MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• It's been so warm here in the last week, I swear it hasn't gone below 37 in the sun-time hours yet!  Been reaaalllly foggy, though.

I want more snow :(
    For as much precipitation we get in Washington/Oregon, it rarely bothers to happen during our coldest stretches of winter. It waits for the week after when we're in the 40s again.

• RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    34 degrees Celsius today. I miss cold Christmas's so much now :(

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    dunno about the rest of the Midwest, but here in Chicago we only have two seasons...Winter and Construction!  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • After the sweltering 105 F temps this summer in central New York, I won't complain about the snow and ice. I really won't. Give me the freezing cold over that crap.
    ArbreAryanne
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Macavity said:
    dunno about the rest of the Midwest, but here in Chicago we only have two seasons...Winter and Construction!  

Minnesota has Fishing Season, Road Construction Season, Deer Hunting Season, and Ice Fishing Season (a.k.a. Winter)
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Vermont has 9 months of winter and 3 months of poor sledding
    MoireanTeaniAryanne
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    You guys should come to Ohio, seriously. We have the Wheel of Weather! For example, it dumped ten inches of snow on us over the last week and has gotten down to single digits, causing ice. This weekend's forecast? 50's and rain.

Aryanne
  • Feeling down and having no idea why :-/

DemarcusJasline
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    AS the wicked witch would say, "I'm MELTING! MEEELLLTTTIIIIIIIING!" 

They are replacing the boilers in our building and installing a new geothermal heating thing. Sounds cool. They told us that there would be no heat Monday and Tuesday and to dress warm, fine, right? 

No, No bueno. Instead of NO heat, the thermostats are all broken and have been pumping out a tropical 90+ (Fahrenheit) in temperature. I work in a room with no airflow, lack of windows, and in the center of the building. On top of this, I do not take heat well at all. I much prefer cooler temperatures and cold. You can always layer. After a certain amount of stripping they arrest you.

XavinFerrikPerilunaAryanne
  • Having to call today and replace my credit and debit card. Due to a little mishap at Target. So for all you that shopped there between Black Friday and the 16th if Dec.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/target-security-breach-affects-40m-cards-235513770.html

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs

Explaining balances and unpaid debts to patients that just refuse to understand how their insurance works with copays or are entirely incapable. Some people just hold out to see if you'll write it off if they dig their heels in enough and it's annoying. It's nothing off my back if you don't see the doctor ever again but you are wasting my time.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited December 2013
    I hate a couple of things:

1) My step-mom decided, after much planning, she didn't 'feel' up to going to see her family this weekend. She took 30 minutes to give me excuses until I finally just was like, "DO YOU WANT TO GO OR NOT?" and she finally said no. And -I- had to call her family to tell them.

2) I'm only working Friday of next week. Meh. Both good and bad. Bad for my bank account, good for me to go visit family.

• Solaria said:

2) I'm only working Friday of next week. Meh. Both good and bad. Bad for my bank account, good for me to go visit family.
    This, so hard. I'm home for winter break for 5 weeks, and the pharmacy I usually work at during the summer and winter decided that they'd only be willing to toss me about 25 hours for my entire break :/

I understand why they can't exactly be handing out hours and whatnot, but blargh at having bills that need to be paid without many hours to work for money to pay them.

• Going to third the lack-of-hours rage. I am seriously concerned about my ability to pay my rent.

i am rapture coder
  • Many feels for you both. With the excitement of precipitation AND tornado warnings in the US, we have a glut of overtime from now until New Year's Eve because tow trucks need to be dispatched regardless. (As long as safe to do so.)

My rage is against these /ahem/ DELIGHTFUL people who insist that they have coverage on their policy when they clearly don't. Take it up with your agent, you sparkly unicorn. Not my job.

This past Monday really brought out the werewolf in a lot of people, myself included. I was tense and irritable all day, didn't think of a reason until someone pointed out the full moon. Waiting 5 hours for a break and getting it for 5 minutes, okay I was a little mad, but I understand, if we're drowning in calls we're drowning in calls, but everyone else's bitching about it for the last 2 weeks is really irritating. It's our busy season people, suck it up. Although yeah, they could do 10 min breaks, though the frequency could be higher. But when the calls get backed up, it really does need to be all hands on deck and then some.

Also, we're still hiring whoever we can get to pass the tests and training, but we're running out of headsets for everyone on the floor as they're starting to break.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Haern said:
    After the sweltering 105 F temps this summer in central New York, I won't complain about the snow and ice. I really won't. Give me the freezing cold over that crap.
    I will trade you.  Give me my 115F temps back.  You yankees can have this below freezing bs back. 
    Boomer Sooner!

ArbreOleisRivas
  • edited December 2013
    Busy, busy at work. Being overworked and not appreciated for 'the extra mile'. It doesn't help that my boss borders on abusive at times. Fantastic times.

Edit: It just takes me a while longer to 'unwind' after work than I am used to. I can't play Ferrik properly when I'm grumpy! :(

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Depression.  I've been fighting tooth and nail to get over it, even going to (what I think are) extreme measures to feel better.  I am going to a wedding of a girl that used to be my best friend today.  It's really gonna test how much I've -actually- gotten better.  This disease makes -no- sense and shouldn't exist.  People should be able to naturally be happy without having to have electricity shot through their brain.
    PiperAryanneDemarcusMaghak
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    The removal of the expand post button sucks, especially since I usually post stuff from a tablet until my laptop is fully fixed.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    MoireanFerrikAryanne
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Snow. Lots of it. We apparently don't employ people to shovel/plow/salt/sand the premise. So I have to. And now I'm going to get yelled at for "not running my operation" because I was shovelling snow all night.
    Dagan
  • I rage at crying at the drop of a hat recently. It's conflicting with me trying to be happy about Christmas.
    ArbreTeaniAryannePeriluna
    so the last part in order to start my new job with the VA is to get a background check by the government.  I know I have nothing to worry about as I have not been in trouble with the law or what not at all, but you always have to get nervous when the government goes snooping into your background actively!   

**bites nails till this comes back**
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Demarcus
  • Secret or TS?

its a High Risk VA Public Trust clearance
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    My younger sister's present was supposed to arrive vial mail on the 20th. It's now Christmas Eve and the package is in flipping Arizonia and has been since the 16th. What the ever loving sugar... 
  • Strong art urges right before work after a near month-long deadzone in desire or inspiration.

I have like 10 minutes before I leave, come onnnnnn

Piper
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    edited December 2013
    So, we got hit by an ice storm last week. Knocked out the power in most of the city since Saturday, my place included, which is why I haven't been around. My family was lucky in that we had a portable gas stove to cook food, but being completely without heat and being unable to shower for about three days was unpleasant. Got the power back up today, so at least we won't be sleeping in the cold today.
  • Got rear-ended. The day before Christmas.
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Macavity said:
    its a High Risk VA Public Trust clearance
    Sounds like the equiv. of a Confidential level clearance. As someone who is exposed to this stuff regularly, don't worry so much about your investigation. The big thing, and I mean big is honesty. They will assess how much of a risk you are. All of security boils down to risk management. Provided you don't have overwhelming debt that you're ignoring, a large list of felonies, or anything that can be potentially used to blackmail you or whatever, you'll likely get your clearance access. Just DO NOT LIE or attempt to conceal things. 
  • What Seir said. I have seen people with felonies get TS, and people with multiples who dealt drugs for years get secrets. I also know a guy who has a nearly flawless record, very respectable reputation, and essentially nothing going against him get his denied because he answered honestly in an interview a question that he had lied about on his written submission. ( He had used steroids years in the past. )