Small Ideas - AIN'T NO COMBAT THREAD

Comments

• Anyway to make it so if you go into arena and lose the fight, defenses like Book, Orb Mist things, Vigor dont get stripped if you die, as each cost gold and it means if you have any active you cant go spar someone for 5/10 mins if someone needs to test... you have to wait til either you die in game or the orb/vigor goes...

Moirean
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I feel like Book tattoo should be reworked altogether. The way it is currently is rather meh, with encouraging/forcing people to stay permanently logged on so the defense doesn't drop.
    MoireanArbrePiper
  • The loggin on part I dont care.. as it should be stripped same with starburst on logout/death but going into the arena isn't really a 'death' and sometimes if you bash for 5 hours straight without dying. You want to do something to refresh the need for bashing

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Oleis  can you please please PLEASE give us Guilds a little Xmas present?!?!

In the Houses they have the PROMOTE commands where they can promote people up to rank 5, a rank at a time, each IC month.  Can we please have that for guilds as well!

Its rather annoying when we go to favour someone a rank up for passing novice requirements only to find that it bumped them up 2 ranks instead of just 1.  This would help to bring a greater control of management in the Guilds and over the ranks of the people.  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    MireiaAngweErzsebet
  • Macavity said:
    @Oleis  can you please please PLEASE give us Guilds a little Xmas present?!?!

In the Houses they have the PROMOTE commands where they can promote people up to rank 5, a rank at a time, each IC month.  Can we please have that for guilds as well!

Its rather annoying when we go to favour someone a rank up for passing novice requirements only to find that it bumped them up 2 ranks instead of just 1.  This would help to bring a greater control of management in the Guilds and over the ranks of the people.  
    Problem is that that already exists sort of:

Novice aide:
    GUILD PROMOTE
    Promote a novice to full member.

I understand your pain to a degree. This discussion has been held once before already however. Usually secretaries of a significant rank can guildfavour up a rank when it's in the mid range of guildranks.
    Also: Don't guilt trip admin/coders.

Piper
    @Ferrik guild promote does not work the way you think it does.  This only moves the novice out of true novicehood in which they get the third guild skill, but does not move them up in guild rank, and remain at Rank 1 in the guild.   Also, in my opinion, guild promote is never used.

To be honest I would love a total revamp of the Guild system as in its current reincarnation serves little to no purpose, and is an archaic approach to what we started with back 11 or so years ago when the game opened.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    It really is a pain to have to either bug a secretary or hope someone who's made GR4 (for the sentinels, at least) to favor a newbie for fear of over-promoting them and having to have someone disfavor them.
    Nola
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    The guilds would be greatly benefitted to be able to promote just up to GR3, since that's when you get class.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    ....I would never disfavor someone because a favor ticked them too high. Make a log note, change their title, message yourself as a reminder, but disfavoring? That's horrid for morale and just looks tacky.
    OmeiPiperNolaArbreMireiaJasline
  • So, this is an annoying thing..

Most Undead classes have a form of heatsight/lifevision/shadowsight - to see hidden peoeple

Cabalist, Indorani, Vamp(bb), both Lycan classes but on the Lifer side of things, none of them classes have such skills...

Can we get a lifer classes or two a skill to see hidden people

AND YES I know heatsight is at endgame but hunting before endgame is a pain when you get 'beep' people hiding while hunting then having issue because YOU cant see them so you have to leave the area to stop them from crying

That sounds really cool actually.
    OleisAarbrokPerilunaJasline
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I am not buying a clan slot just to have access to the crafting guild clan.

It's a waste of credits I'd rather put towards the tradeskill I just bought.

At this point, I just use the myriad of contacts I know -are- in that clan if there's something I need to know. I would heartily support Damonicus' idea.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    The Crafters clan also has a lot of really useful information and references on where to find things like specific fruits, herbs, or other crafting commodities. It also tends to be where a lot of announcements regarding crafting tend to go. Making the craft guild into an actual guild would be really cool, and would kind of remove the need for a spare clan slot in addition to putting all of the clan's current crafting info in an easily accessible place that most crafters can see.
    AarbrokMoireanPiperPerilunaJasline
  • Didn't know where to put this but I think the games maths is wrong when it comes to horsemanship..

When I didn't have NOTHING in horsemanship it said

Galloping            0%    Expert (423 lessons)

and I only had

Lessons        : 497 

You have obtained the GALLOPING ability!

Lessons        : 317

from my knowledge thats only 180.. not the 423 the ab horsemanship ranks said..
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    It might be that horsemanship is a miniskill and they only use half the lessons compared to normal skills to level up to a specific skillrank.
  • yea I was thinking that but, learned remaining clearly shows how many it is to trans it (600ish) So wondering if the ab horsemanship rank could do the same as for us newbies it was well weird only having to learn 200 to get the skill now I have 400 free to do nothing with.. a waste of converting the credits
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Our learning and skill code (which dates back to the beginning of Achaea) works off of a formula that is fluid and not entirely linear. So while the lessons required to get to Transcendent from Inept will always be the same, the individual skillranks actually do fluctuate a bit. The safest thing you can do is check LESSONS (to see how much you've invested) and AB <skillname> RANKS (to see where the ability sits in the skill) and do your own subtraction.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Can we change crafting artifacts to not require being wielded to work? >> Just be in inventory? 
    Moirean
    The number of times I've ran into a fight wielding my carving knife...
    ArbreIshin
  • Well there are worse things to bring to a fight!

i am rapture coder
    Moirean
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

Compendium Deathsense Summary - Show you a summary of all your areas you have deathsense unlocked for.

Also, have COMPENDIUM show all the variations of the root verb, so we don't have to refer back to the help file.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alexina
    can we have a CONFIG DEATHSIGHT GENERAL or something, where once on it will give a general death message and not have to code in every single deathsight message out there?
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I'd rather send GMCP. I'll look into the feasibility of that.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • Alternatively, if you're using Mudlet you can set up a color trigger. Using CONFIG COLOR DEATHSIGHT you can set deathsight to a color you don't use for anything else, then follow these instructions from the mudlet forums to create a trigger that will respond any time that particular color shows up.

edited December 2013
    Moirean said:
    Let CL decide where city privs go, akin to how guilds distribute privs. This would let cities create different governmental styles, without much work required from the admin - eg Spinesreach could have a lot more of the powers lower down, because REPUBLIC! while BL could stack a lot of the powers at the top for their elite.

---------------------------------

Group messages: GMSG <group> <message> - lets you send a message to an entire group at once. Eg GMSG CARNIFEX GO HUG YOUR HOUNDS or GMSG REDTAPE YO, CHECK FOR MONOLITHS. This would be a priv only certain members could access (eg investable by guild, only available to the CL, whatev) and you would have to BE a member of said group to message them (cuz, trolls).

----------------------------------

A "government" group. CL, council, ministers and aides would be considered members of this group, which could then be interacted with via price policies, messages, etc.

----------------------------

New channel: CGT - city government channel. CL, council, ministers and aides could all access this channel.

---------------------------------

Bump the number of cityranks up. The game has been around for a really long time now, and old loyal citizens have been kinda festering at those top ranks with nowhere to go for years. It'd be nice if there were some more ranks we could use to favor people through, and maybe toss some more powers to those ranks. These ranks would see diminishing returns on favors, akin to how it takes a lot more favors to get from CR 5 to CR 6, so getting to CR 10 would take a TON of work and favor, potentially RL years. Some potential powers for each rank (kinda just made up with existing commands for minimal coding, but you could get a lot more creative and add in fancier things):

CR 7: Access to REVLOG and CITY ECONSTATUS

CR 8: Grants an extra use of the religion tree skill divinity each year.

CR 9: Membership in the "group" government. Access to CGT.

CR 10: The ability to SUPPORT a leader of the council. Yes, potentially controversial, but someone who's earned this rank should essentially be valued so much in the city they are equivalent to being a council member. Also, gives an interesting level of politics and a check to derpy councils. May have to do some math to balance out how citizen votes vs council votes for CL go, but I love the concept of truly dedicated/loyal citizens being able to have a voice in that.
    Just reposting this. The ideas were just there to give examples of new city powers and can be completely scrapped or changed. The lack of ranks in general, however, is something people have been lamenting for a while and we're all grumbling about in our senator clan - CFs are a great way to reward people for stuff as a city, but if you are liberal with them, you basically make cityrank worthless.
    I love the auction house but can the messages when you are outbidded and the gold has been refunded be in the same message?  I got 8 messages for 4 different bids.  A bit of spam
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    For the new auction house, could we get a setting we can turn off and on that announces when an item is added to the auction house? Even just a simple line such as: 'A <item> has been placed up for auction.' I feel it would draw more attention to the feature and spur more bidding.

MacavityPiper
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Could we get an ENHANCEMENTS RENAME <current name> <new name> command that lets us rename memorized enhancements regardless of which one we're currently using?

I gave some of them vaguely applicable names when I saved them and sometimes forget what they're good at now >.>
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • edited December 2013
    Config Color option for says/tells/orders etc.

I'd like to have the players speaking be colored by what I have set as Config players, and their actual -dialogue- as the configed color. It would make reading stuff so much nicer. If they do a say emote/whatever, just have it be same color as either players or as emotes.
    HavenErzsebet