What would you do..

DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
edited August 2013 in OOC Chat
If you were without internet for a month. No cable, no TV. The few movies you have on your PC you've already watched multiple times in the first 2 weeks, and it's to the point where you wake up mumbling the rules of fight club. You have no gas to go anywhere except work. You cut off all ties with the people you use to know in the town after their second or third appearance in Jail Birds. You've read every book you own multiple times already, and the thought of reading one of them again so soon makes your head spin. You have no money to do anything with until the end of the month. The only game on your PC that doesn't require you to be online is Skyrim, and you've already dumped 300+ hours into it and made every character ever. Your only lifeline is your phone.

What do you do? XD

Edit: This was suppose to be in OOC chat if a Mod could help me out here. XD
"You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Comments

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    I would end up looking like Jessie Ventura after a month. Work out time, baby!
    Macavity
  • IosyneIosyne the Lair
    I would actually probably finish the novel I've been working on forever.
    LinTeani
  • I'd have a few months of withdraw, where I'd pretend I could teach myself how to make internet just HAPPEN. Then start walking a lot, enjoying nature. Get new friends, get a second job, make more money so I can go out and have more fun with my non-convict-friends. Even if I didn't actually GET a new job, I'd at least feel productive pretending I could. If I didn't have a yard, I'd start hording pets.
    Oh God. I'd have so many cats. Well cared for, well fed pets, because what the hell ELSE will I spend my time fussing over? And small caged things. Maaaaany small cages.
    And plants. So many indoor plants.

Periluna
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Prob'ly immerse myself in my long-neglected martial-arts training, yoga and exorcise. The town I live in is an Appalachian hellhole, but I live close enough to the Blue Ridge Trail to reach it in maybe an hour or two's walking, so there's that.

And there's always sweet, sweet alcohol.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited August 2013
    I would likely get back into my crafting and IRL tailoring, jewelry making, baking....I really am a damn good housewife.

:D

That and probably go start doing yoga like I have put off for such a long time.  I miss Tai Chi as well.
    Infin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Smoke pot, never wear clothing, make art. In that order.
    AarbrokInfin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I can't afford REAL books, so I read every free Kindle book I can get my hands on.  This is, of course, assuming you have a Kindle.
  • I'd probably get back into writing and judo. And gardening!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    I hear there is this thing called a library...

You can get your internet fix there, btw, pretty much every library has public access internet. I spent a ton of my childhood in the library, and it really is a nice option if you are broke with no amenities - aside from books, you can rent VHS/DVD/CDs, use internet, chill and read magazines and even attend various events like art shows or lectures or discussion groups if your library hosts any.

OR you can be sketch like I was in my student days and use the trial periods of internet providers for piecemeal internet. I have no idea if something like that is viable these days. 
    SetneAryanne
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    I'd probably work on my art using markers, paints, and legit paper. I'd also spend a lot of time in the kitchen learning to cook new things. Get back into learning how to sew. Practice my belly dancing some more.

Lin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    What Moi said, there's 5 libraries I can walk to, 10, 20, 40, ??, ~60 minutes respectively. While I can't use the comps due to... issues, I can still read all the various books they have available. I'd also end up playing a lot of chess against the computer.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Aryanne
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Library, actually get around to painting my bathroom and my other 'fix-its' I haven't quite gotten to yet. I'd probably be much more productive. And slightly neurotic. 
    Aryanne
  • In my scenario, I was assuming there was nothing in reasonable walking distance and no internet available ANYWHERE. Like, the internet just broke.

Also. I didn't realize he said it was only a month :P. /me makes it a year for added drama

edited August 2013
    Heh, if we're talking about we would do PERSONALLY, I'd probably just hang out with my boyfriend, play lots of D&D and board games, get a lot of writing done, and and bang a lot. I assume that Draiman wants ideas, though, for himself, and I don't want Draiman banging my boyfriend, so!
    Aryanne
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    I don't want to bang your boyfriend either. Glad we're on the same page.

IosynePeriluna
    Pfft. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt.
    Riluo
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    FAMILY!!   I am VERY close to them and they would come visit me or pick me up, take me out and do stuff with!  yay!  

But also on times they would not come up to visit, working out sounds awesome like others have said here, I am sure I would get so bored I would actually finally do that!  hmmm  maybe I should think about that now?  heh

Also if I had no net connect I would code my own game online and see if I can beat it, and when I do, I would make it harder and harder!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Angwe
  • Xarian said:
    What in the goddamn hell Xarian
    LinDraimanSetneAryanneEzalorKikon
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Here I was going to talk about banging Moireans man...but now I want to be Energy Masturbated.
  • ...the hell?

I would read. ALL THE BOOKS. And write. Since this is my outlet for writing, MUDS. So..probably be more productive.
    Piper
  • edited August 2013
    Read. Write. Walk more. Take pictures of the beautiful things around me. Get better at drawing/digital painting. Talk to friends I neglect because I'm kind of anti-social when given distractions. Force people to play board games with me. 

Edit - Reading is always an option because there's a lot of free e-books about. I can read on my phone pretty well. Amazon Kindle app is free. I guess board games aren't an option if you have nobody local to kick around with. 
    imageimage
    Aryanne
  • Furious. Masturbation.

Aarbrok
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I was under the assumption that you would have no internet access at all, anywhere, so no chance of getting connected to get hold of ebooks and such things.

Outside of studying, I'd try to finish that novel I've had on my drawer for a long time, try to get a social life, walk more and write letters to people, you know, like we used to do before teh internet made it possible to send emails.

Aryanne
  • It also appears to be planned, so you can load up ebooks in advance. 
    imageimage
  • I wouldn't care. I'm too busy working to be on teh internets these days.

It'd suck not having it on my phone though, I chat on Skype with people on it. You'd need to part me from my smartphone with a circular saw these days.
  • I would get very fit walking 3 miles to the gym. coincidentally, it's next to my job. Does it count if I use the work-gas to the same plaza?

If my mom and dad don't hear from me once every 8 days, my sister emails my friends to see if they heard from me...so I might cheat and use computer to send "Hi, I'm still alive emails!" three times in said month. XD

Other than that. Books. Kindle. Nap. Walk. Same thing I did all last year when I was new to Maine, didn't know anyone, couldn't walk anywhere safely but the gardening store, and wasn't on Aetolia. :D

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • I have....survived. I've coded small amounts, borrowed a few movies, and slept or drank way more than I should of (not like binge drinking). I figure I'll have net sometime Soon ™