Elea's Cards - Stuff's been mailed!

EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
edited November 2013 in The Exchange
Okay! I'm making a separate thread for this so I don't trip over myself in the other thread, and so I can keep things organised, a bit, hopefully.

Recently I did a whole stack of pin-ups for chests and whatnot! Many of you guys got one. The big news is, I managed to make a whole 55 of them, so I've got enough for a deck of silly playing cards! I've had them printed in a test-run and I have to say I'm pretty pleased with how it went, so now comes the task of figuring out how you guys can get your hands on some.

I've looked around a bunch of websites and they're pretty much all unsuitable in one way or another- I did find one place which does single-print on-demand copies with a shopfront (so you guys could grab your own) but it was ludicrously slow and spectacularly expensive. Most of the other sites required a minimum print run of 100 or something, so that's no good either.

I have found a site that does small print runs at reasonable prices (and very reasonable speed!), but it's going to be a bit fiddly with the actual money-transferring.

There was a bunch of stuff here which was convoluted and confusing, but I've decided to change tack! Please please please if you are interested, read carefully.

UPDATE

So things are looking good for Areka organising the American lot into one bigger order which will cut down greatly on shipping and logistics!

Also, I do not know how long a large print run will take to get done, so the deadline for this will be (at the LATEST) the first of NOVEMBER (so that it'll all be done before christmas), but it'd be great if it could get wrapped up even sooner.

I WANT ONE, WHAT DO I DO

IF YOU ARE AMERICAN OR LIVE NEARBY AMERICA:
Please get in contact with Areka. She is coordinating the distribution of decks in America because it will make things a whole lot easier and cheaper in terms of shipping. It will also possibly open up some different payment options, because you could possibly post her bills in the mail or whatever instead of just paypal as I was requiring.

IF YOU ARE FROM SOMEWHERE ELSE IN THE WORLD:
Unfortunately you're still dealing directly with me (unless you want to go through Areka as well, which I guess could work!) which will probably end up being a bit expensive. Please get in contact with a forum message or post, and we can sort out shipping and payment- but please note, Paypal is pretty essential to getting a deck through me.

READ THIS IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING A PIN-UP DECK.

*The base price for the deck is $15. This does not include shipping from the company, or from my place or Areka's if that is the method you're going with.

*You will have to cover the shipping as well- if you are going through Areka this will probably be not very much at all. Please talk to her in regard to this.

SOME SUNDRY QUESTIONS AND POINTS

1: OMG! I missed out/can't buy right now, what do?!
-There will probably be a chance to get more later.

2: CAN I ORDER MORE THAN ONE
-You sure can.

3: I have a suggestion for an alternative way to handle this!
-I'm all ears, I really want to make this as accessible as possible for everyone.

4: Did you try kickstarter?
-Crossed my mind, but they don't allow Australians to play.

5: I can't paypal! What do!
-I'm hoping that there might be some community goodness that goes on in this regard- if you can't paypal, maybe see if there's someone who can, who is willing to trade you credits or do a money-order in your country or something.

6: I'm Australian, can I send you money another way?
-Yeah, we can talk that out.

I'M HERE TO SEE WHAT THEY LOOK LIKE

Alright, here's the screencaps. Thank you to the little birdy who pointed out that the preview derped and has Haern's name on Auresae- this is fixed for the actual real cards.
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

DISCLAIMER: Before anyone has a fit/gets confused/etc. The cards are divided into "Darkies in spades/clubs" and "Lighties in hearts/diamonds". The split wasn't even enough for me to do it into cities. Also, I did not get deep and meaningful with who went where, re: card meanings or anything like that, I just plonked people down in the suits. The face cards are at least mildly planned (but pretty much just for gender) but that is all. Your number in the deck is not how good or bad I think you are.

SetneSolariaEzalorXeniaTrigruSessizlikBakhtuhInfinAryanne

Comments

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    And I'm just gonna reserve a post in case I need it for housekeeping.

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited September 2013
    ME. 

Edit: I can coordinate with Americans if need be!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I'm in for one deck. I'm in the US, and would be willing to go in with other people to get lowered shipping.
  • I want one, even though I'm not in them. American/in the US as well, but I won't have my bank account active again until Thursday at the latest.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    I want to! But, I'll have to see if I get anything money-wise for my birthday on Thursday. Otherwise, I just won't have the funds right now.

• I want to buy one! 

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I'd also be up for some cards.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    I WANT ONE! I can pay on the 13th.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I get paid on the 19th, but I would definitely want one.
  • I can't believe you didn't put Moirean in as one of the jokers.
  • I only have $6 on my paypal and no way to get more Money on there. :/ If I do though, I'll save up for the next time!
  • Count me in.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

• It'll be awhile until I can spare $30 but I'll go in on an order if I can save on US shipping with someone.
    edited September 2013
    Looks like 10 'muricans looking for 10 card packs - if you're all up for coordinating, can have Elea send them to me and I can send them out from here, to cut down on shipping costs. 

Edit: If you're up to coordinating with me, PM me your mailing address. 
    Incidentally, if more than 10 people want to go in with Areka and organise it that way, I can print more. The 10-deck limit was to try and keep logistics manageable for me, but if it's happening that way I don't see a reason to cap it.

• Oh man, I so wish I could get a deck but I'm so tapped on monies right now. The deck looks so freaking awesome, Eleanor. I hope you will put out more than the 10 later on so I can try to get one at some point.
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    How much are we looking at the decks costing with a single US shipping source and individual shipping within the US from there? 

My boyfriend is going to buy me a pack, so include me on the list!
    2.50 for the deck
    3.00 for a split in the 30 dollar charge from US to America
    3.00ish bucks for in-states mailing of a 3.3oz padded envelop package, non-express. 

Totalling: 8.50, Rounding up, 10 bucks. 
  • $2.50 is the shipping, the actual decks are $15 apiece. Unless I read it wrong.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

Ah, yes, I was just looking at the transportation bits. 
    edited September 2013
    Yeah, if people go in with Areka I'm going to need $15 per deck, and once the total number of people asking is figured out I'll calculate the postage to Areka and the people participating will want to split the shipping from the printers evenly and then pay Areka extra for shipping to their individual houses (which I can't calculate for you guys!)

Edit:
    To try and make this clearer.

Deck price: $15 each
    Printers-to-Areka: Probably around $25, and would be divided up between everyone (so if 10 people ask, that's $2.50)

Then, Areka needs to figure out what to charge the people wanting to buy for shipping from her place, plus whatever postage satchels she's gonna put them in for you guys. If it was australia-to-australia then $6 would probably cover it, got no idea what it'd be in america.

So, people wanting to go in with Areka are looking at paying
    $15 + ($25 / total people ordering) + $shipping from Areka.

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Does the roughly $25 for shipping from you to Areka factor in the fact that lots of decks are going to weigh more?
    That's the quote for 10 decks. It'll go up if areka finds more people, but it'll spread the cost further as well.

• edited September 2013
    Flat rate first class postage in the US,. Boxes are free at any post office or they deliver, most Areka would need to buy is maybe some bubble wrap to protect the deck and for her kitty to go nuts with.  Small flat rate priority shipping about 5.60 us.  Tracking number add 1.20. 

So ballpark 25 bucks per person.  I used to work for a UPS Store so this is my bag baby. lol

Xenia
  • The cards look amazing, Elea! I'm definitely interested in getting a deck through the US shipping stuff that's getting worked out.
    I've got two folk coordinating with me so far - shoot me a PM or email (areka.morrog@gmail.com) with your address (and any preferences for mailing - if you want a shipping number or not, box or if padded envelope's fine, etc), so we can iron things out with Elea. 
    Alright, boys and girls, I have updated things and hopefully it's all a lot easier to understand and deal with! Please take note of the updated details and if you're interested in getting a deck, get in touch with either myself or Areka right away!

Also I may send a message to everyone who had a pinup just to make sure everyone knows there is a deck of them available.

Thanks!

edited October 2013
    Bumping this to remind people that the cut-off date is going to be the start of NOVEMBER. If you are wanting to get a pack of cards through Areka, please work on getting your money together. I've talked it over with Areka, and it's looking like it will go this way:

-You paypal the cost of however many decks you want to me ($15 each) plus shipping ($2.50 per person)
    -I will get all the decks sent to Areka.
    -You then negotiate shipping with her.

So, at the moment, Paypal is required to do this, sorry to people who will find that difficult! If you want one but can't paypal, try posting in this thread asking if someone who does have paypal can figure something out with you.

Thanks everyone!

Zaephlyn
    Okay guys, another update. Important things!

1: Small change to the deck lineup. I have been told that Sotir hates theirs and wants it pulled, so that card will be replaced with Orak instead.

2: Now is the time to paypal me if you want a deck. The paypal you guys will need is eleanor.thespecial at gmail dot com and I request that you put your character name in the comment so I know whose truename I'm looking at!

3: The amount you will have to pay me is $15 per deck you want, plus one payment of $2.50 for my leg of the shipping (no matter how many decks you are getting).

4: The cutoff date is the 1st of November, but I would really prefer you get your order in before that! The sooner we can get this moving the better. When I got the test run it was printed overnight, but I don't know if they will be as fast with a larger order.

5: If you can't paypal, now is the time to perhaps arrange some kind of trade with someone who can!

Send me a PM if you have any questions!

Ivoln
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yay Orak! Imma put his card next to Moi's card and make them hug. :D
    AarbrokIvolnZaephlyn