Spam in Combat

DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore ExtraordinareRolling amongst piles of credits.

Noticed a few skills are -particularly- spammy - anything we can do to clean this up?

A reddish haze caresses your cheeks, filling your mind with foul whispers of anxiety.
Your body odor clears itself up.
You have cured body_odor.
You are afflicted with sadness.
Ezalor uses Wisp Anxiety (sadness) on you.
You feel the sadness anxiety settle in.
Riluo uses Wisp Anxiety (sadness) on Rashar.
Rashar glances around nervously as his sadness anxiety settles in.
Riluo uses Wisp Anxiety (selfpity) on Mireia.
Mireia glances around nervously as his selfpity anxiety settles in.
A reddish haze caresses your cheeks, filling your mind with foul whispers of anxiety.
You put on your happy face and prepare to face the world!
You have cured sadness.
You are afflicted with self-pity.
Riluo uses Wisp Anxiety (selfpity) on you.
You feel the selfpity anxiety settle in.
Riluo uses Wisp Anxiety (selfpity) on Teani.
Teani glances around nervously as his selfpity anxiety settles in.
You decide that you aren't that bad after all.
You have cured self-pity.
You are afflicted with body_odor.
Akirash uses Wisp Anxiety (bodyodor) on you.
You feel the bodyodor anxiety settle in.
Akirash uses Wisp Anxiety (commitment) on Teani.
Teani glances around nervously as his commitment anxiety settles in.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    set up a gag in your system.  choose what you want to see and what you do not want to see..

done and done!  =)
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Except that still introduces more lag and just creates a load client side. This sort of thing can be easily handled on the server side. Put a CD on people being hit by wisp anxieties - you can only have one at a time, so it changing 3 and 4 times means nothing. Let the BB only see what someone got hit with, and not anyone else. Gagging

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

well the issue with not anyone else is that if there are other BB in the room or other classes that depend on afflictions they need to see it as well for tracking, or if this is put into place, then we will have to use a liaison report just to fix that
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

@Macavity - If you read the messages, you'll see that each time a wisp hits a target, it cures the previous affliction. You'll note that I was cured and afflicted -3- times. Only one of those sticks, and would need to be tracked, thus, it could be made much less spammy by putting a CD on wisps hitting people so that only one hits at a time,

• Daskalos said:

Noticed a few skills are -particularly- spammy - anything we can do to clean this up?

Rashar glances around nervously as his sadness anxiety settles in. Yep that's a guy.

Mireia glances around nervously as his selfpity anxiety settles in. Nope, not a guy.

Teani glances around nervously as his selfpity anxiety settles in. Wrong again.

Teani glances around nervously as his commitment anxiety settles in. (Cleveland voice:) No, no, no!

Spammy AND full of lies!
    :|

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Ferrik said:
    Daskalos said:

Rashar glances around nervously as his sadness anxiety settles in. Yep that's a guy.

Mireia glances around nervously as his selfpity anxiety settles in. Nope, not a guy.

Teani glances around nervously as his selfpity anxiety settles in. Wrong again.

Teani glances around nervously as his commitment anxiety settles in. (Cleveland voice:) No, no, no!

Spammy AND full of lies!
    :|
    I'm just fighting the gender binary, croc. (just kidding I'll fix that in the morning)
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    FerrikEzalor
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013
    So wait make it so others do not see the spam of anxieties, or slow down anxieties? Is a tad confused here and sleepy after my shift. I-)  I am hoping you mean just the spam!

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

to be honest I am not sure why anxieties was nerfed anyways where multiple BB's in the same room with the skill active would not still work regardless.  I mean you all did not nerf the ents for Indo/Cabal.  You basically took a skill for each person and made it so only one person has it active regardless how many BBs there are in the same room.  Group combat is that, GROUP combat, not just reducing our skills down to just one wrking within a room at a time.

but I am sure there was a good reason for it
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• The anxiety change was not aimed at group combat, that's just a side effect.

Macavity.. did you read that? Even with multiple wisps in the room, only -1- hits you. The rest are just extra messages.

@Daskalos I realize what you are saying and yes I did read your post.  My point is that if there are multiple BBs in the same location those Anxieties should be hitting you and giving you multiple afflictions, thus the spam should be there but also be afflicting you.  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

But my point is that only one hits you - and for good reason. There's a reason multiple sets of vibes, rites, shine, et cetera don't hit the same person.

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Daskalos said:
    But my point is that only one hits you - and for good reason. There's a reason multiple sets of vibes, rites, shine, et cetera don't hit the same person.
    There's not really a sensible way for us to tell which one the "last" one will be, though.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Why not then treat it like other passives, and put a cooldown so only one can hit at a time? If you only end up with one affliction anyways, and the wisp afflictions are random, should it matter if you get hit by BB1, BB2, or BB3's wisp last?