Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• So much rage against people who can't separate ic and ooc. Leave the ooc stuff to skype, aim, clans or whatever. Let the game be a game that everyone can enjoy. I also thought that the use of (()) or /ooc and such was a -known- way of showing that you are talking oocly and not icly, but perhaps that just in my half witted head.

When are people gonna learn?

Demarcus
  • A bafflingly large number of people in the House I belong to are trying to argue the validity of undead parents conceiving a child.
    "Can a nation be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot."
    Vladimir Lenin

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."
    Karl Marx

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Welcome to Vampires in Aetolia. The potential for badassery has largely devolved to boff, derp, and negligee.
    Angwe
  • Dalton said:
    A bafflingly large number of people in the House I belong to are trying to argue the validity of undead parents conceiving a child.
    No good. It was established by the original Consanguine leadership that undead babymakin' is very much impossible. Besides, general common sense should tell you as much.
    AmaraKonnornPhoeneciaXavinNolaDaskalosAngweDemarcus
  • Apparently, vague claims of using science, ovary samples, and having one living parent are enough.
    Vladimir Lenin

Karl Marx

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Galleus explicitly said in one of the Ustreams that it's impossible. I also hate it when people try to contradict admin statements like that.
    KonnornArbreXavinDaskalosRivas
  • Dalton said:
    Apparently, vague claims of using science, ovary samples, and having one living parent are enough.
    Sounds like Aetolian test tube babies. But even then, it's still impossible for the undead parent to be genetically involved. So noooope.
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Areka said:
    Welcome to Vampires in Aetolia. The potential for badassery has largely devolved to boff, derp, and negligee.
    I like how you use the word 'devolved' with a straight face. Doesn't that require there to have been something other than boff derp and negligee to start with? Anne Rice has a lot to answer for.

MastemaRhoArekaOrisaeDaltonAngwe
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited January 2013
    I shouldn't have to kill someone 3 fkin' times before they die -_-.
    Dalton said:
    A bafflingly large number of people in the House I belong to are trying to argue the validity of undead parents conceiving a child.
    Team Bella brah. Team Bella. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    KiyotanCalipso
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I recall @Keroc saying that escape skills and second death skills were getting looked at. At least I'm pretty sure it was Keroc.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • I rage at:

havens build room n

This building is limited to a maximum of 50 rooms.

Wut?! Since when are havens limited?
  • Holy crap, your haven has 50 rooms?
    Vladimir Lenin

Karl Marx

HavenRaeche
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited January 2013
    To correct the statement of Dalton from earlier, the undead parent was not genetically involved and was essentially a victim of sacrifice in this instance, the living father and a donor surrogate created said child, there was not an act of conception between an undead and a living host, The characters in question just felt no need to divulge to some newbie their personal going ons.

EDIT: Dead people cant make kids, just sayin. I get pissed off when I hear about dead people humping. or hear about it, the sheer amount of energy to get an erection would seem exhausting /impossible

• Aarbrok said:
    To correct the statement of Dalton from earlier, the undead parent was not genetically involved and was essentially a victim of sacrifice in this instance, the living father and a donor surrogate created said child, there was not an act of conception between an undead and a living host, The characters in question just felt no need to divulge to some newbie their personal going ons.

EDIT: Dead people cant make kids, just sayin. I get pissed off when I hear about dead people humping. or hear about it, the sheer amount of energy to get an erection would seem exhausting /impossible
    Use MASQUERADE to get an erection.
    AarbrokDaltonHavenAreka
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited January 2013
    Meh masquerade is an illusion, not really a method of making a heartbeat and producing bloodflow again, just a way to exert healing energy to appear living.  

Another irking feature are the pristine bodied undead, If you have violated that of life and death to remain walking you should have a bit more, 'lifeless' features, obviously consanguine can break this down with their healing ability a bit, still should be somewhat pallid though, however the undead need a bit more sagging and bruising, discoloration, etcetera.

Unless Gem of Disguising, I personally use it to look like different races, living,dead,vampire, and learn the languages to change my speech. Yay Artifact RP tools.
    Raeche
  • Aarbrok said:
    Meh masquerade is an illusion, not really a method of making a heartbeat and producing bloodflow again, just a way to exert healing energy to appear living.  

Another irking feature are the pristine bodied undead, If you have violated that of life and death to remain walking you should have a bit more, 'lifeless' features, obviously consanguine can break this down with their healing ability a bit, still should be somewhat pallid though, however the undead need a bit more sagging and bruising, discoloration, etcetera.

Unless Gem of Disguising, I personally use it to look like different races, living,dead,vampire, and learn the languages to change my speech. Yay Artifact RP tools.
    Eh, I thought masquerade was channeling your blood to your face so you look less pale? I figured it's just a matter of channeling blood to the right places..

Anyway, yes to the gem! I've been meaning to write up a few, choice race descriptions too, but haven't got down to it.

I see vampires as beautiful and undead as zombies.
    masquerade
    Equilibrium Used: 2.00 seconds
    You focus your blood reserves, directing a small amount into the hollow, lifeless capillaries of your face and limbs. A ruddy tint quickly suffuses your complexion and as you will your fangs to retract, you look like the mortal you once were.
    havenbanner2
  • Just saying....and undead female wouldn't be able to support the creation of a new lifeform. The body quite literally does not function in the undead, so the womb wouldn't be able to bring a child to term, regardless of how it got there.

• Lore-wise, I don't even see how vampires would want to create children via the mortal way.

I understand Aetolian vampires to be very similar to Anne Rice vampires, in that feeding gives a sensation of ecstasy far more pleasurable than orgasm or sex. Returning to sex would be like choosing the grit in your navel over a banquet feast.

No, feeding is the new sex. And the embrace is the new child-bearing.
    They want their cake and to eat it too.
    havenbanner2
    It's also to my understanding that the undead are NOT zombies/ghouls/etc in the traditional sense of rotting corpses in RL lore. They're more like magical sand monsters who are the reverse of plants - rather than taking from the earth to survive, be nourish, and grow, they take from the living. The process makes them lose their spark and possibly their soul which unhooks them from the life cycle and enter the realm of 'immortality' under Ivoln's judgement.

Whereas the zombie, ghoul, and wraith mobs fit under the traditional sense of undeath. I imagine they're player failures at mimicing the Ivoln ritual through necromancy... Or something. The admin would need to elaborate truthfully.
    havenbanner2
    RaecheShinji
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Sure, it's just a bit of thoughtlessness that's been thrown in so that people can have their cutesy baby RP. That's fine. I'm guilty of worse crimes, myself.

The issue I take is that this particular explanation would be groundbreaking if it were really a thing. Undead can reproduce. This destroys all lore involved with the Rhythm, with the life/death conflict, and everything!
    I wasn't saying that to defend the baby stuff. The admin have specifically said no, that's impossible.

I was commenting on Raeche's statement that undead = zombies (I.e, rotting corpses) which to my understanding of past explanations isn't true. I don't know how it all works together but undeath, vampirism, and ghouls/zombies/etc are similiar but distinctly different things in Aetolia.
    havenbanner2
    Raeche
  • Haven said:
    I wasn't saying that to defend the baby stuff. The admin have specifically said no, that's impossible. I was commenting on Raeche's statement that undead = zombies (I.e, rotting corpses) which to my understanding of past explanations isn't true. I don't know how it all works together but undeath, vampirism, and ghouls/zombies/etc are similiar but distinctly different things in Aetolia.
    Thanks! But, eh, that really needs to be clarified in HELP UNDEAD or something, or most of us will run with what we picture undead to be. @zun comes to mind, for instance. He's held together with taxidermy fluid and shit ( =p )
    Haven
    I believe the fun part of this is that much like a living character, how you choose to interpret your undeath is entirely up to you.
    Raeche
  • edited January 2013

<7370/7370h 5060/5060m 30106e 20805w <23:33:22:494>
    Drawing back one of his massive fists, a large earth elemental strikes you in the head with an astonishing blow.
    You feel yourself fall to the ground as you black out.
    Balance Used: 0.50 seconds
    A large earth elemental slams its hands into the ceiling powerfully. A cascade of massive stones slam down on you from above, knocking you to the ground.
    Balance Used: 0.50 seconds
    Time to recover: 1.00 seconds.
    A large earth elemental slams its hands into the ceiling powerfully. A cascade of massive stones slam down on you from above, knocking you to the ground.
    You have been slain by a large earth elemental.
    Experience Lost: 7500 [total: 8207062]
    Elemental essence falls out of your inventory.
    The corpse of a large fire elemental falls out of your inventory.
    The Hall of the Underking.
     There are no obvious exits.
    <0/7370h 5060/5060m 30106e 20805w  <23:33:22:840>

Yeah..walked in the room to check IH, in less than half a second I went from full health to dead. :(
  • lrn2chaincommands

No more making fun of me now.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

HavenArbre
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    RPing with Lin for the first time in months.

And learning it is the last time we will RP.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
    Lin
    i'm sorrrryyyyy
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Only the most horrible kind of person would do that.

Kiyotan
This discussion has been closed.