Artifact ideas

Comments

• Saybre said:
    Since Tacticians Handbook is kinda..meh. 1 hour cut to 10 minutes isn't that great when the perks of masteries got cut down so significantly.

What I'd like to see is an artifact that would reduce the health 'sacrificed' for Sacrifice. I would definitely buy it, since I use sacrifice for bashing to get a decent DPS rate. With the loss of resistance aura, and even the magic reduction being reduced unless running Protection as an AURA rather than blessing, we've become rather squishtastic when it comes to elemental bashing (Volcano, Xaanhal, certain parts of Tiyen). Yes we have fullplate, which is great for the cutting/blunt nazetu and such, but to everything else, especially without the 10% of endgame buff, cut to 5% (Can't believe how much a difference that made!) it makes it rough.

Sure I can bash without sacrifice..but Smoke elementals without sacrifice? I do a whopping 400 damage a round with my bastard against them..it takes like 8 minutes to kill one >.<
    I kind of want to point out that nearly no one can do the smoke elementals.  The only person I know of who actually did them on a regular basis was Mazzion, and I used to see him die to them pretty frequently.  Being able to do those is not the standard you should measure yourself against.
    Lin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    It's my understanding that the Volcano was implemented and meant for group bashing. I don't understand why people keep trying to solo the entire place. :<

Is the xp just not worth it for group bashing?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Where did you hear that? I always thought it was intended as a challenge for endgamers.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    The massive area damage from all mobs except the daemons (which can be pretty mean all on their own) doesn't really make it feel like the Volcano is particularly suited towards groups. If you are able to survive the area damage, then you are able to solo bash the place, which just gives lots and lots of experience.

Only class I do the smoke elementals as is praenomen. Anything else and I get my rear whupped.
  • edited May 2013
    Nevermind.
    Compensate via liaisons instead of artifacts, that way everyone with your class will benefit.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.

1. 250cr No_Mob_Impale - Stops Mob_Impales
    2. 200cr LightwallRing - Lets you cast Lightwalls
    3. 50cr Token of Customization - Let you attach it to something that can't normally be customized and make it customized, such as a Scythe, Dhuriv, or Mace
    4. 50cr Shop Shelves - Buy these, drop them in your shop, and expand stockroom capacity by 100
    5. 10 ic\cr Let us buy Compendium random pages with Iron Coins and\or credits
    6. 1000cr Absorption - When placed on a shield, has a 1/20th chance of completely negating the attack. Yea buddy.
    7. 2000cr PhaseRing - Lets you enter phase as any class. <-- this so much this. Let me please take the fight to Calipso in phase.
    8. Make WaterWalking toggleable so we can use flood as a defense. Or make waterwalking not allow forced movement if water is in room.
    9. 150cr Transferrance - lets you move artifact powers around freely.
    10. 100cr Magic Eye - Permanent Mindseye

Make Cane of the Quickening not require wielding.
    Let us refine the Dominion Crystal no matter our current class.

From Achaea:

Bracers of Frost: 1000 credits
       - Allows you to:
            1) FREEZE GROUND - Cover the ground in ice.
            2) FREEZE <person> - Freeze an opponent.
            3) CAST DEEPFREEZE - Deepfreeze all your enemies that are in the
               same location with you, if you could otherwise interact with
               that person (taking into account astralform, phase,
               blackwind, and the like).
            4) POINT <bracers> <direction> - Create an icewall to block the
               direction.

Loki's Tear amulet: 250 credits
       - For serpents milking venoms, the special properties of this amulet
         will allow the owner of this amulet, while the amulet is worn, to
         milk 2 doses per turn instead of 1.

From Imperian:

Silvery neck guard: 400 Credits
      - Has a chance to prevent behead/cleave from removing your head or
        chopping you in two.

Zydramir Journal: 300 Credits
      - Reduces essence loss by 1/2.

A Steelweave Surcoat: 750 credits
      - The steelweave surcoat grants a 15% reduction of damage from a
        physical attack.

From Lusternia:

Scrying Mirror: 400 credits
       - Enables use of new verb: EWHO
       - Shows where everyone is and their planes.
       - NOTE: Will *not* penetrate cloaking gems.

Pliers of Clangorum: 1500 credits
      - These pliers are the ultimate artifact insofar that they
        can be used on other artifacts. They allow the owner to freely
        remove artifact runes (including weapon runes) from their own
        items so they can be moved onto others.
      - Syntax: DETACH RUNE <number> from <object>

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Alexina
  • If they do a phase artifact, I want an absolve artifact and a lightform one. :|

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Mastema
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Daskalos said:

9. 150cr Transferrance - lets you move artifact powers around freely.

They already have this, it was sold in one of the auctions, and I have it.  LOVE IT!!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    I'd like more ylem-related artifacts. These are some examples I've thought of:

1. Icon artifact.
    2. Announce when a lesser foci spawns (wouldn't tell you where, just that one just formed).
    3. Increased personal reserves. Or reduce the rate at which personal reserves deplete when using refining abilities.
    4. Increase the rate at which ylem mists drop from normal mobs.
    5. An eld critical attack artifact that doesn't come from the hunting grounds.

There's probably more things that could be added.
    MoireanDaskalos
    Toz said:
    If they do a phase artifact, I want an absolve artifact and a lightform one. :|

An absolve artifact would be no - you don't get other classes instakills. As for Lightform, I wish they'd merge lightform\blackwind\phase onto one plane as it would introduce a new level of conflict in Aetolia - phase battles. Now you have to defend two planes! Duiran would need an equivalent skill, but yea.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Lin said:
    Daskalos said:

6. 1000cr Absorption - When placed on a shield, has a 1/20th chance of completely negating the attack. Yea buddy.
    7. 2000cr PhaseRing - Lets you enter phase as any class. <-- this so much this. Let me please take the fight to Calipso in phase.

Why do you hate Aetolia.

I don't hate Aetolia. I'm trying to give them excuses for me to send them my money.

You say, "Raz! Your artifact shop is out of shit for me to buy again." 
    Razmael says, "You might as well just buy the shop at this point."

• BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited July 2013
    -Leylineator (totes made that word up) - 1000cr (or w/e)
    Touching this object will let you know if any foci of lesser size are present on the continent by glowing/vibrating at the contact. It will not reveal any hint of its location however.

- A taming whip - 500cr
    CRACK WHIP AT (target) will passify even the most hostile of creatures for a short time.

- A sniffer critter - 1000cr
    This little bugger is fully tamed and if there is a minor foci in your area, this little critter will sniff it out for you.

Usage - ORDER CRITTER SNIFF
    Message - A critter tugs insistently at you, pulling you to the (direction) [balance use 1 sec]

Would also be customisable description wise.
    MastemaDaskalosAlexinaAlistaire
  • Daskalos said:
    Toz said:

An absolve artifact would be no - you don't get other classes instakills. As for Lightform, I wish they'd merge lightform\blackwind\phase onto one plane as it would introduce a new level of conflict in Aetolia - phase battles. Now you have to defend two planes! Duiran would need an equivalent skill, but yea.

Selling ANY class skill should be always a no. If you want that skill, pick up that class and use it. Class artifacts drive me NUTS, especially after Achaea. Unicornsing pauldrons of shrugging..

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

AlistaireRivas
  • Toz said:
    Daskalos said:
    Toz said:

Selling ANY class skill should be always a no. If you want that skill, pick up that class and use it. Class artifacts drive me NUTS, especially after Achaea. Unicornsing pauldrons of shrugging..
    I got over this after lycans lost both scent and heatsight. And not to artifacts, but to endgame racials. I'm all for certain class skills being available in other ways.
    Daskalos
  • Artifact Adaptable Armor - Either combines armor you somehow merge into it, or just works as the appropriate armor for your class. I'd love to not have to carry around 5 different types of armor (possibly more in the future!)
    BenedictoAldricHavenDaskalos
  • Allow previously purchased artifact powers to be transferred across all characters on the same account, for the 50 credit transfer fee.

DaskalosSaritaArekaArbreInfin

Let's revive this thread! Aritfact ideas? (because Raz is running out of things for me to buy)

I would really love some artifacts for the Teradrim class, that are specific to that class, like other classes have!  I want to buy more stuff!!

Ideas:

1) Something that allows the teradrim to flood 10 locations with sand without having the drain on willpower
    2) Collar for the Golem that allows them to act faster or boost their reflexes allowed before it slows the golem down
    3) Empowered storm that allows the user two free actions for no eq cost at massive storm
    4) Venom allowable flails!
    5) option to chance Vigilance every IC day (once per hour) or less than the current skill of once per IG Year
    6) option to raise a second golem or to split the current golem in two, and allow them to attack.  of course there would have to be some negatives to this.  
    7) option to sand flood an entire area from one location
    8) Jar of Sand - to allow the use of all sand abilities without putting down sand in the room
    9) option to use two imbues rather than just one

Just a few thoughts!  heh
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Would you like a win button with that, too? Artifacts should be useful, but not overpowering.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited December 2013
    A shop artifact that lets us add more organizational places for shops! (expand the assignable shelves, not shop volume). 

/edit - broken record, I know :(

@daskalos now that you mention it, SURE!!!   an I WIN AGAINST DASKALOS button!  thank you!  you so nice!  heh

But seriously though, they are ideas, and the balancing can be done with all those lovely Liaison people we have
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited December 2013
    An enhancement specific artifact. Rather than Transmutation or Adaptation, which are full on re-incarnates, having a lesser one to just be able to switch enhancement sets, that would make me happy.

Stealth Artifact (I love being sneaky!) Not necessarily shroud, just stealth movement.(Or endgame racial skills...I NEED SOMETHING TO SPEND POINTS ON)

Artifact Allsight - (Does this exist already? I don't think it does. I burn through earrings on a near -daily- basis)

Cloaked fracture entrance (Or just remove the detection one..PLEASE)

Templar: +10% Weapon Charge build up, (besides the bonus granted by Penetration stat)

Amulet of the Moon: - Allows the wearer to shape-shift regardless of class, however does not grant Lycanthrope powers/abilities beyond LANGUAGES - Requires Transcendent Lycanthropy. (Though Lycan revamps might allow something like this kinda-sorta..?) I just want to Were-wolf Templar! RAWRRR.

Edit: Apparently Amulet of the Moon already exists - as Sunbane.

So..Amulet of the Moon Moon?

Dang it Moon Moon, that's for Vampires!

Also - If there's a chance of reducing the cost for Dex Artis? Their bonuses are handy, but not MIND blowing. Keeping it at the same cost as Strength/Intelligence which directly affect damage output, while Con stays at a lesser cost of 500/1000/2000. If Dex were switched to that cost level, it'd be far more intriguing of an option to get.
    ArekaDaskalos
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Saybre said:

Amulet of the Moon isn't appropriate for Aetolian werewolves anyways.  The moon is associated with werewolves because of the lore that states they change with the full moon - clearly this isn't an issue in Aetolia, so it doesn't make sense.  Figure out a name that's lore appropriate.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited December 2013

Macavity said:
    I would really love some artifacts for the Teradrim class, that are specific to that class, like other classes have!  I want to buy more stuff!!

Ideas:

1) Something that allows the teradrim to flood 10 locations with sand without having the drain on willpower
    2) Collar for the Golem that allows them to act faster or boost their reflexes allowed before it slows the golem down
    3) Empowered storm that allows the user two free actions for no eq cost at massive storm
    4) Venom allowable flails!
    5) option to chance Vigilance every IC day (once per hour) or less than the current skill of once per IG Year
    6) option to raise a second golem or to split the current golem in two, and allow them to attack.  of course there would have to be some negatives to this.  
    7) option to sand flood an entire area from one location
    8) Jar of Sand - to allow the use of all sand abilities without putting down sand in the room
    9) option to use two imbues rather than just one

Just a few thoughts!  heh
    Trager
  • Arbre said:
    Saybre said:

Amulet of the Moon isn't appropriate for Aetolian werewolves anyways.  The moon is associated with werewolves because of the lore that states they change with the full moon - clearly this isn't an issue in Aetolia, so it doesn't make sense.  Figure out a name that's lore appropriate.
    An amulet of the moon exists already anyways:

Amulet of the Moon                500cr
    ---------------------------------------
    Artifact Property: sunbane
    Reduces damage taken from sunlight, also prevents afflictions the sun normally gives out.

why not a 

Lycan Collar

Collar of Morphing

Collar of the Pacts

??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Guys, there's already an Amulet of the Moon, just FYI. Someone told me it deals with sunbane. 
    Piper
  • Lycan != Dog.

Amulet of Transmogrification

Locket of Lycanthropy

Shifting Stone

Bone Earring of Mutation

?

-Also, really? No one gets the Moon Moon joke?