---------------------------

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Breaking immersion with my bad memory for syntaxes XD I promise i will lrn2emote someday..... Still makes me feel awkward and smack my hand.

IvolnPeriluna
  • Alice said:
    Breaking immersion with my bad memory for syntaxes XD I promise i will lrn2emote someday..... Still makes me feel awkward and smack my hand.
    Don't feel bad:

Daskalos says, "I will say, as one of the more active combatants of the city, that it is extremely disheartening to see Bloodloch beat us to a pulp with 5 people because we could only muster 2 or 3 when there are 15 citizens online and most of what they brought were young. I've seen Catty of all people at leylines lately."
    Prith says, "What does online mean sir?"
    Daskalos says, "Crap."
    Daskalos says, "I meant awake."
    AliceArekaMastemaJensenIvolnCiarelleEzalorAryanneSetne
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I was really, really tired. *ashamed*

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Aryanne
  • edited November 2013
    Daskalos says, "I will say, as one of the more active combatants of the city, that it is extremely disheartening to see Bloodloch beat us to a pulp with 5 people because we could only muster 2 or 3 when there are 15 citizens online and most of what they brought were young. I've seen Catty of all people at leylines lately."

^^ That does happen alot I guess its becaue people like to ideal. Worst part is if you have numbers and people still dont show and are active... thats the big shame part
    Lamb is not the same as a SHEEP!
  • THIS... MAKES ME HULK SMASH!!!!

Satomi gives a lightweight, hollow azure toy ball, a lightweight, hollow beige toy ball, a 
    lightweight, hollow blue toy ball, a lightweight, hollow blue-green toy ball, a lightweight, hollow 
    bronze toy ball, a lightweight, hollow citrine toy ball, a lightweight, hollow cobalt toy ball, a 
    lightweight, hollow copper toy ball, a lightweight, hollow cornflower-blue toy ball, a lightweight, 
    hollow cornsilk toy ball, a lightweight, hollow cream toy ball, a lightweight, hollow cyan toy ball, 
    a lightweight, hollow ebony toy ball, a lightweight, hollow emerald toy ball, a lightweight, hollow 
    fallow toy ball, a lightweight, hollow fern toy ball, a lightweight, hollow forest-green toy ball, a 
    lightweight, hollow goldenrod toy ball, a lightweight, hollow hunter-green toy ball, a lightweight, 
    hollow indigo toy ball, a lightweight, hollow iris toy ball, a lightweight, hollow ivory toy ball, a 
    lightweight, hollow jade toy ball, a lightweight, hollow lemon toy ball, a lightweight, hollow light-
    blue toy ball, a lightweight, hollow lilac toy ball, a lightweight, hollow lime toy ball, a 
    lightweight, hollow mint toy ball, a lightweight, hollow moss-green toy ball, a lightweight, hollow 
    mustard toy ball, a lightweight, hollow olive toy ball, a lightweight, hollow orange-red toy ball, a 
    lightweight, hollow orange-yellow toy ball, a lightweight, hollow pear toy ball, a lightweight, 
    hollow saffron toy ball, a lightweight, hollow sea-green toy ball, a lightweight, hollow sienna toy 
    ball, a lightweight, hollow straw toy ball, a lightweight, hollow sunglow toy ball, a lightweight, 
    hollow teal toy ball, a lightweight, hollow turqoise toy ball, a lightweight, hollow verdigris toy 
    ball, a lightweight, hollow viridian toy ball, a lightweight, hollow wheat toy ball, a lightweight, 
    hollow white toy ball, a lightweight, hollow yellow toy ball, a lightweight, hollow yellow-green toy 
    ball, and three A plain puppet lies torn to bits on the ground here. to Aoi.

RouIvolnPiper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Yaaaay!
  • Piper said:
    Yaaaay!
    That was just my example at the time. :P This has happened to me on numerous accounts with things like books... and slices.. and herbs.. x.x....
    BALLS!

Rou
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited November 2013
    Eyeball
    -------------
    baldness
    clumsiness
    magic impaired
    hypochondria
    weariness
    asthma
    sensitivity
    blood poisoning
    limp veins

insomnia

You are afflicted with blood_poison.
    You reach out and stab the wrist of yourself with one of your inhuman fingernails, watching in
    fulfillment as they look about, stricken.
    H:5094 M:4890 E:23580 W:24850 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]
    You have recovered balance on all limbs.
    H:5094 M:4890 E:23580 W:24870 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]
    The tinctures in your syringes have settled.
    H:5094 M:4890 E:23580 W:24890 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]envenom longsword with strophanthus
    You rub some strophanthus on a razor-edged longsword of beveled steel in your right hand.
    H:5094 M:4890 E:23580 W:24890 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]envenom longsword with strophanthus
    You rub some strophanthus on a razor-edged longsword of beveled steel in your right hand.
    H:5094 M:4890 E:23580 W:24890 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]
    Mana Gain: 50
    H:5094 M:4940 E:23580 W:24890 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]jab me
    Advancing with a quick step, you twist a razor-edged longsword of beveled steel into yourself.
    Grimacing, you absorb some of the blow.
    Health Lost: 436, cutting.
    Your innate fitness prevents your veins from going limp, but you feel yourself weakened slightly as
    your fitness drains away.
    Your fitness defence has been stripped.
    You discern that a layer of venom has rubbed off your weapon.
    Balance Used: 3.84 seconds
    H:4658 M:4940 E:23580 W:24890 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]
    You bleed 24 health.
    Health Lost: 24
    H:4634 M:4940 E:23580 W:24890 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]jab me
    You must regain balance first.
    H:4634 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]jab me
    You must regain balance first.
    H:4634 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]
    H:4634 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]jab me
    You cruelly stab a razor-edged longsword of beveled steel deep into yourself.
    Health Lost: 515, cutting.
    Your heart flutters strangely in your chest, and you feel your veins go limp.
    You are afflicted with limp_veins.
    You discern that a layer of venom has rubbed off your weapon.
    Balance Used: 3.84 seconds
    H:4119 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]
    Health Gain: 99
    H:4218 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]
    You bleed 24 health.
    Health Lost: 24
    H:4194 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]outc eyeball
    You remove 1 eyeball slice, bringing the total in the cache to 1979.
    H:4194 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb e-]
    H:4194 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]eat eyeball
    You eat an eyeball slice.
    Your heart begins to beat strongly again, and your veins return to normal size.
    You have cured limp_veins.
    H:4194 M:4940 E:23580 W:24900 B:88% Afternoon [csdb eb]

>.>

Pretty please keep kinda important help files up to date? >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Rou
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    I might be dumb, but I'm not sure what you're getting at.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    The help files generally declare the cure order. Limp_Veins and Blood_Curse are backwards. If the file was correct, it would have cured blood_curse instead of limp_veins when he ate the eyeball.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Haven
    Thank you. :) I've amended the helpfile.
    [---]
  • Right, what Daskalos said. Apologies for not being clear, I thought it was like a universally known thing though. My bad XD
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited November 2013
    Oleis said:
    Thank you. :) I've amended the helpfile.
    *cough @oleis concoctions cough*

But why not just finally merge asthma with limp_veins like anorexia and belo is...

as if a mob gives a undead asthma (volcano) it acts like limp_veins but its shown as "you are afflicted with asthma." ...

Also in the 'cure order' pretty sure its meant to be undead version limp_veins replaces asthma and asthma replaces limp_veins and for living its asthma top and limp_veins bottom.. so the scroll is right just the cure order (asthma/limp_veins) is the messed up part

You are:
    has Asthma
    has Sensitivity
    has Limpveins
    Equilibrium Used: 0.75 seconds
    Your heart begins to beat strongly again, and your veins return to normal size.
    cured Limpveins

You may consume another curative.(Slice bal)

The stinging feeling fades.
    cured Sensitivity

You may consume another curative.(Slice bal)

Your bronchial tubes open up and your asthma is cured.
    cured Asthma

Where as if I was living it would be, asthma/sensitivity/limp_veins ...

Help Cures concoctions should be:

Kelp
      -------------
     baldness
     clumsiness
     magic impaired
     hypochondria
     weariness
    asthma
     sensitivity
     blood poisoning
     limp veins

Help Cures reanimation should be:

Eyeball
      -------------
     baldness
     clumsiness
     magic impaired
     hypochondria
     weariness
     limp veins
     sensitivity
     blood poisoning
    asthma

I do believe this has annoyed me for months/years

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Actually the mistake was misinterpreted. The cure order is correct for a -living- person. For a living person limpveins is the last affliction cured by kelp. For an undead person asthma is the last affliction cured by eyeball. Basically if you considered asthma interchangeable with limpveins, the old unedited cure order was correct. What would have fixed it in the edit is to swap the positions of asthma and limpveins on the old help file since Reanimation cures are only for Undead anyways.
    Is it correct now?
    [---]
  • Oleis said:
    Is it correct now?
    Yes.

• The discovery that guild-city negotiations with Enorian are about to start... again.. Do you guys just really like boring treaty RP for RL months on end? Is it seeing how much it takes for me to start hitting up the MMSG (ALL THE HERALDS) command to get any response at all? Am I missing some hidden fun here? 

Could we at least whip out the creative insults this time round? 
    XavinAreka
  • Negotiating with Enorian has always been like pulling teeth for the Ascendril, At least for as long as I can remember.

...why are they redoing the treaties -again-? I give up on the pointless paperwork that is generated by the leadership. I miss the days of a handshake and 'don't unicorn us'

IvolnSolariaTeaniZaephlyn
  • Probably because the last couple of times treaty negotiations opened nothing was ever resolved due to BUREAUCRACY.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited November 2013
    Edit: Actually, I'm more upset at the bug than anything else. Please fix our guards. :(
    I love treaty and board meetings RP. It's actually amoung some of my favorite things to do in Aetolia. (Other than prank Moirean).
  • The meetings themselves aren't the issue. Hell, I like politics RP myself or I wouldn't have done what I've done to Ciarelle. It's when people say they're going to change things - and it's often just for the hell of it - and there's no RP scenes, a dearth of messages, a lack of anybody telling anybody else what's going on and everything stagnates indefinitely that I start to feel the hate.
    ArekaXavin
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    And that we -just- had the treaties done, though most orgs haven't accepted the new ones - Lucus had to go away for RL stuff and Bene fadoodled, and neither the then Council nor current Council seem capable of actually looking at the treaties and going "OK this is the new one, accept this and break those so we're all on the same page."

Redoing new treaties with no discussion or inkling as to what the issues are or what the wanted changes are isn't helping anything. 
    Ciarelle
    Alright, I can definitely see your point. That would tick me off, too.
  • It's been going on with Enorian since at least when Xavin was guildmaster and that was quite a bit ago at this point.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Give 'em Hell!

(Or talk to them. That works too! And if they don't respond, ignore 'em til it's brought up again and you're able to discuss it real time. Don't let anyone bully you into believing guilds or cities will collapse because of this. Tis my advice anyway. Good luck!)

As a bit of a side note, I wish guilds in general had a better way if not more ways to fight back against their city. As is, a coup is really the only thing they can do "legally" or that's even consistently effective since lolguards trumph just about everything. And even then that's a pretty extreme avenue to pursue considering the ripple effects.

Unless of course it was allowed that we could PK city leadership continuously during a city vs guild issue or if guilds had their own official bounty system... But something tells me Admin probably wouldn't let that fly for very long if at all.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Piper
  • I hate that I keep hitting a massive wall of disinterest. 

I really do enjoy MUD gaming. I dig politics, character development, weird religious fervor, design work, running events, and creating interesting advancement/reward systems to encourage folks to get engaged. I feel like my capacity to deal with the nonsense that goes along with it has been totally broken from a decade of IRE playing. The first hint of excessive drama just totally spoils any forward momentum I get and I just stop caring. 

I'm not really sure how to fix it. 

imageimage
  • Haven said:
    As a bit of a side note, I wish guilds in general had a better way if not more ways to fight back against their city. As is, a coup is really the only thing they can do "legally" or that's even consistently effective since lolguards trumph just about everything. And even then that's a pretty extreme avenue to pursue considering the ripple effects. Unless of course it was allowed that we could PK city leadership continuously during a city vs guild issue or if guilds had their own official bounty system... But something tells me Admin probably wouldn't let that fly for very long if at all.
    @haven
    What, exactly, is the city making a guild do that is so abhorrent, and why is the guild actually doing it?

1. A city can't force a guild to do anything. They can enemy you all and lock your guildhall, and that is about all they have, which is pretty drastic.
    2. Aside from your guildhall, you don't truly need the city for anything
    3. Yes, there are research benefits you won't be getting but the flipside is that without the citizens your guild supplies, they won't be able to generate as much ylem for upkeep. So that threat goes both ways and is cancelled out
    4.  If your guildhall is really important (eg it contains a master crystal), then being denied access to it would absolutely be grounds for violence. Enough so that I'm pretty certain plenty of blind eyes would be turned if you started killing the city leadership, though as always, within reason.

But having said all that, if your guild is a decent size, active and everyone in it really is united behind a particular course of action - you have the voting pressure to get things done. Either by a coup, the threat of a coup or even just in a referendum if you can convince someone to run it.

If you can't gather enough voting pressure then, sad to say, either your guild isn't behind you or your guild is too small. In which case - why should you have significant leverage against a city anyway?

Ciarelle
This discussion has been closed.