Post your Screen!

Comments

• Saybre said:
    This is on my laptop (my bigger of my laptops). On my desktop I have a bit more freedom with my 23" dual screens. Wish there was a way to make buttons less..boxy in CMUD and be able to do the pretty stuff you can do in Mudlet and whatnot. But Lua be damned!

Got your back! - Slyphe
    I'd be tempted to stick that floating window you have, called 'Parry and Offensive control' onto a tablet screen (easy enough to extend your desktop onto a android or apple tablet) and use it like a console controller, sitting back in your seat a bit.

I tried to make something like that with mudlet, but my screen res, the tablet screen res, a limitation of mudlet and (most of all) a limitation of OSx all combined into one big NO.
  • edited October 2013
    imageimageMoirean said:
    Irruel said:
    @moirean
    I've been doing a touch screen ui and placing it over the top of the main text output. The buttons being large and transparent enough that I can read the main text through them. So far I've got a limb display mode and a direction/compass display mode (to make it easier to shoot, trap, drag, and in general fight in more than a single room). Also a 'none' mode because even as transparent as it is, it gets a bit annoying.
    I'd love to see some screenshots of this.

Why are our forums so... crap? I'll figure out posting images soon, and fix this up. http://postimg.org/image/8pfybcdhv/

Edit: Or maybe I won't. We don't even have a post preview button, the image insert button doesn't work, and I've pasted every  supplied bit of forum or html code supplied by the image hosting site, and none of it does anything. And, we don't even have a post preview button, so it all has to be tested live, with 'edit post'?

Anyway, Whatever. The image I linked to is just to show how translucent labels on top of the main text output look, for Moirean to see. I'll post a completed UI later on. Obviously (is it?) this is built on top of the stock Tripwire UI, which I later want to modify a bit as well but who knows if I'll ever get around to that.

To get an image you just have to right click, pick 'copy image URL' and then paste that into the 'insert image' button! - Slyphe
    Moirean
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Katszia
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    @Iosyne I LOVE those icons with different information....  and I so know where your map is!  saw it already!  but I wont say where!  hehe
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Ivoln Where do you get your buttons from? I guess you make the 'text' part but the pictures of them?

• IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    edited October 2013
    Azton said:
    Ivoln Where do you get your buttons from? I guess you make the 'text' part but the pictures of them?

They're created and placed on my screen by a complex algorithm that, if I were to summarize, basically determines which sorts of actions are suitable to whatever work I'm doing. For example, if I'm on the Plane of Creation, it knows I'll probably need mapping and building tools. If I'm in the wilderness it populates with one of the many Bear Interaction modules.

The Albedos Release Timeline is a simplistic label, just a grey panel with a text display. The timer is fed by a secret internal process, but don't worry, it's almost up!
  • You mean !Amika, right?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• Ivoln said:
    Azton said:
    Ivoln Where do you get your buttons from? I guess you make the 'text' part but the pictures of them?

They're created and placed on my screen by a complex algorithm that, if I were to summarize, basically determines which sorts of actions are suitable to whatever work I'm doing. For example, if I'm on the Plane of Creation, it knows I'll probably need mapping and building tools. If I'm in the wilderness it populates with one of the many Bear Interaction modules.

The Albedos Release Timeline is a simplistic label, just a grey panel with a text display. The timer is fed by a secret internal process, but don't worry, it's almost up!
    Oh I was just interested in the images.. :P  Been looking online for some cool image/buttons for my system and cant find none I really like only the black and white ones I found/redesigned.... lol

• @Azton they are the icons from WoW.

Ivoln
    Azton said:
    Ivoln said:
    Azton said:

Oh I was just interested in the images.. :P  Been looking online for some cool image/buttons for my system and cant find none I really like only the black and white ones I found/redesigned.... lol
    You can download the guildwars icon images somewhere as well. I like them better than the wow ones, and used a bunch in a gui for Lith, in the brief time I played there.
    dat feel when a troll attempt backfires. Yeah, I just searched for "WoW icons".
    Mastema
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Ivoln said:
    Some of those buttons remind me of the Lonely Island song.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    ArbreBelgarion
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Haern said:
    Complete lack of anime anything shows this as a lie!

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    When I first saw Haern's screen, before I zoomed in, I thought the shot of Parks&Rec was supposed to be a replacement for Haern's Aetolia output. I totally was like, Haern as Ron Swanson? Yeah, that seems legit.
  • Moirean said:
    Haern as Ron Swanson? Yeah, that seems legit.

Xenia
  • @Macavity: My screen is not safe for work or sanity.

i am rapture coder
    MacavityKatszia
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    @Ivoln forgot to post his auto-BBT Ison and Mazzion buttons...
    OmeiSlypheDamonicusOleisPiperIosyne
    :|
    PiperEzalor
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
  • Daft Punk as the Illusive men!  :-O

It is so beautiful and grand... I must have this.

(Carry on thread. Carry on.)

• MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    I dislike clutter.

Haven
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    IvolnPeriluna
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Organ Trail!
    Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    @Iosyne Ilu. Seriously though, I adore the art from Organ Trail, haha!
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    edited November 2013

Spent some time tonight redoing my gui  some... redid the buttons to make life a bit friendlier, don't think I had the alerts window running last time I posted, and added the Vitals window which is 100% gmcp data driven.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Should probably add the file

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Moirean
  • edited November 2013
    I thought I'd join in for fun.

This has been my desktop for a long time now. Love me some Dota 2 ladies.

My client is still a bit of a babby, but I'm starting to work on a GUI for it. I've been building this mostly from examples on the MUSHclient forums, so I'm not 100% familiar with everything just yet, but it'll look pretty in time.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oh god, that font.
    Arbre