Albedos

Just curious questions from a new player.

I heard about the general "move over" to Albedos and massive changes that would be part of it, some things I wondered about.

1. Would the current cities be moved with it or would new organizations be started? (such as Delve)
2. Are the current races staying or are the Albedos (known) races going to become the starter races?
3. Will Albedos be part of an event or would it be more of an OOC large game mechanic where we restart on Albedos?
4. If the current races are going to be removed, will be we rechoosing our races with the move?
5. Since Delve is the only free city on Albedos currently, with the move will we be all starting members of it or are other cities being introduced too? (This is of course if the current cities are moved).
6. Will the current endgame races be part of the change or will they be changed as well?

That's all I can think of for now. I hope this is the right context to ask these questions. Thanks to any that answer :).

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Admin'll have to step in for more 'official' statements, but as far as my understanding goes:

- Event based, not a sudden reset button.
    - We will relocate to new cities as founded/existing within the Albedos geography.
    - Uncertain on races, once we're THERE, there will at least be new races introduced and made available..but they'll probably keep the existing ones, because two humans reproducing with existing characters won't suddenly produce an Ursal or something.
    - Don't know about endgame, hopefully some interesting new things will be introduced! I doubt they'll force reincarnation of any existing race for it though (I'm moving to NYC suddenly I'm not white anymore, but I became hispanic! - doesn't make much sense).

Otherwise: Just have to wait and see, the move is still quite a ways off.
  • Areka said:
    Admin'll have to step in for more 'official' statements, but as far as my understanding goes:

- We will relocate to new cities as founded/existing within the Albedos geography.
    - Uncertain on races, once we're THERE, there will at least be new races introduced and made available..but they'll probably keep the existing ones, because two humans reproducing with existing characters won't suddenly produce an Ursal or something.
    - Don't know about endgame, hopefully some interesting new things will be introduced! I doubt they'll force reincarnation of any existing race for it though (I'm moving to NYC suddenly I'm not white anymore, but I became hispanic! - doesn't make much sense).

Thanks Areka, this has been very helpful.

Out of curiosity, how long are we talking here approximately? >.>
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Calipso said:

Areka said:

Thanks Areka, this has been very helpful.

Out of curiosity, how long are we talking here approximately? >.>

It'll come when it'll come. The admin have a lot of work to do. Replacing thousands of rooms/quests/mobs is no easy feat.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • It's a long enough ways off, I would think, that you'd be safe in carrying on as if it's never going to happen.

HavenAmaraEleanor
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    It's been Coming Soon™ for approximately five years now, so I wouldn't start panicking just yet.

CalipsoAzrael