LOVE

Comments

• KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    @Ivoln. Pure awesome. Thank you!

IvolnToz
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    You can thank me by keeping your bloody slurry down.
    Kerryn
  • My internet is fixed, so I can finally log in again :D !!!

RivasPerilunaMoireanHaven
  • Love that I will be back in a week :P
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Moirean
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Stormcaller Crag, so much stuff to do and explore!
    Lots of awesome work has been put into an area that I find myself enjoying often.

• I took a break for a few days, a very much needed break. 

During that time, I jumped back on my fitness habits that I've been neglecting like crazy for awhile. Yesterday I finally got past the miserable start and got into my groove and started to get the rawr I can smash all the things energy reward that comes with busting my behind. 

Also, I am apparently eligible for scholarships for owning the GED test (on three hours of sleep) that I had to unexpectedly take to finally start the training for my new job. 

Also, new job. Settled, finally, I start on the 11th. 

Hooray, not being broke anymore. 
    imageimage
    ArekaMarienaAliceHavenAryanneDraiman
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    I can finally get those cookies! I await them eagerly, just say the word!

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Minarael
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Since I'm not currently in school or really challenging myself (partially a reason for my depression, I've come to realize,) I decided to devote myself to a project. First thing I did was download the 2nd edition of Programming in Lua by one Roberto Ierusalimschy. My logic after reading the preface and introduction was that I'd simply look up any unfamiliar terms I came across and read until I understood fully. I got about a paragraph in before I realized how inefficient and tedious this would be.

So, I googled 'free online computer science course' and what did I find but exactly the sort of thing I need! Harvard University offers one here! How nice of them. It's a bit fluffy, but I'm getting the background I need to really understand (and put a name to) the things I've been using for the past year in programs like MUSHClient and Mudlet. Hopefully I'll be able to return to college this winter or next summer armed with a little knowledge, start off a bit ahead of the game.
    MoireanAlicePiper
    Angwe said:
    Since I'm not currently in school or really challenging myself (partially a reason for my depression, I've come to realize,) I decided to devote myself to a project. First thing I did was download the 2nd edition of Programming in Lua by one Roberto Ierusalimschy. My logic after reading the preface and introduction was that I'd simply look up any unfamiliar terms I came across and read until I understood fully. I got about a paragraph in before I realized how inefficient and tedious this would be.

So, I googled 'free online computer science course' and what did I find but exactly the sort of thing I need! Harvard University offers one here! How nice of them. It's a bit fluffy, but I'm getting the background I need to really understand (and put a name to) the things I've been using for the past year in programs like MUSHClient and Mudlet. Hopefully I'll be able to return to college this winter or next summer armed with a little knowledge, start off a bit ahead of the game.
    When I started learning Lua about 3/4 years ago, I had a few people, like the people in the mudlet irc room, to help me out when I stumbled, alongside the main Lua manual and one other site I can't for the life of me recall right now, and it became much easier, but to each their own. If you want to learn languages besides Lua, I will recommend Code Academy, as they have interactive courses teaching Ruby, Javascript, HTML/CSS and some others iirc.

Ingram said:
    Angwe
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited October 2013
    I love that I'll be likely going to Ren Faire Saturday morning. So, anyone down in my area (Charlotte, NC) that might want to meet up - hit me up.

MoireanHavenNeithan
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Silly and dorky, but I love feeling RARRR AWESOME when moments like this happen: 

RARRR!
    PiperXenia
  • Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter is the tits. :D That is all.

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

TokInfin
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Started bashing again and it is soooo slow. Finally caved in and got a chalice + chocolates today:

H:7517 M:9297 E:32571 W:32205 B:100% XP:99% [eb]
    You strike out at a large fire elemental, slashing him with a wicked, crescent-edged polearm, ripping him wide open.
    You have scored a MUTILATING CRITICAL hit!
    Health Gain: 450
    Damage done: 11217, cutting.
    You have dealt 16712 damage to target mob.
    Balance Used: 1.45 seconds
    Spinning a wicked, crescent-edged polearm deftly in your hands, you bring it about for another strike.
    You strike out at a large fire elemental, slashing him with a wicked, crescent-edged polearm, ripping him wide open.
    You have scored a STAGGERING CRITICAL hit!
    Damage done: 1288, cutting.
    You have dealt 18000 damage to target mob.
    Its essence nearly depleted, a large fire elemental draws in on itself before exploding suddenly, throwing you to the ground as your flesh is burnt by the searing flames.
    Health Lost: 1021, fire.
    stick analeptic
    You are afflicted with ablaze.
    The final blow proves too much for a large fire elemental, who expires, pitifully.
    You have slain a large fire elemental.
    You have reached the illustrious level of 157.
    Experience Gained: 15226 (Bashing) [total: 7720]
    Target mob had a total of 18000 health.
    ql

You have scored 4449 critical strikes for this level!
    You have scored 2471 staggering critical for this level strikes!
    You have scored 1413 crushing critical strikes for this level!
    You have scored 806 mutilating critical strikes for this level!
    You have scored 976 annihilating criticals for this level!
    You have scored 10115 total criticals in a total of 18418 attacks for this level!
    Your critical strike rate for this level was 54.92%!

A powerful mastiff picks up the corpse of a large fire elemental in its maw, delivering it to you.
    A rush of energy fills you as you feel ready to deliver a devastating blow upon your next target.
    Balance Used: 1.45 seconds
    Time to recover: 2.89 seconds.

Yay!
    TeaniMoirean
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Love my grandma because she's the coolest grandma ever. Here are a few reasons:

- A few years ago she decided to start a facebook account just so she could get with the times and see what her grandchildren are up to.

- She follows Big Bang Theory on TV cause she thinks it's hilarious (none of her friends even know what it is). Every time I come by she's got something to say about Sheldon being so funny. I haven't even watched the show much myself. She's telling me I should.

- She gets around more than I do in a month (concerts, seminars, lectures, shows, day trips...) and she still has time to relax in her wonderful garden, which is neatly kept since she and my father take turns with the lawn mower still (she basically refuses to let him do all the work).

- She's 82 years old and a few weeks ago she got herself her very first tattoo. It's a beautifully shaded butterfly and it sits on her forearm. She figured the saying "you might regret it when you get older" didn't mean much, all things considered. :D

HavenKerrynSlypheAngweAryanne
  • Your grandma does sound cool. EXCEPT FOR THE BIG BANG THEORY PART.

I will forgive her for her trespasses on that, however. She sounds awesome.
    Teani
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You don't see many 82 yo people watching that kind of show though. She likes humor (loves Monty Python and brought my dad along to see Spamalot)

• I've got the soundtrack to Spamalot. It wasn't that great when I saw it in person.

Big Bang Theory is awesome. But I haven't been able to keep up with it this season due to scheduling conflict with Once Upon A Time in Wonderland.

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Went to Salem, MA with the roomie and my parents today. Was a lot of fun :)
    HavenKaleigh
    Ivoln's signiture.
    FerrikIvoln

Ingram said:
    I had a drink the other day
    Opinions were like kittens
    I was giving them away

-Modest Mouse, Out Of Gas
    Love the haunted house and the new event! Looks awesome and the toys are super fun! I just wish I could toss artifact powers onto them and keep them foreeeeverrrrr. :P
    AliceFerrik
    I just noticed that I hit CR 6. I don't know when it happened or why, but this is the first time in my near-decade of playing Aet that I've gotten to that rank in a city. It feels pretty cool to achieve that finally. :)
    TeaniAryanneDraimanPiperIvolnInfin
  • WHEN I GET HOME MY COMPUTER SHOULD WORK AND I'LL HAVE INTERNET AND OH GOD I'M SO HAPPY WORK CANNOT END FAST ENOUGH YAY YIPEE WHEEE WHOOO CAPS AND STUFF!!!!!!
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

TeaniSlypheAryannePerilunaMoireanIvolnInfin
  • The new instant tattoo arti....I am so going to hit up everyone when they are idling with firefly tattoos if they have empty spaces!!

Infin
  • Piper said:
    Went to Salem, MA with the roomie and my parents today. Was a lot of fun :)
    Salem, MA is honestly the best place to go this time of year. love love love it!
     /wants to go back. 
    Haven
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I love my plans in the making for next month! I have a the RBF and FIF concert on the 5th, then the Doctor Who special in theaters on the 25th, and some other stuffs that will be fun.

• In my very short time here I <3 how sweet the players are. : ) Thanks for being so helpful & understanding everyone.
    Also @Admin - GJ on the Haunted House event! Love the costumes also, very fun and unique.

AarbrokArbreAryanneInfin