Short Questions

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Yeah I've killed him 7 or 8 times with no line. I check back a couple times every month just to see if the bug was resolved :D.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

Anyone remember what the old Paladin crest/emblem/motif or whatever you want to call it was? The earlier it dates back in Aetolian history the better. Or maybe point me to some source material to read through?

Also, does anyone remember any Bloodlochian history from when Zephy, Inaeternum, and others were around? What was going on in the world? That sort of thing. I'm reading through event and public posts as best as I can and well... >_> They're not all terribly helpful or easy to read. Any assistance is appreciated!

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    The Paladin crest is a pair of crossed scimitars, rendered in blue. (azure, if you wanna get all fanciful)
  • Haven said:

Anyone remember what the old Paladin crest/emblem/motif or whatever you want to call it was? The earlier it dates back in Aetolian history the better. Or maybe point me to some source material to read through?

Also, does anyone remember any Bloodlochian history from when Zephy, Inaeternum, and others were around? What was going on in the world? That sort of thing. I'm reading through event and public posts as best as I can and well... >_> They're not all terribly helpful or easy to read. Any assistance is appreciated!

I was around for some of that, just hit me up.

Can you customize the ylem gauntlets and goggles?
    Haven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yep. Customized mine!
  • Can you customize the non-decaying ones?
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    I think that's the point. Why would you spend coins/tokens on something that's just going to decay?
    Yeah, the non-decaying ones are the only ones you can customize. Can't put artifact powers on the normal ones.
  • I would like to ask, if let's say someone buys a level 1 rune of empowerment and subsequently wants to upgrade it to level 2 or 3, does it have to be traded in for 2/3 price and buy the level 2 or can it be upgraded just for the difference in cost? I.e is artie upgrading available?
  • @Denser: You just pay the difference between lvl 1 and lvl 2.

Denser
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited October 2013
    @denser HELP ARTIFACT PURCHASES gives you the commands...but this is the command you would use..

BUY ARTIFACT POWER (power) FOR (artifact) LEVEL (level)

In this case you would use 2 or 3 for the level you want
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Denser
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Denser said:
    I would like to ask, if let's say someone buys a level 1 rune of empowerment and subsequently wants to upgrade it to level 2 or 3, does it have to be traded in for 2/3 price and buy the level 2 or can it be upgraded just for the difference in cost? I.e is artie upgrading available?

Just pay the upgrade price now.

I don't even want to think about how many credits I lost having to do the tradein\buy routine original Varian made us do.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Denser
    @Daskalos I am with you on that!  So many credits lost!!  *cry*
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Which skill is used to create bandages, poultices and syringes? Also is ink only able to be made by crushing rocks?
    Bandages is Tailoring
    Poultices is Reanimation
    Syringes is Jewelcrafting

and Inks can only be created by harvesting then crushing rocks which both are racial skills
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Denser
    I stocked the bandages. :P
    Denser
  • I have a Health/Moss question.

What is the % of health/mana recovery when healing? Is it 15-20% for elixir and something like 5-10% for Moss?

'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Moss is a straight 10%. Elixir is a base+% formula I've never taken the time to figure out.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• While this is sort of a coding question I figured I'd post it here as it isn't really pertaining to coding within Aetolia.

I notice Lanira was able to code a system using the MD-Core as the Systems 'spine'. What kind of coding is used there? Is it C++? Or something else?

Also, I'd figure there has to be some sort of downloadable content in order to actually code something to be used with the MD-Core... Any ideas what that might be? I wouldn't mind taking the System I've coded and seeing if I can add it to Md-Core since I'm using it all the time anyways. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  • Citadel is coded in something of a mishmash of LUA and C+. The only thing you need to code a module for Mudbot is the knowledge of how to code a module for mudbot, Xon and Lanira are your best bets for figuring that out.
  • Missari said:
    Citadel is coded in something of a mishmash of LUA and C+. The only thing you need to code a module for Mudbot is the knowledge of how to code a module for mudbot, Xon and Lanira are your best bets for figuring that out.
    I had a feeling it was just a mash of things, but wasn't too sure. I know Mudbot runs off .dll things. So I'm assuming if I can figure out how to make a .dll then I should be good. I hope... Lol. But I'll see if I can't get a hold of either for questions.
  • Well I message both, and haven't heard back from either. I'm sure they are busy with their own lives, in other news I figured out how to make the correct things for a new module and I'm starting my new module system now. Thanks for the help anyways!
  • Didn't Ezrax have a system built using luabot at some point?
    Mastema
  • Distinict possibility. @ezrax. Chime in.
  • Yes I was. And it was GLORIOUS. I miss that work-in-progress system.

Maybe I'll redux it if interest is great enough.
    Alice
    @Kikon made one, I know that.

I bought the source code for my Lusty mudbot system so I could tweak stuff and that was in C (I think), but there might have been more stuff involved in putting it all together. I think he (it was a teradrim, name started with M) modified whyte's Imperian curing system and just updated it for the various other IRE games.
  • @kikon also made another module for mudbot (not for curing) from scratch. He'd be a good one to heckle, if Ezrax can't help you.
  • What's the name of that token thingy which gives a discount on artifacts? Also, what discount does it give?
  • 'a token of discount', 33%

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Can they be 'gifted'? I think I have two now, I doubt I'll ever use them.