Winter 2014 Liaison Round Discussion

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    With some of the buffs Belgarion has put forward, I'm not sure retardation will still be needed. I don't see anyone on the Sciomancer side putting forth anything, though - it seems as if the players in the class would rather sit in their present stage and wait for a revamp rather than try to change the class for the better through liaisons. But, Voidgaze is a lot stronger in retardation than anything  the Ascendril have, so who wants to put in a nerf for themselves? That's just me.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    What? Both Xiuh and I have put forward ideas.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Here is my thought on trying to make the Cabalist combat a little better, just a minor tweak..

In Domination more of the entities that afflict do not give an affliction message to the owner, for example the Bubonis, this entity if order to target mind will give Masochism and Confusion, while the Masochism gives a message when the person hits themselves, Confusion gives no message at all.  Since this is part of the Tweaks that leads to Disturbs it would help the Cabalist out if the afflictions were relayed to the owner and not the person afflicted as they are suppose to be hidden.  

Pushing this idea further, I suggest that all entities will let the owner know what afflictions were given for both classes Indo and Cabby, so they can better track the afflictions given and fine tune their offense.  

This is not a suggest to unhide afflictions that are currently hidden to the target but just to help boost up Cabal
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    I wrote a report for tekura feint, because I feel it should be combo-able. Feel free to go look at it, it's the only tekura report. I've never written a report before, so I probably did something wrong.

I also sent a message to Daskalos suggesting that dampening only work on enemy vibes, but didn't write a report for that because he already had a dampen themed report up.

I would also like to write a report for maybe a sort of rite fortification skill, like elemental channels have, but haven't done so yet, so feel free to discuss that here, since I'm mentioning it now.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    edited December 2013
    You can't really compare elemental channels to rites. Channels are killed by a floor rune and are needed as a pre-req to cast spells. Rites are better compared to vibes and they work fairly similar in that regard - a single balance destroys a single one, and only certain classes can do that, and I think that's a rather fair setup. 

I'd support a report to make rites more mobile, ie a vibe-version of crystallism focus to port a set to your current room. Us liaisons supported a report like that years ago, but it was never implemented and instead paladins got perma-block. *side-eye rite of focus*
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    The difference in vibes and rites, Moi, is that when you're canceling rites, there's at most 4 ever put down. With vibes, there's 8-whatever. It's not even in that sense - it takes a lot less time to cancel rites than it does vibes. Also, I forgot to check sciomancy, so ignore my previous comment. With all of the new ideas being put forward by both classes, especially with Sciomancers asking for -more- passives, which would be a big boost in retardation... the skill just needs to go. :(

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Trager
    Less of your offense is centered around rites, though. They augment it, versus serving as the backbone for it. Rites and vibes are still analagous, and a far better comparison than rites and elemental channels.
  • I think people need to keep in mind how viable the reports they're writing up actually are. There are several reports up right now that have me looking at them and going 'yeah, that's not balanced at all'.

Moirean
    Here is another thought about the thorn sigil....   in its current carnation you can drop several of them in the room and the Magi has to spend all the time in trying to destroy them or pick them up.  This can cause issues and setting back the Magi offense.

Solution:  
    Change the thorn sigil so that you have to throw it at the magi you are attacking.  This would bring this sigil back in line with the other sigils like eye that has to be thrown as well.  

Same as before but instead of throwing it at the person throw it at the ground

Change the time that the thorn sigil destroy channels and make it higher so that its not completely removing an entire skill set  for the magi
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Thorn sigil doesn't exist anymore.
    Oleis
    which ever sigil that destroys elemental channels
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• That's her point. It doesn't exist any more.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

hmm Xiuh stated to me yesterday that someone was using it against him....is it possible that some are still in existence stocked up to be used??  

And if it really is gone why is HELP SIGILS not updated??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Sure it's possible that there are some kicking around. But they can't be made any more afaik.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited December 2013
    Thorn sigils do exist.

They cause two tattoo uses instead of one, I think. We dropped them vs the coatrack - I can't spell his name, even when I'm trying to target him - entirely because hey, if he didn't have a perm tree or something, it'd augment sear.

There were also two of us standing there doing nothing but PREFORM RITE OF DAMPENING every balance.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
    No. Conjuration was deleted. You can't make thorn sigils anymore.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I came across this issue way back in the summer and I was told that while the ability to create the sigils does not exist anymore, if you've the sigils stored in a shop somewhere or whatever, they'll still exist til you use them or take them out and allow them to naturally decay.

Unless of course the guys upstairs have changed something since then and deleted all sources in the game, technically, they might still exist if someone hoarded a bunch somewhere (I want to say some Bloodlochian did hoard them but I honestly can't remember. I do recall buying like 1 or 2 somewhere so I could fight Ellenia in retardation though). 
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    I understand that. That however is a limited supply and not really relevant in the grand scheme of combat balance, so not really something to make a report about.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    They're not handed out in giftbags anymore, right?
    another report...

The artifact Gem of Transmutation allows you to change race and statpack every 2 hours.  Adaption allows you to change statpack with every class change, and Polymath allows you to change class every hour instead of the 12 hours without.  Both of the artifacts cost 750 credits for a combined total of 1500 credits.  The Gem of Transmutation costs 1000 credits.  With the new statpacks that are out and soon (if not already) turning off the ability to change statpacks without class changes every hour, I propose that if you have both artifacts Polymath and Adaption that you will have the power to change statpacks every hour regardless of a class change.  Even adding in the 10 minute CD for aggressiveness would be acceptable as well. 

This would allow those of us with both artifacts to use a PK and a Bashing statpacks and enhancements.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

with the new release of the sent class it has within its ab file the ability to ride their animals and use horesmanship abilities with them as well.  This gives them a free mount where other classes do not have that access.  Other classes have mounts that could be used in this way and have not been updated.

Solution:

Allow the sents to ride their mounts much like Indos can with Chariot or Indo/Cabal with Chimera but remove the connection to horesmanship skills like those two classes have.

Allow all classes to use horemanship with all rideable entities, Indo/Cabal, and all future classes with rideable mounts.  Those with the Teradrim class, add in a new skill AB ANIMATION call it something like Back rider or Mounting, but this would allow the teradrim to get on the back of the golem and allow them to be carried, like a mount and be able to use horesmanship abilities with it as well. 

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Macavity said:
    another report...

The artifact Gem of Transmutation allows you to change race and statpack every 2 hours.  Adaption allows you to change statpack with every class change, and Polymath allows you to change class every hour instead of the 12 hours without.  Both of the artifacts cost 750 credits for a combined total of 1500 credits.  The Gem of Transmutation costs 1000 credits.  With the new statpacks that are out and soon (if not already) turning off the ability to change statpacks without class changes every hour, I propose that if you have both artifacts Polymath and Adaption that you will have the power to change statpacks every hour regardless of a class change.  Even adding in the 10 minute CD for aggressiveness would be acceptable as well. 

This would allow those of us with both artifacts to use a PK and a Bashing statpacks and enhancements.
    Then what is the purpose of the distinction between Adaptation and Transmutation?
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Daskalos
    Honestly I think the Transmutation artifact should be deleted, and allow us to gather the other two for the combined added affect.  Over all it would cause the player to spend more credits of 500 extra because the Transmutation is 1000 credits. 

Furthermore if this is allowed, then this could open possibilities for other artifacts to be combined together for other added bonus affects.  Sort of part of a set of artifacts like the Cryptic chest one we now.  

Another possible solution to give Qeddqyn the power to grant this other power for like 50 or 100 credits, and not auto granted upon getting both artifacts.

My reasons for this is also to allow us to test further our classes, along with statpacks and different configurations.  Those of us that have 10 classes need a bit more time to go over all the classes to find the right one that works for us in each class.  On top of that this will help us to create Guild scrolls for the novices and others that get to the enhancement options to know what is best for their class, and know that the information has been tested and is sound.  

Not all of us have access to an arena that allows us to change statpacks, classes and what not to fully test the abilities and how they react to the different options.  Also having the player base to pay credits for all that test seems a bit unfair to me.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited December 2013
    imageSo...you want to piggy-back ride your golem..
    @Saybre I just want it to be fair across the board, as no others have access to a free mount like Sents do.  There have been reports put in the past for Chariot or Chimera to have access to horsemanship skills but they were denied because it would give them a free mount.  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• That's the new 'niche' part of their skillset, nerfing them seems unnecessary. A Donkey is what, 2500 gold?

Also, I tried to be funny and use Fry meme..but apparently I fail at forums. I give up.
    oh no I got the joke, and I laughed.  I think it would be interesting to see people riding on the backs of their Golems!  =)
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Another Report:

Golem XP gain is VERY poor and takes extremely long time to get anywhere with it.  It is much like having another person follow you around and not gain much XP at all.  I do not think the XP gain should be easy, however I think its a bit too hard as is.  Also the reason for even bashing a Golem up in its levels is to gain more health for them to last longer in battle.  

Solution:

Earthenpaint Yellow is already geared more towards bashing, so add in an XP boost with it as well.  When Intertwine is activated with the Golen ink, add in a MAJOR boost with XP on top of the already affects.  

Change the Golem XP gain and boost it up much higher than it is.

― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

New skill Desiccation:

Sand Wall - sand in the room is needed for this ability

1)
    Allow the teradrim to project a wall of sand in a given direction this wall when someone passes through it will strip levitation, and cause any projectiles coming from that direction to be slowed down and fall to the ground from the weight of the sand.  

2)
    Allow the sand to block the entrance like an ice wall, can be removed by flooding in that direction, or overgrowth
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

edited December 2013
    Two new skills for Desiccation:

Sand pillar is great for range abilities but it is hard to determine if people are in your sand or not.  As such I think the following two abilities will help the Teradrim with this.

Take the abilities from Naturalism of Trespassers and Whispers, and allow them to work with Teradrim sand abilities.

Trespassers:
    List all those who currently step upon your sands.

Whispers
    At a significant drain to your willpower, track all movement in and adjacent to your sands.
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax