Connection problems

PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of EsterportSomewhere in Attica
So, I'm having trouble connecting to Aetolia. I tried doing it from Mudlet (my usual client), on Nexus, and then the Flash client. I can't connect to the game at all, and I have no idea why. I was able to connect last night, but for some reason it's not working today. I haven't changed anything on my computer between then and now. I know it's not a problem with my internet since I can surf the internet just fine.

Could anyone tell me what could probably be causing the issue or how to fix it?

Comments

• It happened to me a while back when an over-zealous Celani blocked the wrong IP address...
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Okay, so I've gotten a bit more information on my problem. It's probably not an IP ban because I've been able to figure out that it's not just Aetolia that's been affected. I can't access games like League of Legends, for example. And it's not just my computer - it's every computer in my house. I've tried turning off my firewall too, so it's not a firewall issue.

I don't know if it's an internet issue either since I can still browse websites just fine.
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    edited September 2020

Restarting your router and PC is generally a good start in getting things working again.

If that doesn't work then things start to get a little more complicated to figure out. You might want to run TRACERT to the Aetolia website and see if the trace gets dropped half way between nodes. If it's getting dropped in between somewhere, then it's most likely a routing issue which will be out of your hands until it's fixed by whoever your traffic goes through.

Most of the time, If you can access a website, but not others, and you're certain you haven't made any changes that could've have caused it, it'll generally rectify itself over time.

You could also try connecting to Aetolia through it's IP address (67.202.114.5) as a last ditch effort.

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    I finally got the problem fixed with some help from the tech support of my ISP. Apparently all I had to do was unplug and replug my internet modem. >.>
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Yeah, always restart everything as your first line of defence against tech issues :P
    HavenZeheia