MAD 2: MADDEN'S MADDENING.

Comments

• EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    The VISA Debit cards suck. Mine doesn't even work half the time (and never works online).
  • I wish mine didn't work online. Toz would be unartied, and I'd have tons of free cash to spend. :(

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

JensenDaskalosXenia
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Poor Toz is poor
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    To be honest I have never had a need to rent a car before, so its been a learning experience already!  

Can I get extra XP in game for this?!?!???  lol  worth a try in asking right??  LOL
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    That feeling when, at 3 in the morning you clutch your stomach, thinking you ate something that didn't agree with you then just unload...and it's basically nothing but blood. 

Spent 8 hours in the ER this past Saturday hooked up to IV's with pain killers and fluids because the doctor believes I have at least one, possibly two bleeding ulcers. Thankfully they weren't perferrated so I didn't have to get cut open, but the meds making me sleep all the bloody time blows.

So to anyone waiting on something out of me IC (Response to @Areka and @Dhar's task) I'll be getting to it when the slightest bit of stress doesn't send me into washing waves of agony. 
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Oof, yeah take care of yourself. Don't rush, hope you feel better!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    In two days my mother has managed to push me past two of the steps of this process so, assuming there's no cancellations and they move my appointment up, I should be starting the ECT in about two weeks.  I know it'll make me feel better, but I'm -terrified-.  I just want it to be over.  Tomorrow morning I go to watch some video, I assume about the process, I don't know.  I've just been showing up where I'm told to be at this juncture.

I keep trying to do stuff to justify my sleeping all the time and no one will let me either.  My boss told me she "wasn't giving up on me yet" even though I haven't been to work in like two weeks, and my teacher talked me out of dropping her class saying she knows what's going on and she'll work with me.

I don't have a journal or many friends, so the rage thread gets my updates.  I'm scared, Aetolia.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Arbre: We're here for you, don't worry. It's a big step to actually just go where you're told at times. Like when you feel you've actually accomplished something huge by walking over to the building next to your house and touched its walls before going back inside to stay there for the rest of the day, in bed staring at the wall or sleeping.

It's awesome that you have the support and understanding from both work and school. I repeat, we're here for you.

Jasline
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    Speaking from personal experience Arbre, it's not as bad as it sounds anymore. It used to cause extreme pain and discomfort, but thanks to technology it's really not that bad. 2 bouts with it myself and I feel asleep one time.
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    edited October 2013
    Google+ merged with my youtube channel and now i have lost -all- my subrscriptions, -all- my favorite videos and -all- my own videos. I am in a slight panic. If anyone knows how to fix this, please, please, please, pm me asap. Edit: I found out, after logging out, that I have Three different accounts linked to my youtube now, I just needed to find the right one. But still, if anyone knows how to remove the other stuff so I won't get confused in the future, let me know.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Quick update about my pain status. In my attempts to get this one broken tooth fixed, after five years of neglect, I've had to had one botched root canal that got cancelled halfway through when he ran out of time. Ended up being afraid to go back to the same guy and switched to a more pleasant one. A second root canal that lasted three hours because my roots are ridiculously long, curved, and practically braided together.. then halfway through THIS guy tells me that my gums are too large for  crown to be fitted so I have to have an extra procedure to basically peel them back. Yay!

I had that done last friday and it's still super painful. Doesn't help that my job has me talking so the stitches site is constantly sore from being aggravated. Next up, the (hopefully) last part of this process.. getting a crown.

This freaking tooth has, so far, costed me about $2,000. :/
  • We've been working like mad men this last week. I hit 40 hours in three days. Downside to this is getting home at 10-11pm and waking up at 4 am. Last night though, I had another coughing fit and my allergies kicked in full force and I spent about 2 hours coughing up the nastiest green crap ever. I didn't get to sleep till around 2. So now I have another 15-16 hour day with only 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Fml.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Piper said:
    Quick update about my pain status. In my attempts to get this one broken tooth fixed, after five years of neglect, I've had to had one botched root canal that got cancelled halfway through when he ran out of time. Ended up being afraid to go back to the same guy and switched to a more pleasant one. A second root canal that lasted three hours because my roots are ridiculously long, curved, and practically braided together.. then halfway through THIS guy tells me that my gums are too large for  crown to be fitted so I have to have an extra procedure to basically peel them back. Yay!

I had that done last friday and it's still super painful. Doesn't help that my job has me talking so the stitches site is constantly sore from being aggravated. Next up, the (hopefully) last part of this process.. getting a crown.

I feel your pain, had a root canal last week. Crown in 2 weeks and when all is done I'll be at around 1k.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Piper
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Piper said:

Speaking from experience, do NOT wait to get the crown put on after the root canal. The tooth is incredibly fragile. I got a root canal once and was trying to save up for the crown and then when I finally had the $$ for it, they told me it was too late. If I had known, I would have put it on my credit card.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Problem was that there wasn't any tooth to put the crown on. I had to get it pulled back in order to get enough stuff to affix the crown to. Thankfully, the dentist that I switched to put me on a payment plan that INCLUDED the crown...so I'm getting it all as part of the deal. It's the healing process that's a bugger :(

The biggest issue is work telling me 'no, that day doesn't work.' Luckily, I'm at the point where I've been marching up to the doctors that I work with and telling them that it has to happen. Something to be said with stating that no job is worth losing body parts over, right?
  • Calc test tomorrow - my rage is triangles. Unicornsing ninety degree angles and the like...

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• edited October 2013
    This is #firstworldproblems as hell, but I got into the Dark Souls II beta. I saw I had an invite from Namco roughly three hours after I received my e-mail and practically danced for joy in front of my TV as I put the code. Oh, oh wait. It's already been used!--because Namco Bandai mass issued more than 5,000 keys all with the same numbers and letters. It's just a three hour stress test, but I don't care. I want to Dark Souls II. :( I just need this in my life.

Work is depressing the hell out of me with all the cuts and doom-and-gloom scenarios, so I need some well-deserved masochism in my life.

Jensen
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Speaking of Dark Souls, I just the game for the first time ever.

I felt really cool until I read about the guy I just killed. I'm a monster. :(
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    10 Years of "Friendship"
    4   Years of living together....

You think you know people, but then you realize their addiction to pain killers and adderall is a far worse thing than you ever considered, due to numerous surgeries and pain you always accepted it as part of thier life...

Until it effects you.

I now am homeless, most of my belongings destroyed, and attempting to scramble what I have left to get me back home to Oregon and my family.  I am sorry if I am intermittently around, I hopefully will be stable soon, but right now, its all a bit up in the air, I will log in when I can just to "escape" a bit, but I hope various aides, as well as other things I am part of carry on.  Right now I gotta maintain focus to get out of what has been the most violent, horrible experience of my entire life. Im still working at my job, smelly unwashed clothes but...working nonetheless.  I spoke to Human Resources and may be able to transfer my position to a store up in Portland.

Please, if you know someone who takes narcotics for pain management, or if you have yourself....be careful, they create monsters after prolonged use.

I love you Aetolians, thanks for being there to hear me vent, or deal with my breakdowns, you all are awesome and have been there for me through hard times, this will likely be the hardest.
  • Be safe.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    PiperPerilunaSetneAryanneHavenSlyphe
    UPDATE: Have a roof over my head til the end of the month now.  Work is preparing a transfer for me back to Portland on the 19th I will be buying my ticket to get back home, to the rain, to my people.  Its been a hard week, but thanks to social networking and old bottled up karma from good deeds long past, I have at least comfort for the time being during this transition phase of getting things back on track.

Thanks to those who gave me kind words of support, gotta stay positive.
    RemakIvolnPerilunaMinaraelMastemaStathan
  • -It's hard for me to find a job here. It has now been three months and I haven't found a damn thing. 

-I dislike my school. There seems to be no intellectual community AT ALL and the social work programs here are lolzy. The social work program here tried to say that health care wasn't a social problem. 

-I dislike redneck land. There were things I didn't like about Vermont, but I didn't feel so exasperated and violent. Heh. 

-My partner is as, if not more, unhappy than I am and we're so unbelievably stuck that forming a plan is a stretch. If we move anywhere else, he loses his support network. The other college I would want to go to is in Louisville, they have a debate team that competes against Vermont and Louisville is a bigger city so I might be able to get a job there. Collin wants to change jobs as well and I think we would have a lot of opportunity. The main problem is, though, that he would be unable to see his family. If we stay where we are, our options are an 1+ away to work in big cities. I've thought about transferring back to Vermont and taking Collin with me but the main concern is money. So :/

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

Val, as someone who is picking up everything and making big change in my life right now.

There will always be struggle, but if there is prospect of greater reward, then no measure of blood, sweat or tears matters, because you know that when you do accomplish what you desire it will all be worth it.  Sometimes it takes the worst situations to find our best inside ourselves.  Money albeit necessary is not everything, if you want it bad enough you will find a way.

You can always vent to me if you wanna too, I am good for it, Gods knows Collin has heard my rants over the years.  You have support though morally always.  Like I just said to some others, when life hits you like a sack of bricks, start laying the foundation to something that is yours, and yours alone, in time the frame and roof will come and comfort will follow.

LOTS OF HUGS!
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA

I really wish I knew a way to fix this.
    Aryanne
    Thats what happens when you target Mazzion....

IvolnIosyneEzraxPeriluna
  • edited October 2013
    Everytime I go into a ranked game, and I'm all like water you want me to play? And they all say GO SUPPORT, and I beez all like you shore? So I go Nami, and the ADC doesn't undersand how Nami support works. Then the mid and top lane are like 0/4 and the game is just a complete wash. Why do merpeople than not just hate playing support? It's not that hard. Just provide safe harbor to the ADC. 
    Esper
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    I should ban you for that.
    Setne
  • edited October 2013
    You shore? Shell I stop?
    AryanneEzalor
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    No reason to ban him! He didn't use any salty language.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    EsperAryanneEzalor
  • WHAT IS HAPPENING IN THIS THREAD
    Valenae