Post your Screen!

Comments

• Hey man, no dissing on FixedSys. Best font is the best.
    IvolnYusriFurtum
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Saybre said:
    This is on my laptop (my bigger of my laptops). On my desktop I have a bit more freedom with my 23" dual screens. Wish there was a way to make buttons less..boxy in CMUD and be able to do the pretty stuff you can do in Mudlet and whatnot. But Lua be damned!

----------

I just saw this post now - you can, Saybre, if you are willing to put (a lot of) energy into playing with stuff. The buttons themselves are boxy, but you can use image backgrounds atop the boxes to create a range of visuals, just break it up into grids like you'd do with making an image on a website have various clickable components back when that stuff was coded in basic html; tables and stuff. Use that mindset and you can create various shapes.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Working on two screens at home. Usually my big screen is devoted to the game, while the laptop screen is for everything else.

MoireanSetne
  • edited November 2013
    My new mudlet I started 2 days ago!

Moirean
  • my screen without mudlet/stuff :P

Moirean
    @teani: love the background image!

@azton: Cool UI. I think I'd go nuts having so little screen space for text though - how do you deal with spam?!
  • I only got a 15inch monitor! so its better then WHAT I had it..

I got a comm window for web / chatall and help eg tells etc..

I got enemy tracking and the box under the Queue gives IMPORTANT affs I have such as para/stupidity/retri kill etc etc so I can run like a girl @Moirean .. so I got all the important stuff covered! I dont gag nothing so spam I just ignore!

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Moirean: I know! Found it when smurfing around and I've kept it ever since.

15 inches? Dear lord, what are you playing on, an Atari ST?
    Furtum
  • na its a stupid thing, its like 17inch wide (or so it looks) and like 15inch height! so abnormal!

• edited November 2013
    That ratio, doesn't exist. It just doesn't :/
    @azton
    I'm not sure why, but your mudlet doesn't have a full-screen button.
    See the red circle with the line through it? I use that combined with setting my windows start bar to auto-hide, to get extra vertical realestate.

Edit: as I still can't get the insert image button to actually insert an image, here's the link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iketfcb549gal2j/Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 7.34.20 am.png

@moirean
    Whaddya mean, 15" screen is so small? 15" on a laptop is enormous. I'm chopping mine down to 10-11" soon >.>
  • Irruel said:
    That ratio, doesn't exist. It just doesn't :/
    @azton
    I'm not sure why, but your mudlet doesn't have a full-screen button.
    See the red circle with the line through it? I use that combined with setting my windows start bar to auto-hide, to get extra vertical realestate.

Edit: as I still can't get the insert image button to actually insert an image, here's the link:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iketfcb549gal2j/Screen Shot 2013-11-23 at 7.34.20 am.png

Hmm what you mean, "That ratio, doesn't exist. It just doesn't :/" .... You mean my laptop size? And What full screen button? @Irruel

• @azton
    I linked a screenshot of the full screen button. I'm not sure how to get it to appear, but maybe try checking the "Use mudlet on a netbook with a small screen" checkbox in settings. I don't know what it does but I have it checked so maybe that's why I have the full screen button and you don't.

As for the ratio - 17:15 isn't a screen ratio. I suppose it could exist, somewhere in the world, but I'd be surprised if it is. It's not even close to one of the common ones, like 16:9, 16:10, or 4:3. Also, looking at your screenshot, it looks more like 16:9 to me. That is, widescreen rather than something close to being a square.

• Irruel said:
    @azton

As for the ratio - 17:15 isn't a screen ratio. I suppose it could exist, somewhere in the world, but I'd be surprised if it is. It's not even close to one of the common ones, like 16:9, 16:10, or 4:3. Also, looking at your screenshot, it looks more like 16:9 to me. That is, widescreen rather than something close to being a square.

@Irruel Aye I was meaning more widescreen ... as I'm really unsure how big it is all I know is the laptop bag took me hours to find for the stupid width of it!!

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Teani said:
    Working on two screens at home. Usually my big screen is devoted to the game, while the laptop screen is for everything else.
    OMG. I want your GUI. The little star thing in the upper left hand corner rocks.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2014
    Owing to my long hiatus, and the fact that my old system was a piece of garbage, I'm slowly but surely getting a new one off the ground.

It needs a lot of work, and I would benefit greatly from having a more unified color scheme, but for now it's proved nice and functional.
    Daskalos
  • I've had the exact same display layout for like 2 years now and it's starting to bother me. :(
  • edited May 2014

ETA: A work in progress of a very early bunch of crap. But I can bash with it and it's way faster than firstaid, but so was grandma, and she's dead.
    Haven
  • edited June 2014
    I don't take any credit for the building of TW, that credit goes to @Kaeus and @Sheirosia. However, here is what my screen now looks like, for those of you who use TW, enjoy the new UI :)image

Edit: After @Reux pointed out its too hard to see, I uploaded this into two different pics.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• edited June 2014
    Am I crazy, or is Zsad's ui picture too small to see clearly when you zoom in?

And posting this picture got me killed in Fengard.

And ignore the dodge rate tracking - that really should be commented out since I figured out evasion rates years ago. -_-

I'm posting this mainly because I'm going to be rewriting the system from scratch with all the GMCP goodies available in this game. GODS we're spoiled here - every other IRE game has like no backbone support, or they really don't want it in favor of a 'deeper challenge'. I want a good luck at the half-done system as it stands.

And Kikon is the only other brotha that uses MUSHclient ;_;
    I mean, you know, an amount.

• @Zsadist‌ Why did you post the same pic twice? ....
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Nalor said:

@Zsadist‌ Why did you post the same pic twice? ....

Looks like he moved the modes like bashing, pvp, log, etc from beneath the mapper to beneath the affliction tracker. At least, that's the only difference I notice in the two pictures.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Haven said:

Nalor said:

@Zsadist‌ Why did you post the same pic twice? ....

Looks like he moved the modes like bashing, pvp, log, etc from beneath the mapper to beneath the affliction tracker. At least, that's the only difference I notice in the two pictures.
    Aye, nd calling on weblistening to : ... was deleted. I should have had a cuppa before posting!
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • @Haven and @Nalor: Yeah, I went and did that, I also extended the top/bottom status bars to fit across the entire screen and lowered the chat capture so I could do the previous. Was a fun little project. I'm going to see about modifying the left side, but last time I did that, I kinda fucked up the boxes and they wouldn't work. So I'll have to look into that.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

Been playing with my stat readout:

Reincarnation is subbed out for my gem cooldown, while I added a field to track my Xaanhal reset (I should go bash it!) and when the last lesser was. The to-do list pulls up a random note from my notes list, while the RL stuffs pulls up a reminder from a note list I made just to remind me about RL stuff I might forget. The city and guild stuff reports the overall credit/gold levels as well as the running net amount from scripts I have to itemize in/outs of gold and credits.

Not super fancy UI, but I like how this stuff has turned out so far.

SetneOmeiHavenSlyphe
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    ...520k from Quota? How?

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

edited June 2014
    I bash a looooot. I'm pushing for 160, and we also have some other heavy bashers like Eleanor, Carthenian, Ishin (dem globes) and Winterlynn. We also chunk gauntlets at newbs as much as we can.
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Misc covers the bribes Moi gives out so people conveniently forget all the things she breaks.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Most of misc is impromptu stuff like "Yay we all got drunk in the arena, have some prizes" - I should make a category for that, tbh. And add in the pie budget, as requested by Fred.