too much lately, so it might have some random troubles, but seemed to work fine so far.

Just type 'kmap help' to get started. Documentation should explain how to use it. It also automatically docks a Map window as a miniconsole in the bottom right of Mudlet.
    Amara
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Arbre said:
    Demarcus.  Put.  The caffeine.  Down.
    Working 1900-0700, that's almost never possible.
    Periluna
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    The mudlet mapper has a wiki that explains how to do EVERYTHING and its all really simple and easy to use. Never used/needed mudbot, whatever that is.
    Lianca
  • Since when did entomb become 2 seconds from start to finish?
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Shinji said:
    Since when did entomb become 2 seconds from start to finish?
    Ages ago. Maybe a year and a half? There was a public outcry of entomb needing to be nerfed or something I remember.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I'm pretty sure Entomb was up there on the OP escape skill list right alongside elicit return, iirc. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • What @Illidan said. There was a point in time that it was instantaneous and had, basically, no restrictions. Around the time when people started to really scrutinize escape skills, praenomen and bloodborn were said to be amgwtftoomuch with mend, their aff curing skill and entomb. So what was done was mend and the aff curing skill were placed on a balance together as well as their standard balance cost and entomb was changed so that it checks for broken legs/prone and has a delay. Later mend and the aff curing skill were unlinked and placed on separate balances.

Luna
  • edited January 2013
    seems abit.. over the top considering you can entomb INTO your haven in what? 2 seconds?
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    If you can entomb into your haven, that's a bug.
    Xavin
  • Nothing should be able to take you from the material to a haven without returning to haven.

• Ain't me that is doing it, but I've seen it done by a few people.
    The 'think' command, used by typing < and a message. Who can see it if anyone besides Divines and what format does it take when seen? Anyone else use it? :p
  • I had the technicalities of the "<" command explained to me a little bit in the group chatroom a while ago, but most of this is second-hand knowledge so someone might have to correct me! I definitely use it, when I remember to, because it helps quite substantially with keeping in the mind of my character.

You can pick up those commands (and everything else sent to the mud) with MIND SAPIENCE, which will display it to the watching player exactly as you typed it in, with the exception of a "> " leading the command.

I -believe- that the only Gods who will see any < command are ones who are watching you specifically, or have a word you used in the command on their list of things that show up. I have no idea how it shows up to them, but I'd guess it might append the player name, since you can format that command to display just about anything you want!

Speculative e.g.: 
    Dasha: You think, fighting down a sensation of revulsion, "Angwe sir could really use a shower. He smells as bad as Lord Haern, and he's around a whole lot more often."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited January 2013
    Angwe said:
    The 'think' command, used by typing < and a message. Who can see it if anyone besides Divines and what format does it take when seen? Anyone else use it? :p
    The only others who can see thoughts are telepaths who are using the Mind Sapience ability on you, or vampiric sires who are Blood Watching/Monitoring/whatever it's called.

When visible by telepaths, we see the command as you entered it: "< wonder why it's been so cold in Spinesreach lately", or "< Haven has outlived his usefulness, ^ think to yourself"
  • I love using the think command. It's fun. Although I don't use it all the time.
  • Lianca said:
    I love using the think command. It's fun. Although I don't use it all the time.
    There's a think command?

• KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    You've never used it? That explains so much about Xavin!
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Arbre
  • Xavin said:
    Lianca said:
    I love using the think command. It's fun. Although I don't use it all the time.
    There's a think command?
    There is! I came across it from an old RP log someone posted and then put up how to use it. (I think it was Lin)

You type: < think 'and whatever you're thinking goes here' 

• oh my god why is this not documented somewhere

I only knew about it because Ezrax bragged to me one day that it was all because of him that he got one of the gods to code it in look at me look at me I'm Ezrax.
    PerilunaLin
    Okay. It is not specifically a 'think' command. It is simply an input that you may use. Only people who can see your input - such as telepaths, vampire sires, and admin - can see this particular command. 

It is simply '< [text].' The < will become 'You' and the text will follow. It is most often used as a 'think' command because, again, only you and those people with access to your inputs (which, in-character, are people with access to your mind) are able to see it. But it is not solely that, and I just want to clear up that misconception. You could just as easily do '< scratch your butt when no one is looking.' Just saying.
    Lianca
    Classy.
    It was a Lin log that taught me about it, heh. Funfact!
    Haydyn
  • Well now I know, and blah blah blah battle blah. SOMETHING SOMETHING JOE.

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You can also use a carat ("^") to insert the "You" elsewhere in the message. Just... because.
    Lianca
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Someone satisfy my curiosity before I do something stupid. What happens if you feed an artifact to the humgii/their equivalents?
    You could ask Tahl that. The same thing that happens when you feed them any other object.
    Omnomnom