IronCon 2014

Comments

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Lin, Nola, and myself are planning on getting a room together. If anyone is comfortable with the group and wants to join in, just ask. Can't promise bed space to all but it'll be cheaper than a room by yourself and safer than sleeping in the streets!
    Demarcus
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    I am seriously considering this, if I can pitch in with a group for a hotel room. I've slept on things much less pleasant then a floor in my lifetime thus far, so no issues there!
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

Demarcus
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Tentative yes. I have three paychecks in January, so if tickets are still available then, I will be able to afford one. If not, then sadpanda.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    Demarcus
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Daingean said:
    Tentative yes. I have three paychecks in January, so if tickets are still available then, I will be able to afford one. If not, then sadpanda.
    You should have no trouble getting a ticket. We want as many people there as possible!
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    DemarcusChakrasul
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Ditto to the Daingean. Too many bills this month, need to guarantee I get that week of vay-cay off next year. Should be grand though!
  • If you book through something like hotels.com you can get a hotel on the strip for $70 a night. Food for thought.
    Ticket has been purchased! Hope to see you all there!
    NolaOleisDemarcus
  • Mine too! Same here.
    OleisPiperDemarcus
    Love it! Keep it up! I want to beat Achaea in ticket sales. :>
    [---]
    IosynePiperDemarcusArbre
    Oleis said:
    Love it! Keep it up! I want to beat Achaea in ticket sales. :>
    That... will be tough. They're a pretty dominate bunch... BUT! Having more than myself and Neithan as active players there will be cool!
    I count as ten people. I will bring wigs to prove it. :|
    /me creep faces
    Nola
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I'll show up in 2015. Current one doesn't seem viable currently for me.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    One day I'll have money.

(lolyeahright)
    TeaniAngwe
    edited December 2013
    Quick clarification needed.. The costume contest is of our characters/IRE related, yeah? I can go spill my love for theater and larping into a costume and maybe make out with phat loot? I kinda want to build a Yeleni harpy costume.
    NolaDemarcusTrager
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    Just wondering, do we have a decent crowd showing up from Aetolia? Pretty sure I'm going, buying my ticket this weekend.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    curious question and this might sound a bit dumb......but...

if this is being held at a mansion?!?  Then why are there not places to sleep at the site itself??  I mean when I think of a mansion I think bedrooms and lots of them.  did I miss something??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    All the rooms are being used to park Matt Mihaley's yachts. Duh.
    TragerEzalorArbreSetne
    Macavity said:

if this is being held at a mansion?!?  Then why are there not places to sleep at the site itself??  I mean when I think of a mansion I think bedrooms and lots of them.  did I miss something??
    The rooms are used by Iron Realms staff. Gods/Producers/Coders/etc.
    Omei
    Piper said:
    Quick clarification needed.. The costume contest is of our characters/IRE related, yeah? I can go spill my love for theater and larping into a costume and maybe make out with phat loot? I kinda want to build a Yeleni harpy costume.
    Sorry I missed this. Yes.

Macavity said:

Demarcus nailed it. We'll be staying in the mansion itself, partly as a reward but primarily for liability reasons.
    [---]
    Piper
    Oleis said:
    Piper said:
    Sorry I missed this. Yes.

Macavity said:

Demarcus nailed it. We'll be staying in the mansion itself, partly as a reward but primarily for liability reasons.

Hooray liability reasons! Besides, how awkward would it be to wake up and come out of your cheap-o motel room with morning hair and BAM! There is @Razmael doing the exact same thing across the hall. Continental Breakfast would be... unpleasant.
    Arbre
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    @Razmael didn't get up in time for breakfast last time. He was too busy dying from the hangover that @Desian and @Iosyne afflicted him with.
    Iosyne
    Neithan said:
    @Razmael didn't get up in time for breakfast last time. He was too busy dying from the hangover that @Desian and @Iosyne afflicted him with.

Dude, that was a test and you failed. The correct answer is "Nobody gets up for breakfast at IronCon unless they never went to bed/passed out in the first place."

But yes, that was a pretty gnarly hangover. A picture is worth a thousand words, and those taken towards the end of ya'll night out all say "hangover" 1000 times.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Grrr, I really want to go. :(

OleisDemarcusArbreSetne
    Teani said:
    Grrr, I really want to go. :(
    Do it!
    [---]
    Demarcus
    I'm a student living in Sweden with bills to pay. It's expensive. I'll try to save up for some year down the line, but I can't say which one!

Demarcus
    I love Scandanavia! Maybe we can talk Matt into having Iron Conn on a Norwegian Fjord Cruise in 2015.
    As if a Fjord Cruise in Norway is that much cheaper. However, yes! Holding an IronCon in Scandinavia would be much appreciated! Just wonder how many Americans would be able to come. It's less expensive to travel the other way around, from what I understand. Or it's just that it's high season in July when the event is held. Anyway, one day I'll be able to go. *nod me*

• I'll hoard as much as I can and perhaps be able to come. We shall see.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Demarcus
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Stop buying chests and it should be easy. :P
    Demarcus
  • You know, Moirean. I could have bought a plane ticket with the money I spent on chests this month. Damn you, Aetolia.
    Daskalos