Auction house

AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
The new auction house is great but it seems people are not even aware of its existence. Here's a few features I'd love to see:

- Being able to check auction wares from anywhere. Possibly even selling items from anywhere.
- Being able to add multiples as a single item. Could look something like this:
9       a silver mouthpiece                        -                       
        a strawberry chocolate                     -                       
        a strawberry chocolate                     -                       
        a twilight blue rose                    50000gp                   150
10      a gleaming scimitar                      5000gp                    11
- A market tell every 100-140 minutes advertising a random auction item (this is meant to draw peoples' attention to the auction house in general). Could be config'ed off.
- Standardizing all the syntaxes. For example, most of the commands use the 'auction <verb>' template, then suddenly you get 'BID ON AUCTION <auction#> FOR <gold>' which could easily have been made as 'auction <auction#> bid <gold>'. The same goes with 'BUYOUT AUCTION <auction#>' being changed to 'auction buyout <auction#>' or such.

Anyone else have any suggestions for auction house improvements or just some feedback on how it's used?

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I can't get it to work. 

Auction Item                                    Current Bid  Buyout       Days 
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    6       a set of leather grips                  2000gp                    32

bid on 6 for 2500
    Usage: BID ON <auction#> FOR <bid amount>

bid on 6 for 2500 gold

bid on 6 for 2500gp

bid on 6 for 2500g

bid on 6 for 2500 gp

bid on 6 for 2500 g
    Ah got it working. The syntax you see when you type BID is wrong is all.

You open an elegant white letter.
    This letter is written in Aetolian.
    You read what is written on an elegant white letter:
    Your auction #48 (a stack of 2 bloodroot leaves#58213) has been sold at the auction house for 1 gold sovereign. We have taken a finder's fee of 0 gold sovereign, leaving you with 1 total. You will find everything enclosed within this letter.

So, how long until this is clogged up with people posting single stacks of herbs and stuff like the WoW AH? Highly suggest some sort of search option or sort by type.
  • I thought it was just for the things you get in chests/giftbags ?

Also, can you make like a wares -name- like you do in shops, makes looking through it all much easier!!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

Put this in as an IDEA too, figured I'd post it here.

If at all possible, allow the auction holder to set an exchange price for credits to allow for credits to be used to bid on auctions. So I could say, set the exchange price on my auction for 4000 gold per credit, and someone could bid 10 credits. Probably pretty complex and not worth it, but I prefer to pay in credits for big purchases. It would be togglable, so you wouldn't have to accept credits as payment, but an option for it would be nice!

Is there a way to see what's inside the minipet cages? Or...could there be one added? Would be very nice.
    Katszia
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    You probe them. It'll say at the bottom of the cage's desc what is in it.

Can you  not probe the things in the AH?
  • Areka said:
    Can you not probe the things in the AH?
    No, you can't.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Interesting!

But neat, that's been changed!

63      (MINIPET) an armadilleon pup            20000gp      30000gp      284
    64      (MINIPET) an armadilleon pup            20000gp      30000gp      284
    65      (MINIPET) a winged tengu                10000gp      20000gp      284
    66      (MINIPET) a writhing amphisbaena        20000gp      30000gp      284
    PiperMoirean
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Does the compendium pages similarly show the area they are for now?