If I were a god...

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
Just a silly little topic to play pretend! If you were a god, who/what would you be and why? It could be an existing god, or some god/realm that doesn't exist yet. Feel free to answer as both your player and your character!

Comments

• edited October 2013
    Answering as both: Khepri :)
    Edit: Because I play a very quiet character & someday I want her to growing to become more outgoing and learn to feel - But so far so many moments/ideas have came up where I could initially use her introversion and 'sarcasm' to play a good joke on someone. Or use it to mislead people who cross her because they think she's not going to react to it. (Playing an undead 'doll-like' will turn out to be fun!)

Moirean
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited October 2013
    For my own answers, hmm...

I think from a player standpoint, I'd probably go with something really GOOD. The noble hero is just such a beautiful image - my very first MUD character was a magess who wove light and stoically fought the "good fight" and that sort of role can be really compelling. Moi started out as an attempt to be like that. That kinda got pear-shaped (obviously), but I still find that sort of RP really appealing and would love to be that divine encouraging followers to endure and stay strong and be noble heroes. I suppose the god would be somewhere between Arion and Auresae, with the realm being something like light or virtue, but with a rather soft take on that. Old school paladin-esque, versus today's more common zealot good guy.

Alternatively, I'd go with Chaos and go set up court on the chaos plane and shamelessly rip off ideas from Zelazny's Chronicles of Amber's Courts of Chaos. Build up a bunch of lore about the chaos plane, do awesome stuff with uber versions of domination ents, play around a ton with fluid and shifting descriptions/images/appearances/realities, etc. That would be really fun and easy to retain interest in for a long, long time - although it might be tricky to find a way to make it tenable for mortal followers. Khepri's seething chaos incarnation was pretty horribly unsustainable, but that was by design, so I wouldn't write off chaos just because of that. 

From Moi's standpoint....as much as she loudly mourns Khepri's loss and all that, in the end it's more the initial magic of pleasing and connecting with a divine that she grieves for, versus the divine itself. The whole Imp thing was shaped because of Khepri, versus her following Khepri because she was all Impish, and now that she's older and been around the block order-wise, she's become a bit jaded about the gods. So, not Khepri. Khepri is really just a badge she wears and a role she plays, versus something that really resonates with her these days (though she'll never tell anyone that, it's too associated with who she "is"). 

Moi finds Severn really appealing, especially being back in Spinesreach and having Syssin skills again. She's a schemer and always has admired and idolized him, even when loathing/fearing him. His newest iteration is especially appealing to her - there is still that somewhat sad, broken history to him, but he's also stronger and more forceful these days, in a very cool maturation of who the god used to be, with an element of heroism and even maybe some self-sacrifice (at least, that's how he APPEARS, he is SEVERN, afterall :P). Moi was pretty awestruck at that and - even when he was holding her daughter hostage - definitely had some moments where she thought "That is who I want to be." So, maybe Severn, or something similar to Severn - dark and sneaky, but also a hero in his/her own way.

Alternatively, she'd probably also be drawn to something like old-school Lleis. She's pretty bummed about the shadowplague + pregnancy likely destroying her chance to make more babehs, and she has serious family issues and wants desperately to pop out a whole clan of kids. The whole creating life, maternal, motherhood thing secretly appeals to her really strongly these days, though it would be a weird sort of divine, divorced from the cycle and capital-L Life, and just focused on being loved by her followers and protecting them and helping them grow strong. So some kind of darkish creation god, who'd probably be creating lots of creatures as well - maybe some weird twist on Niuri combined with old-Iosyne.
    AliceIllinian
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    If I was a God, I'd be Laserjesus. Pewpew.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Too late, Varian already claimed that role.
  • Moirean said:
    For my own answers, hmm...

Moi finds Severn really appealing, especially being back in Spinesreach and having Syssin skills again. She's a schemer and always has admired and idolized him, even when loathing/fearing him. His newest iteration is especially appealing to her - there is still that somewhat sad, broken history to him, but he's also stronger and more forceful these days, in a very cool maturation of who the god used to be, with an element of heroism and even maybe some self-sacrifice (at least, that's how he APPEARS, he is SEVERN, afterall :P). Moi was pretty awestruck at that and - even when he was holding her daughter hostage - definitely had some moments where she thought "That is who I want to be." So, maybe Severn, or something similar to Severn - dark and sneaky, but also a hero in his/her own way.

(Oops quoted frong.)
    Alice: I'd really like to learn about Severn next someday IG - that would have been my next IG-God choice but would be weird since I only know "ooOooOOh secrety Severn is secrety!" right now lol Dark + Sneaky is always seeming more fun and charming to dabble in.

• MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    [REDACTED]
    MoireanAlexina
  • If I were a god I'd be Maghak.
    MoireanMaghakIvoln
  • I'd be Slyphe, so I could let myself back into the Order. #neverforget

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanXeniaIllinianInfin
  • edited October 2013
    Crocodile God! I'd be sobeckoning to my followers. I'd go all Oprah with pianos, just a snap of his claws and make it rain oranges. If I don't like you then I'll be deathrolling you to oblivion.
    Hmm one can dream.. one can dream.
    Edit: ( I would totally be neutral. Morefoodthatwayyouknow )

IvolnJensenSlypheIllinianPeriluna
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I'd be Wednesday, the Odin from American Gods
    FerrikMinarael
  • One that can make triptycha tiles..... :/

• IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    I think @Maghak can agree with me here - I'd much rather be one of the Endless than a normal God.
    RivasMaghak
  • I'd want to be Mona from the spinoff of Sandman. Lucifer put her in charge as goddess of hedgehogs. Nothing else, just hedgehogs That was kinda cute.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Ivoln
  • I'd be someone incredibly handsome.

..Oh. Wait.

IvolnSeir
  • I'd be larianomariel so I could be completely batcrap crazy.
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Dask secretly dreams of ascension and taking on the role of Fire and Rage. Me personally? The god of give no unicorns.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Draiman
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited October 2013
    IvolnSlypheMoireanHaernHavenBakhtuhHadoryu
  • Damonicus said:
    One that can make triptycha tiles..... :/
    Never happening.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Random and non-existent in Aetolia....

I would really want to be like an ascended Lycanthrope, god of beasts sort of thing.  The ultimate packleader, with followers of all changeling races.  Feral, Cunning, Savage.....Not good or bad, just instinctual, something aside from the whole Black/White classification in the game.  Neutrality incarnate.  

Just a massive half man half beast who his followers would devoutly idealize and be mortal incarnations of.
    It would put an interesting twist on the followers by opening their eyes to similarities amongst the conflict.  If there was a score to be settled you would settle it.  No whining, no remorse, you act up and embarrass him he would gut you and leave your head upon a pike in his temple reminding you of your failure.  Ultimately a God of Respect for ones self and the gifts given making them a superior race.
    MoireanIvolnIosyne
    That's actually a pretty cool concept.
    Iosyne
  • The god of procrastination.

I will get back to you later with my tenets... maybe!

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Moirean
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Aarbrok said:

I would really want to be like an ascended Lycanthrope, god of beasts sort of thing.  The ultimate packleader, with followers of all changeling races.  Feral, Cunning, Savage.....Not good or bad, just instinctual, something aside from the whole Black/White classification in the game.  Neutrality incarnate.  

Just a massive half man half beast who his followers would devoutly idealize and be mortal incarnations of.
    It would put an interesting twist on the followers by opening their eyes to similarities amongst the conflict.  If there was a score to be settled you would settle it.  No whining, no remorse, you act up and embarrass him he would gut you and leave your head upon a pike in his temple reminding you of your failure.  Ultimately a God of Respect for ones self and the gifts given making them a superior race.
    Clearly we should be adding Soletaken and the Path of Hands to the Mhojave somewhere.
    Aarbrok
  • edited October 2013
    I'd play Haern. I'd play it differently to all of the Haerns we've seen so far, including the first, though the first is the one I'd prefer to be closest to.

Edit for a disclaimer: I'm not saying I don't like the other Haerns, just that of all of them, only two really embraced the 'Wild Hunt' aspect, and the second that did so did it at a time when Aet itself was at an all time low, so his efforts don't count. Poor guy!

Why?

This particular line of RP has been the most interesting to me in the long term. I've had fun with other characters in other places. I particularly enjoyed early Antioch in Imperian, playing out my own version of the character 'Ammar ibn Khairan' from Guy Gavriel Kay's 'The Lions of Al'Rassan' but like all my other characters, I got bored eventually.

So that's why I'd choose Haern: because I know and like the role, and know that I'd more likely to stay interested in the long term.

Having said that, I never want to be a god, regardless. I enjoy the think-tank part of the dev process, and that's all.
    Moirean
  • Maghak said:
    Clearly we should be adding Soletaken and the Path of Hands to the Mhojave somewhere.
    When did you start reading that oh my god
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Sarita would probably want to ascend to some sort of person with enough blood power to break off of Abhorash's bloodline AND deal with him getting mad about it. It wouldn't necessarily have to be a god role, but she'd probably consider people who ended up in her bloodline followers in a sense, and hold them to certain standards that are different than Abhorash's. She'd be less concerned with the general society as a whole (ie. Dominion) and more concerned with things like blood purity. I guess you could call her a zealot, in that sense, complete with a deep passion for seeing things work out exactly the way she wants.

As for me personally, I might like playing around with something invoking different emotions as tenets, maybe some goddess connected to the seasons like Lleis sometimes was, with a different emotion/aspect for each? I agree with Irruel though. I work that's involved behind the scenes as a god here makes me not want to do it anyway.

MoireanAlice
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Aarbrok said:

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hircine
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    For a serious answer, Areka would:

A) Just ascend to be a super volcano, and whenever the communities became too irresponsible or wayward, would errupt to start things fresh again.

B) likely become craftsman/smith of the gods, building them super awesome equipment and occasionally assisting mortals that stood out (no Order precisely) - tempering, honing, quality forged through trial and sweat, helping those who try to help themselves. I suppose this is a bit of a hodgepodge of several of the other gods, but oh well! Shrines would be crucibles. 
    Moirean
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage

Sessizlik would obviously be the Goddess of Gluttons. Muffins for everyone!

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    Why has no one claimed the role of god of vengeance!? 

Works like this, instead of being shrubbed when you get issued so many times for PK prickery. The God of Vengeance shows up, pikes you to the ground and then lets everyone that you've killed over the past 5 game years get a free kill.

People start issuing for crap reasons to try and get free kills? Easy, they get turned into grubs for 24 hours for EVERYONE to get free exps.

Oh, and I'd look like a Annie from LoL. Cute little teddy bear and everything.
    Stathan said:
    Oh, and I'd look like a Annie from LoL. Cute little teddy bear and everything.
    You are pure evil.
    HavenStathan