Shops and Commodities

13»

Comments

• I was more thinking of it as being part of the auction house. Not all items would work in an auction format, and that's a good thing. Venom/elixirs, for example, keep them in shops. Bulk lots of herbs? Auction them.

Custom clothing designs? Well... here is where:
    1. An auction isn't suitable.
    2. It sucks to try and sell clothes, drinks, food etc (all the aesthetics) without a shop.

I was trying to suggest a way for people to market their custom designs without owning a shop. Not in a way that makes having a shop pointless, but as a stepping stone. Something to do before you can afford that shop.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    The especially entrepreneurial types could already get their custom designs out there without owning a shop- the ADS system is pretty unused, but there have been really great examples of using them to offer a specific range of goods- Sibatti had an honest to god pizza delivery service through it for a while.

Actually, if the ads could be upgraded so you can have pagebreaks in them, they'd be a whooole lot more useful and helpful for that sorta thing. Wonder how hard that'd be to slap a coding band-aid on.

KerrynArekaTeaniMoirean
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Eleanor said:
    Actually, if the ads could be upgraded so you can have pagebreaks in them, they'd be a whooole lot more useful and helpful for that sorta thing. Wonder how hard that'd be to slap a coding band-aid on.
    Not a bad idea whatsoever. I'll get back to you.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Can we get ads to auto renew provided we have gold in a bank too? Or a reminder that they're about to expire a rl day before they poof? I always forget to renew till it's to late.

ArekaAlexina
  • Irruel said:
    I was more thinking of it as being part of the auction house. Not all items would work in an auction format, and that's a good thing. Venom/elixirs, for example, keep them in shops. Bulk lots of herbs? Auction them.

Custom clothing designs? Well... here is where:
    1. An auction isn't suitable.
    2. It sucks to try and sell clothes, drinks, food etc (all the aesthetics) without a shop.
    Aetolian Flea Market, maybe in Delve or some other island off continent. In general, I think it'd be just a cool addition to the ambiance of the game.