IronCon 2014

Tickets are on sale. Who is going to be there? Last year was pretty darn epic...

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    This guy.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Aryanne
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    By the time I could even afford them they'll most likely be sold out, and as I'm just starting this job, no clue if I'd even be able to go.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Aryanne
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Would love to if the combined flight there and back didn't run for over $800...

I could take a bus for a quarter of the price, if I wanted to be stuck on a bus for 51 hours with 4 transfers.
    AryanneRivas
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Save cash and go via sled dogs. Or zamboni. Or moose? I'm out of Canadian transportation options.
    IosynePerilunaArbreAryanneAarbrok
  • I could probably be convinced - if I see enough representation from Aetolia on board!
    DemarcusAryanne
  • Planning to go this year as well, barring any unforeseen job conflicts.
    DemarcusAryanneIvolnNeithan
  • I'm going to be a definite! Can't wait to see you guys there!

...I hope for once we'll actually have a good Aetolian representation!

DemarcusAryanneIvolnNeithan
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Waiting to buy my ticket presently. Wife is planning on being in Vegas, but will likely not be joining me at IronCon due to the fact that we'd have to get a third ticket for a tiny little person. Sooooooo, just Aetolia will be represented by this family this year! Woot woot!
    Aryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited November 2013
    I'll probably go if work doesn't freak out at me :D

Where are they being sold again?
    SlypheAryanne
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I'm a maybe. It really depends on how money is looking.

Aryanne
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Not sure if I can swing iceland and vegas in 2014... I'll see though
    Aryanne
  • I might.
    Aryanne
    SO! Guess what lady person got thursday through monday off during the IronCon and just needs to buy a ticket after rent has been paid.

This one!
    DemarcusOleis
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    If I buy a ticket now and find out I cant go will I be able to resell it to someone?
    Jensen said:
    If I buy a ticket now and find out I cant go will I be able to resell it to someone?
    I know it was permitted last year, you'd have to get the official answer from Raz or whoever makes that call though. I can't see why they wouldn't as long as you sold it at cost or less.
  • Does this price include staying at the mansion/hotel thing? Or will I need to find a place to stay on my own?
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I'm going for sure.
    DemarcusPiperNolaSlypheOleis
    Aren said:
    Does this price include staying at the mansion/hotel thing? Or will I need to find a place to stay on my own?
    Need to pay for lodging elsewhere, unfortunately. Rooms at the mansion is for Gods/staff/volunteers/ghosts/ninjas only. There are a few relatively inexpensive options nearby, a Hampton just down the street iirc, if you get together with a few others and don't mind sharing some space, could proba bly get it down to $25 a night or so.
    Piper
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Jensen said:
    I'm sure that'll be fine on our end.
    Aren said:
    Does this price include staying at the mansion/hotel thing? Or will I need to find a place to stay on my own?
    Demarcus answered this about as well as I could. The ticket price gets you admission to the estate during party hours (which is almost all day, if I'm not mistaken), booze (if applicable and legal) and whatever food we have to offer. If I understand correctly, there were a couple big outings last year, which would be your financial responsibility, but there's always plenty to do at the estate if you need to keep costs down.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    I'll be there! I can probably look around for less pricey hotels if anyone wants me to give it a shot. Just let me know!
    Piper
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I'm saying yes barring any unforeseen circumstances.
    Oleis
  • I'm going to give a tentative yes. I don't know if by that time I'll be able to afford the travel and lodging costs, that is the only issue. Its so far away, its difficult to plan for. 
    Piper
    Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!
    Nola
  • Oh yeah, what are the exact dates for it next year?
  • It's on the facebook page. July 18-20
  • Thanku
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    About $1400 to get me there for three days... a bit too expensive for me. :(

Trager
  • So I dunno maybe kinda weird but I'm seriously debating this. Would anyone be willing to go in for a hotel? And also, what is the address of this 'mansion' so I can look for hotels close?
    Xenia
  • 2810 E Quail Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89120

• NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    The Hampton Inn that the Gods/most of the players stayed at last year is relatively close to it. And not too expensive if you're willing to share a room. Rooms run about $110 a night if you're showing up Thursday and leaving Monday.