Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• edited December 2013
    Teani said:
    I haven't seen Vix RP, but @Medri, you need to lighten up a bit. If you don't like how someone RP's their character, then walk away. It's as easy as that. Yes, there are cures to fix things, but if someone wants to RP something out differently, let them. It's their prerogative.

If I see it, I usually try to RP finding a way to help them. If I notice they're not interested in changing that RP and it's draining for me, I walk away. "Hey, sorry, but this kind of RP is not my cup of tea. If you want to keep that up, you'll have to interact with others. Otherwise you're welcome back if/when you want to find a way to get around it. I'd likely help you with some awesome RP chasing the cure for it if it doesn't drag on for years and years."

Calling someone else's RP shitty is just stooping too low. Sorry.
    Yes, this is exactly what I did. I went as far as to gag that person's illusion's (the imgur link in the first part of that log) and told them flat-out that if they wanted to talk to me, they'd need to do it in tells, like literally every character in the game is able to do, including them (as they regularly use tells and city/guild channels to communicate.)

Anyway, while I understand that everyone misread it, I'm not attacking the player or their RP; I don't care about either of that. I'm expressing my dislike of one thing: the bad gimmick. The "unique character flaw" that actually has no tangible effect as a flaw and is used only as an attention-getting device. I don't care if you want to condone that kind of thing, but I think it's shitty, and that's exactly what I told them.
  • In a game where nearly everything we do revolves around finding another person and piquing their interest enough to interact with you, isn't -everything- meant to get someone's attention?

Sort of like a tiny ball of imp that flips and flies around like Yoda on meth.

Just saying.
    Arbre
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    And I'm saying let them have their gimmick and walk away instead of smacking them down for it. You were downright mean in that conversation, trashing her way to RP. I'd rather you'd have told her you didn't want that kind of RP and then been done with it. Not kept it up. Yes, the TELLS are available for everyone, but if they don't want to, they don't want to. Simple as that.
    And sorry, but calling a player shitty doesn't really make it sound any better. It's worse than saying that about a character, since they're fiction.

ArbreElyni
  • Rashar said:
    In a game where nearly everything we do revolves around finding another person and piquing their interest enough to interact with you, isn't -everything- meant to get someone's attention?

Sort of like a tiny ball of imp that flips and flies around like Yoda on meth.

Just saying.
    My character is <crippling disability>, but has <other ability> that completely removes every problem that comes with <crippling disability>. Would you take that seriously in the least as an RP gimmick, or should we think that everyone who has a mindseye tattoo is a deep and intriguing character with interesting flaws?
  • edited December 2013
    Teani said:
    And sorry, but calling a player shitty doesn't really make it sound any better. It's worse than saying that about a character, since they're fiction.
    Did you actually pay any attention to any of my posts?
  • edited December 2013
    Alright folks, let's move on. This is getting circular, no one's saying anything new and it's bordering on talking about each other as players. I'd say "take it to a new thread", but threads really shouldn't be created just to crap on other players and their playstyles, so...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Arbre
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Moi had a span where she couldn't talk after her first attempt to reincarnate failed and she basically was a walking slab of raw meat. I had a lot of fun using illusions and emotes with that, and I found it challenging as a player.

/2cents
  • So here's my rage: when you point out a stupid thing that someone does, explain why it is stupid, and explain that you're not pointing out the person, but the stupid thing that they're doing, and then everyone automatically assumes that you're attacking the person.
    Arbre
  • Moirean said:
    Moi had a span where she couldn't talk after her first attempt to reincarnate failed and she basically was a walking slab of raw meat. I had a lot of fun using illusions and emotes with that, and I found it challenging as a player.

/2cents
    Given the complexity of your writing, that's understandable, but where is the challenge and fun in doing "conjure illusion Pink letters float through the air, saying, "Stuff"" over "say Stuff"?
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    Have you seen the tsinkin paint? Or the nifty artifact that draws letters in the air? It's even game mechanics, so why is it so bad that a person does it with illusions?
  • Sessizlik said:
    Have you seen the tsinkin paint? Or the nifty artifact that draws letters in the air? It's even game mechanics, so why is it so bad that a person does it with illusions?
    My character is <crippling disability>, but has <other ability> that completely removes every problem that comes with <crippling disability, so I suffer absolutely no consequence from having this crippling disability.

Bad gimmick.
  • edited December 2013
    One moderator has already said to cut it out, it's time the issue was dropped. I really would hate to see this rage thread go the way of the old one.

Edit: ftfy

Edit: I will not be silenced by the communist Arbre.

NeithanAreka
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

Oooh! Time to post an AETOLIAN-BASED RAGE! comment.

The use of the Public News section to post about the Christmas stuff. This is personal rage opinion type stuff, so feel free to disagree, but I think it should have also been put in the Announce section.

Here's why: I get that we're trying to be all Arr-Pee-y about it, which is fantastic. But I don't read the Public News. Because 99.99462469% of the posts on there I don't care about. What about the 0.00053153%? Those are the 3 posts about the Christmas stuff. So it was 100% that I didn't care about before that. It's always the same stuff - people getting into pissing contests with other people, taking verbal jabs. I've only got enough popcorn for the unicorns on the Enorian news, thank you very much! I would have missed it entirely had I not seen someone going "I am buying this junk" and I asked someone else, "WTF is this junk they are buying?"

*Disclaimer - I acknowledge there are some good announcements by players on the Public News, like contests and stuff, which I recognize as awesome and if that were all that was posted to the Public news I'd be all for reading it. Unfortunately it's usually a bunch of name calling and he-said-she-said garbage. Bleh.

So! There you have it.

Also, rage that it is not January or IronCon.

I rage at the fact that my character is being misinterpreted for some reason and I can't seem to change it. Possibly due to cultural differences or whatever making some ambiguous words get easily twisted and for some reason people seem to take the wrong meaning more often than not. It's mostly the tells, because then I can't have my character act out expressions and help explain the mood. It's gotten to a point where it's made me feel too self-conscious to speak around people or just plain frustrated and sad when it happens. It's pushing me away from those I want to RP with and the organizations I feel connected to.

Just wish people wouldn't assume the worst, I guess.

• Demarcus said:

The use of the Public News section to post about the Christmas stuff. This is personal rage opinion type stuff, so feel free to disagree, but I think it should have also been put in the Announce section.

Here's why: I get that we're trying to be all Arr-Pee-y about it, which is fantastic. But I don't read the Public News. Because 99.99462469% of the posts on there I don't care about. What about the 0.00053153%? Those are the 3 posts about the Christmas stuff. So it was 100% that I didn't care about before that. It's always the same stuff - people getting into pissing contests with other people, taking verbal jabs. I've only got enough popcorn for the unicorns on the Enorian news, thank you very much! I would have missed it entirely had I not seen someone going "I am buying this junk" and I asked someone else, "WTF is this junk they are buying?"

*Disclaimer - I acknowledge there are some good announcements by players on the Public News, like contests and stuff, which I recognize as awesome and if that were all that was posted to the Public news I'd be all for reading it. Unfortunately it's usually a bunch of name calling and he-said-she-said garbage. Bleh.

So! There you have it.

We post semi-important stuff in Public with regularity, if not frequency, so you might wanna get into the habit of skimming. Don't worry, if the poster is Daskalos you can skip it.

i am rapture coder
    RiluoArbre
  • NLIST PUBLIC (in this case) is your friend! (and / or NLIST REVERSE PUBLIC) and you can use numbers.

Teani
  • Rage at @Arbre for changing my mod color. I like the blue thank-you-very-much.

Arbre
  • Teani said:
    I rage at the fact that my character is being misinterpreted for some reason and I can't seem to change it. Possibly due to cultural differences or whatever making some ambiguous words get easily twisted and for some reason people seem to take the wrong meaning more often than not. It's mostly the tells, because then I can't have my character act out expressions and help explain the mood. It's gotten to a point where it's made me feel too self-conscious to speak around people or just plain frustrated and sad when it happens. It's pushing me away from those I want to RP with and the organizations I feel connected to.

Just wish people wouldn't assume the worst, I guess.
    @Teani TELL Amberlea your fur seems kinda' gross," her voice sounding uncertain. "Perhaps you should take a bath!

This will break the tell up with the quotes, allowing you to add a little bit of voice/implication. Can't remember who, but someone sent me a tell like this at the end of summer and I was like OMG, had never thought of doing that. Should copy this to the aetolian lifehack thread.
    Rawr
    AngweArbreTeaniBakhtuh
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Omei said:
    Demarcus said:

So! There you have it.

We post semi-important stuff in Public with regularity, if not frequency, so you might wanna get into the habit of skimming. Don't worry, if the poster is Daskalos you can skip it.

HEY! ITS TIME TO TURN UP THE HEAT IN HERE!!!1!!

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Omei
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I really dislike when people do emote things in tells. It just really doesn't work for me.
    Rivas
  • As a PSA I'd like to remind everyone to define every little detail of every design and never, ever, ever try to be creative. Also remember your-hyphens or the Craft-guild gets-mad.

Please be sure to define every aspect of your design, I'd hate for someone to take the artistic liberty of using an Aetolian symbol without clearly defining, to the letter, precisely what it is. It'd be great if you could also remember to put in the RGB value for each color you use, along with a wikipedia article linking to defend your choice of commodity.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    To be fair, from HELP DESIGN GUIDELINES

- If you're going to claim a design is for a guild, house,
       city, or other organization, make sure you describe in the
       examined why it is. If you want it to be a cloak with the
       symbol of Arion, describe the symbol of Arion. If it bears
       the crest of House Nebre'seir, describe the crest.

Rivas
  • edited December 2013
    Toz said:
    Also remember your-hyphens or the Craft-guild gets-mad.
    A well-done full-length design will make self-actualized use of real-life guidelines on properly-used grammar rather than attempt an ill-defined good-for-nothing rewrite of creative process.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    The funny thing about crafting approvers is that after you've designed stuff for a while, you kind of get a feel for what's legitimate in terms of rejections, what's nitpicking, and what's just annoying/weird rules. You also get an idea for what kind of loopholes and shortcuts there are. But I think I'm one of the few people that actually enjoys crafting and shopkeeping. >_>
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Sessizlik said:
    I really dislike when people do emote things in tells. It just really doesn't work for me.
    I will admit. I do emotes in tells but it's only to showcase things like laughter and such. Such as:

Piper tells you, "Well, if that ain't the dumbest..., " Her words are cut off with a bubble of laughter before she continues, ".. but that crud is alright, you know? I mean, you're just a pitting man. What the pits you going to know about anything. You born with a tiny brain, boy."

(That was never said IG but it should have been)
    TeaniCannanHaven
  • I'm pretty sure Piper said that to Rivas at least once.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Piper
    She could (perhaps should) have! :D

Piper
  • Yaotl ate my Ciem raid :( bad Yaotl
    Rawr
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Phoenecia said:
    The funny thing about crafting approvers is that after you've designed stuff for a while, you kind of get a feel for what's legitimate in terms of rejections, what's nitpicking, and what's just annoying/weird rules. You also get an idea for what kind of loopholes and shortcuts there are. But I think I'm one of the few people that actually enjoys crafting and shopkeeping. >_>
    I used to love crafting. I rarely do it these days, as the rejections are far more nitpicky than they used to be and it's just tiring having stuff returned 6 times because you didn't explicitly mention that there's NOT a mattress in your bed or you used a normal feather in the comms when you mentioned a swan or you mention that something is the color gold and people insist you have to add the goldbar comm because of that...yet things like rings slide through with the removed message on the worn or the attire accidentally groping everyone who looks at it. I find crafting far less fun that I used to.
  • Mother-unicorning-hyphens

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021