Short Questions

Comments

• Does anyone know if there is a list of available POSES?
  • It's been far too long since I've used it and I've forgotten the actual command, what is the syntax for using the prayer book artifact?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Let's talk about TERADRIM.

How's the bashing?

Is the class still STR-based or has it switched emphasis to other attributes?

Is it still tanky as hell?

Do you still have to be undead?
  • It can be str and balance based or int and balanced based but using racial eq modifiers instead of racial balance modifiers.

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    edited January 2013
    Re: Lin

Bashing is amazing, My only complaint would be that the best DPS attack has an endurance drains that eats up thousands of endurance in just twenty-thirty minutes of bashing, and that's with the class's passive endurance regen, trans fitness, the endurance regen from Azudim, as well as artifact.

Class is strength-based, but you always have the option of using the following runes:
    GOLD:   Your flail speed bonuses are dependent on equilibrium, not balance
    GOLD:   Your flail damage is dependent on intelligence, not strength

It is tankier than any other class I've played save for Praenomen. They lost a point of con from old teradrim (the old crown rune is gone), but they still have the earth regen. This is my audit:
    The following abilities and items are protecting you from Cutting damage:
    Golem Fend: 10%
    Earthenform: 10%
    Miasma: 10%
    Divine Favor: 10%
    Wielded Shield: 33%
    Armor: 28%
    Protection Artifact: 6%

********************************[ Resistances ]********************************
    Type           Defences     Miniskills   Armour       A. Total    
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Cutting        40%          0%           67%          58%
    Blunt          40%          0%           67%          58%

In addition to all this, you get golem twinsoul that transfers 10% of damage you receive to your golem. And if your golem is also attacking whatever mob you're hunting, the mob will sooner or later hit the golem instead of you (this doesn't happen very often due to golem's slow attack speed). The golem fend bonus only occurs if you rune your golem with yellow paint, which might not be optimal for PK.

The most awesome thing ever is your gole, though:
    A clay golem (golem56986)
    -------------------------
    Room:       Within a cavern.
    Area:       A volcano.
    Level:      98.
    Exp:        111398610/125000000.
    Health:     uninjured.
    Escapes to: Yggdrasil's decayed heart
    Paint:      Yellow.

It levels up when you go bashing! And you can't even customise it until it is level 100.

You quickly lash out with your whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked balls to batter a lava daemon in quick succession.
    You have scored an ANNIHILATING CRITICAL hit!!!
    Health Gain: 405
    Damage done: 16234, blunt.
    The final blow proves too much for a lava daemon, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a lava daemon.
    You gasp with the realization that a clay golem has reached the level of Archgolem.
    Experience Gained: 6015 (Bashing) [total: 28723040]
    A rush of energy fills you as you feel ready to deliver a devastating blow upon your next target.
    Balance Used: 2.50 seconds

EDIT:
    Archgolem. I hope this is some sort of prelude to new, better, and inanimate endgame races.

^_^
    RaecheLin
  • edited January 2013

XavinRhoHaven
    omg i want it so bad now
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    The endurance drain for hammer really is crazy. That said, I've been hearing that the willpower drain (haven't tested any of it out myself because of no lessons) for using a lot of sand things is equally crazy. Some people were suggesting that classes like wise/dexterous might ultimately be better than strength based ones.

As for being undead, it's not a mechanical requirement, but the last time I checked with other people in the guild, the resounding majority want to limit it to undead only. Obviously, we can't rule out sketchy ways of getting the class.
    You can order your golem to emote and stuff, right? If I couldn't RP my golem it would kill the class for me.
    Denira
  • Lin said:
    You can order your golem to emote and stuff, right? If I couldn't RP my golem it would kill the class for me.
    You can, but it should be noted that the golem has no personality of its own within the lore and instead is an automaton built to serve you. If you want it to dance, it will--I will just be less than enthused for your shenanigans. 
    LinSarita
    A golem being all personable and whatnot would be about as stupid as lycanthropes trying to emote talking while mutated. No disagreement.
  • I'll hopefully have some more lore tidbits for you ladies and gents soon, etc, etc.
  • SOON(tm)
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Also Lin, best part about the golem is you can use any earth based attack for your bashing attack.  All the Terramancy attacks work on mobiles pretty much, and depending on if you want to risk using a ton of endurance or how you want to rune yourself you can do some awesome things.

That being said, I prefer Skullbash for my bashing.
    Looks like I can get a 2.5s Batter at 923 damage. Skulbash is 1034 damage, but at 3.5s balance I don't know if it's worth it.

And of course Hammer uses stupid amounts of endurance, as much as I'd like to bash with that.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Lin said:
    Looks like I can get a 2.5s Batter at 923 damage. Skulbash is 1034 damage, but at 3.5s balance I don't know if it's worth it.

And of course Hammer uses stupid amounts of endurance, as much as I'd like to bash with that.
    How high is your strength with all that? Did you get a flail with max damage?

In a wide, powerful arc, you send your flail smashing into the side of a suspicious Xorani patrol's skull.
    golem recover
    Damage done: 1908, blunt.
    Balance Used: 3.50 seconds

You quickly lash out with your whirling flail, sending the triad of spiked balls to batter a suspicious Xorani patrol in quick succession.
    golem recover
    Damage done: 1177, blunt.
    Balance Used: 2.50 seconds

I'm guessing skullbash scales better with strength than batter does.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I want Teradrim. :3
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:
    Come back to the darkside, El Burro... you know you never really left it anyway, you g.d. arsonist and lyncher :P
    Amara said:

Haven said:

Come back to the darkside, El Burro... you know you never really left it anyway, you g.d. arsonist and lyncher :P

XD

Yes, well. What would Enorian be without their resident villain/trouble-maker?
    havenbanner2
    Konnorn
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Told you you were a villain.
    edited January 2013
    Arbre said:
    Told you you were a villain.
    Psh! Jokes aside I'd say the character is more of a jerk than a villain these days. The only community I'd say Haven is a true villain towards would be like Duiran and her guilds. Although I'm not even sure if that's true anymore with the completion of the latest arc.

Edit: ANYWAY! This is stuff for my self-affirm page not here.
    havenbanner2
    Mastema
  • Is there anybody that's used the mudlet mapper that can compare it to mudbot? Pros/cons, etc?
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • edited January 2013
    Aldric said:
    Is there anybody that's used the mudlet mapper that can compare it to mudbot? Pros/cons, etc?
    I have a pretty severe problem with latency due to rural internet, and this mapper seems to just get -chewed up- by it, compared to the Mudbot Imap one I used to use. I also have -never- added anything to the Mudlet mapper myself, and found it to be super easy to do so with Xon's Imap one. The updates are a little clunky for me, mostly because I don't understand if it's actually updating the map itself when it downloads it or not, given it always quits at random % numbers, but I just do it again and again until it's 100%.

Something I -like- about the Mudlet mapper is that it runs off Aetolian vnums so when other people need to find rooms, you can use the room find function to throw them a number that at least has some kind of in game context assuming they get close enough.

Frankly, for me, since I'm running Mudlet on Linux and have been for over a year now, this is the best solution to my mapping problems, but I'd kind of really like to get ahold of the proper Linux-built Mudbot/IMap combo if just because I felt a little more knowledgeable and in control with it, though I'm really grateful to have the Mudlet mapper at all, and appreciate the work that's gone into the client to enable people like me to have any type of reliable map.
    Mastema
  • I used it a while back when it was first being tested and I had issues with it, but when it worked it was fast. I do however perfer mudbot due to its ease of use

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Amara
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Aldric said:
    Is there anybody that's used the mudlet mapper that can compare it to mudbot? Pros/cons, etc?

Holy cow I can be useful!

Mudlet Mapper:

Pros:

- Familiar. Warm and fuzzy feeling.
    - Pretty. It has colors and stuff! And wrapped in a nice little package.

Cons:

- It's a map. How are there cons?
    - Buggy for me. Can't fix it. Practically unusable except to be pretty. Out of date.

Mudbot:

Pros:

- Un. Freaking. Believable.
    - Get it.
    - Get it now.
    - You can make custom waypoints, you can run really fast, you can zoom, you can go really fast, it's easy to use, it hasn't been buggy, I can no longer function without it. Well, yes I can, at the same level as before I had it, which was not very functioning.

Cons:

- You don't have it yet. This can be fixed.
    - You will be like everyone else.

Can't be of any help with latency and stuff. I have supah-fast internet. Also, I use both, mudbot for useful stuff, mudlet mapper for pretty pictures. I'm also a complete idiot when it comes to these things, so take my word with a grain of salt.  

Haven
  • Do you have to have the cooking craft to be able to participate in the Iron Epicurean contest? If so, I am very tempted to get that craft right away.

• edited January 2013

Konnorn said:
    Do you have to have the cooking craft to be able to participate in the Iron Epicurean contest? If so, I am very tempted to get that craft right away.

Quoted from the help file:

17.3.7 Iron Epicurean

The Iron Epicurean is a periodic contest for Aetolian chefs of all ages. Anyone (not only individuals with the Cooking miniskill) can participate, provided you feel your culinary skills are up to the test. The Epicurean is held and judged by Felix, the Gourmand, with his assistant prep cooks providing a helping hand.

• Ah, shoot. Missed that part. <.< Thanks!

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Demarcus.  Put.  The caffeine.  Down.
    I don't know what problems you guys are having with Mudlet's mapper, but after a little jury-rigging I don't think I'll ever go back to Mudbot.

When linking rooms, it doesn't get errors or bad links because it's not comparing their position to what appears on the map itself. You can gallop at high speeds around a place you've never been to before and it will be mapped perfectly. If you capture the bottommost line of Aetolia's MAP and tell it to set a room's coordinates to that, it will also automatically create maps that look identical to the game's. I can create custom labels for rooms, and have pretty notes that pop up beneath the name of the room if I want to.

The uses are astounding, and even if it might not be as user-friendly as Mudbot, having a mapper that you can alter and tinker with any time you like is invaluable.
    AmaraAngwe