IronCon 2014 - Possible Cancellation

RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
Ticket sales for IronCon 2014 have been very slow so far. In fact, only 11 tickets have been sold, which is pretty surprising given the enthusiasm for it after last year. We don’t know if people are just holding off or what, but unless we sell at least 40 additional tickets by the end of January, we’re going to have to cancel IronCon this year.

We know it’s risky to announce that we might have to do that, but we don’t have any other option – we need people who are intending to go to get tickets now!

What happens if I buy a ticket and it gets cancelled anyway?

We’ll refund your ticket purchase or give you credits, whichever you prefer. As a sweetener, even if we cancel, you can keep the 100 bound credits you get with a ticket purchase!

We definitely advise holding off on booking hotels or travel for IronCon until February, when we know for sure if we can continue to move forward with the event.

Where can I get more info about IronCon?

The best place is the Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/ironcon

Tickets can be bought here: http://www.ironrealms.com/ironcon2014

What if I’ve already bought a ticket and made travel arrangements, and it’s cancelled?

We’ll talk to you on a one-on-one basis there if it becomes necessary to cancel.

Comments

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I probably won't be able to buy my ticket until February. I AM going to buy one, though, if I have the chance to! Don't cancel it! We need more time!
    Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited January 2014
    I bought mine in December only because I had a Christmas bonus from work and thought to treat myself. I think asking people to drop down what I did without extra help like that around a money spending holiday season and even before people have had a chance to recover their finances.. is kinda asking a lot. I think most people actually only confirmed that they were going by February-ish of last year, so I was told.
    DemarcusValenae
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    edited January 2014
    Between a new baby and stupid work stuff, I only knew now that I'd have that weekend off with days of vacation surrounding it to ensure I'd be able to go! So I guess you really only need to buy 39 tickets since I'm gonna buy one here this week!

UPDATE: Purchase Complete

BAMF!
    PiperOleisAryanne
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Guys, please buy. I can't tell you how much I've been looking forward to this event. God meets are the one tangible thing that IRE games have been able to offer to their Immortal volunteers for years. When we expanded that to allow players two years ago, it was a big deal, but the playerbase didn't disappoint.

This year, if IronCon doesn't happen, neither does the god meet. Our volunteers get no reward for their amazing work this year. That's bad enough on its face, but you should know that Aetolia has the highest volunteer sign-up for IronCon of all the five games. We're here, eager to meet you and enjoy a nice trip. Please do your best to come join us.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Piper
    @Oleis. I think half the playerbase would go just to show off their Oleisbian fanclub badges.
    KatsziaAryanneOmeiPerilunaArbreAarbrokValenae
    edited January 2014
    If IronCon goes on as planned, I will show up with a box of actual Oleisbian badges.
    [---]
    KatsziaAryannePiperPerilunaArbreAarbrokDemarcusValenae
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Shut up!
    And I'll ship them internationally. But we have to make sure IronCon happens.
    [---]
  • Dude, I don't think people aren't buying tickets for lack of interest. Everyone I've talked to is totally stoked about IronCon and is either going (has bought a ticket), is planning on going (will buy a ticket once the financial holiday wound heals), or would TOTALLY go if they could afford cost of airfare, hotel, IronCon ticket and spending money (I'm totally in that boat myself).

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

OleisArbreAryanneTeaniKatsziaValenae
    Dude, I don't think people aren't buying tickets for lack of interest. Everyone I've talked to is totally stoked about IronCon and is either going (has bought a ticket), is planning on going (will buy a ticket once the financial holiday wound heals), or would TOTALLY go if they could afford cost of airfare, hotel, IronCon ticket and spending money (I'm totally in that boat myself).

Trust me, I get you. Problem is that we have to translate that interest into something that will satisfy the guy writing the checks and it's legitimately urgent. I don't intend to go all Jerry Lewis for the next three weeks. This is probably my only real post on the subject. But I have to be able to say I did everything I could.
    [---]
  • If airfair and hotel wasn't as large of an expense as I expect it to be, I'd buy a ticket. 

RivasKatsziaPerilunaAryanneValenae
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Payday is the seventeenth, and then you can count me on board. Frankly, if IC falls through, I think I will still be going to vegas. It's not SUPER expensive for me - the con ticket is almost the cost of half my airfare - and I want to meet @Alistaire and some others who've expressed interest in going.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    PiperDemarcus
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    If I can do some hotel sharing or something, I will buy my ticket, but I cant afford airfare and a hotel.

So...if anyone is down. 
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I'm scrounging up change and will be saving so I can -hopefully- come next year, but coming from across the Atlantic it's a huge amount of money with plane ticket alone, then add sleeping space, getting around on site, IC ticket and possibly food (though I suppose I could skip some of that if necessary!). The interest is really out there.

Sessizlik
  • It's too early to even think about requesting time off in July right now. I really hope, for the Gods' sake, that they at least do something for those players who generously donate their skills and talent. The Gods Meet has been a tradition for a very long time. 

IronCon is still on my list of potential things to do this summer, even though I only play sporadically, but I hadn't thought about buying a ticket before the end of February.
  • In the event that IronCon is canceled, some of us are still intending to do a Gods Meet, prooobably not in Vegas. But I think I speak for all of us when I say that I would vastly prefer that IronCon be a reailty!

i am rapture coder
    Dhar
  • I'm honestly doing my best to see if this is possible. It's not about getting the time off or the cost of the ticket and I'm sure I could find someone from IG to room with but its the airfare for me at the moment. Cheapest I can find is $630 and I'm reluctant to buy the ironcon ticket atm without knowing if that price will go down...

I'll do my best!
    Piper
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I wish I could go, but I just can't. :( If I get my promotion soon enough, I -might- be able to, but I don't know if I'll want to that far along.

@Everyone - I'm amaaaaziiiiiiiiing! You waaaaaant to hang out with meeeeeee~
    NeithanAryanne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Piper said:
    @Everyone - I'm amaaaaziiiiiiiiing! You waaaaaant to hang out with meeeeeee~
    Well yeah, but that doesn't fix lack of funds :(

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    RivasArbre
    @Piper also does not fix my lack of being able to afford a hotel room.
    PiperAryanne
  • edited January 2014
    I am one of the volunteers who will be attending Ironcon.

To whomever who can make it, I look forward to meeting you.

If you haven't made up your minds yet, this is clearly one of the reasons why you should.

Prepare to tremble in your boots, lowly mortals!!

Katszia
  • RazmaelRazmael Administrator, Immortal
    Chakrasul said:
    Maybe if you weren't so short...
    AarbrokOmeiArbre

Razmael said:
    Chakrasul said:
    Maybe if you weren't so short...
    Oi, us short ladies make up for it with tall personalities.
    SolariaChakrasulAryanne
    Okay so I have the money now for the ticket, its feasible.  A room is the next endeavor, if there are any out there looking to split a room, also fun times like going out and stuff....

I am your ga...guy.
  • TozToz
    edited January 2014
    I *MIGHT* be able to go, it depends on how much I get to work between now and then. Right now I kind of can't pay for lunch for the rest of my time at work, because there was a big hour dip - if that keeps up, uh. Good luck to me. Otherwise, may still try.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

edited January 2014
    Nevermind
  • Wish i could buy a ticket before feb, but I gotta wait for taxes to come in. Be half way thru the month before I could do it, though I was pretty excited about the idea.

Periluna
  • a hundred and fifty dollars for a text convention? Yall know comic con is only fifty bucks right?