Atabahi changes?

2»

Answers

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    God I wish I could be in the Rout about now.  I love it to death, even still, and I hate so much that my RP keeps me away from it.  I try to get a pack that does stuff in Duiran, but this ECT stuff sort of kicked all my RP in the teeth.
  • But there's no indication of what will be entailed in said "removal" of guilds.  They may remain in some form.  Maybe given the chance to carry on in pack form?  I didn't see anything in the post that mentioned anything other than they will be removed.  Seeing as how there are other "defunct" houses that still somewhat exist, I think it is the assumption of what is to come and the reaction of said assumption that inevitably dictates what will come.

I am not attempting to belittle or lay claim that anyone's actions are not their own to choose, but they are based on assumptions at this point.  If there is more to be had, the time to have it will be lost once they are gone.  Why lose it?
    Sejast - Feral Prowler of the Atabahi
  • They will carry on in some pack form, we've been given enough hints to that effect.

Personally, I can't wait for the change. I've always loved packs, and the lycan guilds, but was disappointed when I ended up having to be a bear instead of a wolf, and disappointed that the guild was put in Ashtan instead of Duiran. I was disappointed that the pack system never quite worked right.

I'm looking forward to the faction system, and the revamped pack system. I'll be over the moon when I get to help form a pack in Duiran with my favourite other players that alt as lycans of some sort but are heavily invested in guilds of their own. And if it is feasible, through the faction system, for me to (finally) get wolf form, then all will be perfect.

@moirean
    I get that it's bad for the guilds now, but what is the solution in the mean time? The cat is already out of the bag, but they can't complete the move until the faction system is in place, and both the design and code for the revamped packs is completed. Maybe some interim state is possible, where the guilds are abolished and anyone with lycan class gets to be part of an org that offers help to newbies - like an official clan but with a newbie system like guilds have? Or is it just as easy to leave things as they are?
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, that's kinda what I was saying on the last page - the guilds know this is coming so they don't have much motivation to do the kind of long term projects that tend to keep orgs busy. Something cool in the meantime would be nice to give people stuff to focus on and start building up more pack-focused RP, but I suspect it'd have to be player-led since it sounds like there is a lot of demand on the coders atm.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    It would have been nice and I would recommend in the future if admins didn't announce almost an irl year ahead of time that guilds are going to get cut. I would wait until the replacement is ready and the RP event is in place before doing that. Putting in any work to a guild that's in limbo and has been since the announcement in like February is a little absurd. I know many of you say that isn't fair for new players, but it also isn't fair to current guild members if they believe the guild will be gone next week
    TeaniMoireanCiarelle
  • when and if when those who have the class would they then be forced to give up the class or can we be able to stay classed
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    No one will lose the class.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • cool does anyone know what the new classes will be?
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    The skills are relatively the same as currently, with a couple small tweaks. However, in addition to Werewolves and Werebears, players will be able to mutate into Wereboars and Werecroc(odile)s.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • awwwww, I was really pulling for wereotter
    Rawr
    Neithan
  • I'm curious - if I'm a bear now, how possible/practical would it be to change to a different animal once the new system goes in? Will it involve lesson loss, or just a whole lot of faction work and then I find myself mutating into the new form?
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    There is a bit of information in this thread:

http://forums.aetolia.com/discussion/428/the-month-of-march-2013/p1