If I were a god...

2»

Comments

• Annie bot is the second most terrifying bot.

...I believed she was the worst until I encountered Brand bot. I knew where he went by the sounds of my teammates screaming 'HE DOESN'T MISS. HE DOESN'T MISS'.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited October 2013
    My Braaaaand.

Is Reka's pops. Trufax. IT's why she'll become a Volcano (with the Tits of Disapproval eyes following people around). 

IvolnAngweTokBakhtuhPeriluna
  • Pretty much sums of everything I feel about the matter. 

• Areka said:
    For a serious answer, Areka would:

A) Just ascend to be a super volcano, and whenever the communities became too irresponsible or wayward, would errupt to start things fresh again.

@areka
    Have you been reading the codex alera?
    Teani
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Nope!
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Toz said:
    Annie bot is the second most terrifying bot.

...I believed she was the worst until I encountered Brand bot. I knew where he went by the sounds of my teammates screaming 'HE DOESN'T MISS. HE DOESN'T MISS'.
    He does miss, just run straight at him instead of away. Well, most of the time. That or randomly off into the bushes or something.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Irruel said:
    Areka said:
    For a serious answer, Areka would:

A) Just ascend to be a super volcano, and whenever the communities became too irresponsible or wayward, would errupt to start things fresh again.

@areka

Areka
    said:
    Nope!
    You really should!

Irruel
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC

MaghakArekaCiarelle
  • edited October 2013

Areka
    said:
    Nope!
    You really should!
    It has powerful and sort of sentient volcanoes.
  • I would be the Faceless god, never showing Myself to mortal or immortal alike, communicating through omens and cryptic, seemingly authorless acts and messages. I would have no congregation or order and none of my followers (if they can be called that in the same sense) would be aware of each other.

Instead I'd busy myself with setting up plots that truly reveal themselves only at their fruition, working toward some inscrutable goal beyond the understanding of anyone else. 

I would aim to slowly paint a pattern with each new 'intervention' that would eventually lead toward a conclusion that would become more and more inevitable as it crystalizes.
    HavenAngwe
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited October 2013
    Hadoryu said:

I would be the Faceless god, never showing Myself to mortal or immortal alike, communicating through omens and cryptic, seemingly authorless acts and messages. I would have no congregation or order and none of my followers (if they can be called that in the same sense) would be aware of each other.

Instead I'd busy myself with setting up plots that truly reveal themselves only at their fruition, working toward some inscrutable goal beyond the understanding of anyone else. 

I would aim to slowly paint a pattern with each new 'intervention' that would eventually lead toward a conclusion that would become more and more inevitable as it crystalizes.
    Get out of my head!

Edit:

I had a similar idea if I had a chance to play Severn. I would have destroyed His physical body (something for daddy dearest I imagine, either way it wouldn't be anything too elaborate if elaborate at all) in favor of making Him this unknown/faceless figure behind the scenes. I'd work hard to instill this "larger than life" vibe for Him. He'd be an idea you couldn't touch or see directly, but if you're keen and knew what to look for, you could, at the very least, catch the signs of His influence and passing in the world. I'd want Him almost forgotten in a sense. If I had to materialize Him for anything, it'd be rare hopefully, I'd do it as a "demonic" possession of sorts (NPCs, objects, animals, maybe even players Thrim style if allowed).

Alternatively, I think it'd be cool to play Lleis, Dhar, Auresae, Damariel, or Chakrasul.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Hadoryu said:
    I would be the Faceless god, never showing Myself to mortal or immortal alike, communicating through omens and cryptic, seemingly authorless acts and messages. I would have no congregation or order and none of my followers (if they can be called that in the same sense) would be aware of each other.

I would be the absolute opposite of this kind of God (no offense!) I would be a God who gave up the heavens, the high-and-mighty, who looked at all his brethren and sistren getting all powerful from their followers and going ugh (or meh) and deciding to live his life in the world among people. He'd wander around, place to place, people to people. He won't ever be able to stay in one place for long enough because god powers would make it apparent to anyone around him that he is more special, more gifted than they are. And sooner or later, evil / good-hearted scheming folk are going to want to use him for their own community-changing reasons. This will dishearten him for a while but not for long, because there is always somewhere else to go and times are always changing and all that. 

Being the god that he is, he will be a force of change wherever he goes (a force of exceptional change when he is drunk, Severn will be busy artificing away his drunken misdemeanours until he decides to go nuclear and artifices away his liver!!!! Major plotline, that will be. Part of the Albedos shift, I'm sure). But it will always be accidental, it will never be something he intended. He won't be the intending type, won't plan his actions or their consequences. So he'll be a vagabond (well, a bum by godly standards, but a nice one. Good-hearted and...reasonably-alright-smelling), a god of purposeless wanderings that makes the world slightly more bearable than it is (when he is sober) but not by a lot. On the bright side, he'll get drunk on all the latest cocktails far sooner than the gods up high...unless they get first tastes. Oh, and he'll totally OWN anyone stupid enough to attack him for lulz if he is in the mood to fight. Could be he'll just sit back and let the other guy whale away at him for a few days and catch a much-needed nap or eat a snack or something. He'll be moody like that.  
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.
    Moirean