Flash Dat Cryptic Bling

Alright, after several incredibly disappointing rounds of Cryptic Chest Roulette, I have decided one of the better ways to satisfy my addiction while at work is to read about what other people have gotten! So! Share what you got from the bank account demons! Er, I mean cryptic chests!

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    My boyfriend bought me the 5 chest package as a "here I'm sorry I was out of town on Thanksgiving" present. XD. It was a great gift - with those 5 chests, I netted over 500 tradein credits from stuff like vials, a girdle, Lleisan crystal, etc. 
    Demarcus
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Moirean said:
    My boyfriend bought me the 5 chest package as a "here I'm sorry I was out of town on Thanksgiving" present. XD. It was a great gift - with those 5 chests, I netted over 500 tradein credits from stuff like vials, a girdle, Lleisan crystal, etc. 

I'm at  loss for words. I bought 15 chests, best I got was 4 arte vials. Bought 6 more with iron coins, best there was 3 arte vials.

Who can beat Moirean for awesomness?

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    I got a girdle of fortitude on my first ever chest, it's been all 5 credits and golden idol pieces from there.
    Demarcus
  • edited December 2013
    I'm really disappointed with them chests, not even half an artifact to be found.
    In fifteen I got a grand total of 180k gold, 135 125 cr, 6 assorted chocolates and a few common parts for item sets (4 parts to be exact). 
    All in all, at credit market price, I could have gotten more credits by just buying a credit package. 

I hope the rest of you are more lucky :/
  • I won't buy any. They just keep getting added onto instead of cycling through items. Remove a set or two from the chests and replace.  Give a bigger odds of the newer items. Get rid of all the old pets when you put new ones on. That way also it will increase the value of items that are no longer available. Or, make a new chest item shop in Delos with the previous set of items. Use credits so you still can make real cash off of the chest items.  Just my thought though.

SessizlikArbreTeaniDemarcus
    I just feel so... compelled... to buy more... they're addicting. Very addicting...
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    ...had I not logged into forums I wouldn't have realized they were on sale.... I now have 15

65 credits
    Hunting boon token
    Lleisian crystal
    compendium page
    mirror shard
    observer eye
    95k gold
    chalice
    map segment
    48 ic's
    and a chest piece

Demarcus
  • edited December 2013
    Cryptic swag you say? Am I doing this right?
    OmeiXenia
    Thas some goooooood stuufs!
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Bought fifteen. Don't remember exactly what I got, but the only two artifacts I got were two rebirth crystals. Got some mint chocolates - 2 - and -two- northeast starchart segments, along with some small credit / coin bundles.

All told - after selling a rhino pet and two shimmering seeds and trading in those two rebirth necklaces - I managed to get the last 250 or so credits together I needed to buy my equilibrium boost artifact, and it cost me -roughly- the same as buying a 200cr package, so I'm not -disappointed- but I really would have liked to get a tattoo token or something.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • Xarian said:
    Cryptic swag you say? Am I doing this right?
    Is that... really you? Because that's over one million dollars.

i am rapture coder
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013
    Is it only me that thinks chests are getting meh recently! I have got several over the last few years and they are generally pretty worthless unless I am on an alt and need a chalice to level up quickly. Sorry if this comes of rude, I just wondered if others feel the same about them or not.

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    They were definitely nerfed prior to the last round. Comparing chests (and I got lots of them over the course of like three sales) shows that they give way less than they used to in terms of credit returns, which is probably a good thing because the whole promotion was skewed way much in favour of certain IRE games over others. It's the same with giftbags.

Personally, I'd like to see some sort of average value of chests being a bit higher than what you'd get just by buying credits for the same amount during a credit sale promotion, with the randomness pushing it up or down a bit depending on your luck. At the moment, I can't justify buying them.
    RiluoDemarcus
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Our average credit value per chest is set on a company-wide basis.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Demarcus
  • RiluoRiluo The Doctor
    edited December 2013

figured it out

Abhorash says, "Ve'kahi has proved that even bastards can earn their place."

• @Xarian that is an insane amount of BTC. 

Demarcus
  • Pulled a wooden ring  of vigour  from a five-pack, the rest I've bought have been pretty bleh.

Tyrai
    Demarcus
    Bought another pack of fifteen, showing flagrant disregard for my budget.

55cr 29ic 1 chalice, some chocolates - 2 caramel, 1 hazelnut - four pheonix hearts and a knife blade, plus x gold.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    for 15 of them?!?!?   this drop rate is horrible!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Macavity said:
    for 15 of them?!?!?   this drop rate is horrible!
    I'm noticing a massive nerf to random chance stuff, but it might just be a bias on my part.

Used to be, I'd get a couple chalices or a keyring or some other minor artifact no one keeps for long and be cool with it. But since they introduced more junk items - most of the chocolates/hearts/eyes - I'm getting mostly that.

A lot of my chests from this package were 5cr and a handful of gold. On one hand, you accept that the chance to get really good stuff might outweigh the bad, but I just don't feel that the risk/reward ratio is there anymore, and will probably bow out of these promotions (chest/giftbag) for the foreseeable future - it's just not worth it when your leisure budget is limited, at this point. I'd stand to gain more putting the cash towards straight up credits.
    Alexina
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Five chests and got:
    A knife blade
    A glass feedback reservoir
    Doppleganger-skin parchment
    A leather knife sheathe
    A wooden circle etched with sacraments
    along with 80898 gold

Teani said:
    Five chests and got:
    A knife blade
    A glass feedback reservoir
    Doppleganger-skin parchment
    A leather knife sheathe
    A wooden circle etched with sacraments
    along with 80898 gold

I believe my favorite artists Krewella have a song for this... "Killin' It". Because dayum, you killed it. Not the uber 5 amulets of the underworld or whatever, but 5 new set items and 80k gold? I'd take it.

My last 10 (technically 12?) chests I ended up with...

-Gold chain for my compass of disorientation
    -5 cr
    -50 cr
    -17 ic
    -5 cr
    -4 grimtims
    -5 cr
    -5 cr
    -5 cr
    -5 cr

Then spent 150k to buy another chest... 20 ic and a chest piece. OK, so basically a reroll... in the reroll? 15 ic.

"Drop rate" as Macavity has put it is way, way down. I set aside a cool $100 for another 20 chests or so at the end of the month, thinking I'll just squirrel that away for a rainy day instad.

• I got a hunting boon token, a bunch of gold, 4 grimstim pills, 5 credits and a baby rhino pet.