Firearms

JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
I think a few of you are also firearm owners/enthusiasts so I figured this would be a cool spot to see what you all have. 

Also, does anyone own a Tavor or FN FS2000 bullpup?  I've been researching into them and am dying to know what owners actually think about them.  MAC youtube channel wasnt as in depth as I wanted and nutnfancy only reviewed the Tavor, which was pretty sweet.
Rlift

Comments

• RliftRlift SC
    edited November 2013
    @Jensen,

Surprised that no one has responded at all to this :-?

I have a CWP in SC, and I carry a PPS 9mm on me at all times, and in my car I have my Sig P250 Compact 9mm. Around tax time I'm hoping to get an AR15 of some type, but not sure which brand I'll be looking at.

I don't own a Tavor or F2000, both are rather outta my price range, though I do play airsoft, and I've held and played with both. I prefer the Tavor on ergonomics and use of use over the F2000. I know it's not the same, but airsoft is pretty damned close to the real thing these days.

Though if I had a choice of any 5.56 rifle and money wasn't an issue, my first choice would be an HK 416 then I'd go SCAR-L or ACR both have their pros and cons.
    Jensen
  • Doesn't the trigger pull on the 250 bother you?

• It does a bit, yes.. especially when the same weighted trigger is on a P226 in DA and seems to be a lot smoother...

But it was my first gun, out the door for under $400 (my PPS was $200 more) and I love it for the look and feel of it, but I've kinda gotten used the the DAO I don't jerk nearly as badly as I did when I first got it. Though I'm dead on with my striker fire PPS every time.
  • Yeah, you can get them pretty cheap. I picked up the 250 kit so I could switch from full size to compact whenever I wanted, but that ten mile trigger pull is just too much. I'm a big fan of the Glock 19, but I also use it at work and so I get to shoot thousands of rounds for free. It's only reasonable to carry what you're most proficient with.
  • I'm a big fan of my Springfield XD .45, shoots whatever crap ammo I can afford with no issues.

However, the AR15 that I put together last year has taken my heart over when it comes to all the rifles I've shot through the years. Keep in mind, @Rlift, nothing beats custom. Not even price, if you shop around for your parts.
    Jensen
  • edited November 2013
    We own two really old 1940's enfield .303's, winchester shotgun and my crapotastic Stirling .22 on the farm. We do not own hand guns or auto's as Australia is strict on weapons. I still steal the 303s as they are fun for dropping roos and feral's. Although I have been bedridden for over 6 weeks so I am not using them currently :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Jensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    @mastema sorry to hear about being bed ridden. Ill have to google the enfields, they sound sweet. @rlift and @missari I like AR's, they seem to attain better grouping across various ammo types even at a significant lower cost than bullpups. My room mate has a rock river arms AR and the thing is a champion
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    I haven't had much experience with rifles yet, though I did get to fire some older models (friend of the family collects authentic as well as accurate remakes of revolutionary to civil war firearms, and has a blunderbuss), but that's on my to do list.

We have a Colt Commander .45 which I do not like firing, though I really like the .38 special revolvers last time I was at the range (a short-nosed colt that I don't remember the model of, and a 6" barrel Smith and Wesson). I prefer revolvers to the semi-automatics, the kick's a lot more manageable. 
    Jensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I guess I should actually post what I've currently got since that's what I made the thread for.... I have a ruger .357 revolver, Remington 1500xtr semi auto 12 ga. Shotgun, a mossberg 20 ga. Pump action shotgun, and a smith & Wesson .308 deer rifle.
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Right now I have what I think is a Winchest Super X3 Sporting my father-in-law gave me for Christmas last year. I'm not big enough into my guns to know every little specific about the model. 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun with adjustable choke Shoots stuff very well. I have to collect my father's guns from my mother -- he passed away in March and none of the other kids wanted them and I didn't want my mom to just sell them or give them away (she hates guns. Really hates. As in ban all guns from the world so criminals can shoot us all without fear of reprisal). So I've got a Remmington .22 long rifle, Marlin .22 long rifle, 20 gauge pump action shotgun, break action 4/10 shotgun (<--- lotta fun to shoot), 30/30, .306, and a .22 revolver. I don't do a lot of recreational shooting since I don't have time or a gun club, but they're all quality weapons in terms of hunting!
    JensenHaven