WoW

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Gideon Emery would be a murlok in real life.

Hrglbrgl.
  • If you guys need a voice chat server, I made an attempt at creating a Gaming Community this past year, and I have a free Teamspeak server set up on the web host that I've used for various purposes. It has 512 slots. Let me know if you're interested, and I'll post the info.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Interested!
  • Mkay. It uses the default port, so you don't need to specify one.

The address is darknovagaming.org, and the password is melondog0821.

I'm going to bed shortly, so if you guys end up using it, have fun. I don't care who all is on there or what you do, and it just so happens theres already WoW channels from a group we used to have that played the game too and used the server for the same thing. I can also give someone Channel/Server Admin too, just let me know who in PM on there or here.

PS: There's also an Aetolia channel. Me and Zhyth are friends and use it to talk about Aetolia. Haha. Also had Fenrir on there once. Good times.
    "Hell hath no hold on a warrior’s mind, see how the snow has made each of us blind. Vibrant colors spray from new dead, staining the earth such a beautiful red."
  • edited April 2013
    Aaaannnnddd just put my account up on an auction site. I decided I didn't have the time to commit to ToT raiding, which would require actually joining a raiding guild. I wish they'd allow cross-realm raiding for all content, I really enjoyed the flexibility of using openraid.org. This should free up a decent chunk of time for some other activity, though. Anyone interested in a resto druid? >.> http://www.maskedarmory.com/anonymous-wow-armory-profiles-122340.html
  • Can you legally sell/buy accounts now? I purchased one in the past and it eventually got banned. Anyway. Starting a new account. Maverick1#1310 is the tag and making a orc hunter on Dragonmaw. 
  • Also. Does anyone want a scroll of resurrection or a recruit a friend?
    Trading accounts is highly illegal - it's also stupid. If you have nothing to do for a weekend and a decent attention span, you can get a character most of the way to endgame. A concerted effort to level 90 shouldn't take more than a week at most, and that's if you're going slow.

You might consider buying an account because the characters have good gear, but that's pretty silly as well. Out the gate, you can get guaranteed ilvl 476 boots by killing the Sha of Anger once (plus more if he happens to drop a PvP/tier piece for you). From there, you can acquire a 476 chestpiece from an appropriate crafter, and fill in the rest of your set with crafted/earned PvP pieces (450-463, depending on the piece). You should be able to run Looking For Raid groups in a solid day or two of work.

Now on the other hand, you could have a badass account like mine, with a Warrior from Burning Crusade weighed down with tons of goodies and weapons/armor/mounts you can't even get anymore! But not everyone's as amazing as me.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Sorry Tyrak, totally got distracted earlier by leading around 3 death-prone newbies. If you wanna discuss stuff in details, I'll be on AIM while I raid, or we can talk about WoW stuff when I get back online.

I can give you rez or RAF if you want. Rez will bring you up to level 80 and let you server/faction/racechange if you want, so that can be convenient!

As for what to play, I am assuming you were interested in DPS for your ranged question? Are you looking for PvP, PvE or both?

Shadow priest is excellent at both roles and has solid crowd control and survivability for PvP. You have to maintain DoTs and capitalize on procs - your standard DPS rotation consists of basically applying (and reapplying) 2 dots, casting a core spell on CD and then doing a filler spell to generate procs. It's not the most movement friendly for PvE, but it's pretty darn awesome in PvP.

Hunters are potent, but playing one well in PvP takes a lot of skill and can be tricky, especially if you are new. Conversely, they are excellent for starting PvE - you can take on most things you probably shouldn't even consider while soloing and their rotation is clean and easy to follow. You basically hit a core spell on CD, spam a resource-generating spell and then dump extra resources with instant hits and then hit the core spell again, rinse, repeat. Resource management is the core mechanics here.

Uhhh raid is starting, so we can talk more later about the other options.
  • Well. The account I did play on got banned so a rez scroll wouldn't work so I had to make another account. I just purchased the first WoW for $20 which ain't a bad deal. Don't think I can receive a recruit a friend if I purchased the game around can I?
    I'm not sure. I know RAF doesn't fully kick in until the person subs for like 2 months. 
  • Send me one to see if it works then?
    PM me your email.
  • You folks still WoWing it up? The triple XP stuff from my RaF is finally ending so I'm working on getting a whole slew of toons up to 90 now since all I've been doing is getting them to 80 (since triple XP from RaF ends there).
    I raid each week. Kog rolled a toon on my server. Not sure what everyone else is up to.
    Bumping this thread - the new patch is out and it lets you raid CURRENT content in a difficulty known as 'flex raid.' It's a step down from normal raiding, but you can do it with your realID pals (ie on different servers!) and with any number of people from 10-25. If anyone wants to give the game a try again, feel free to add me (jjloraine#1992) and if there's enough interest, maybe we can do some Aetolian fun raids!
  • I play, JoJo. HORDE SIDE FTW. Hit me up (my workmates begged me to play with them).
  • #TEAMHELLSCREAM

#vol'jinisdead
    Lin
  • Pfft, Horde.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

Lin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited December 2013
    You guys still playing? Thinking about playing again. Could possibly be talked into switching sides/server. I might be rusty for a minute, but I'm a bad ass tank when I'm forced too. Ok maybe not hardcore pro level, but I am smart enough to not stand in fire, and make sure my melee doesn't eat cleaves, etc. Mained a prot warrior in BC and Wrath, skipped Cata, came back for like 2 weeks in Mists, hit 90 or whatever the cap is, did like 10 5 man's and then just straight PvP'd, but I'd like to raid again if I could find a group. I have a shaman that I could roll over instead, but he's only at 81 or 82. Willing to either go enhance/ele/resto. Was resto with him in Wrath, was able to heal ICC 10 on my first go though and only let one person die! (was a smack talking mage who was asking for it!) Not as good at healing as I am tanking though.

Edit: Also if you recruit me you'll be able to fantasize over both of my ZG mounts.

Earthcrusher#1303.
  • Just popping in to add my battletag: Proxy#1868. Make sure you let me know who you are in the invite.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    awe, I wish I could play WoW again!  but funds are a little short and cant even make all my bills!  grr....  
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Draiman said:

Edit: Also if you recruit me you'll be able to fantasize over both of my ZG mounts.

Let's brag to these plebs with our Razzashi Raptors and Zulian Tigers. I'll add my Battle tag tonight.
    DraimanLin
  • Oh snap, I didn't realize there was someone else as awesome as me. Highfive Haern

I've been riding the raptor since 2008. Also, fun fact: I got the raptor in a legendary ZG run where BOTH mounts dropped in the same day. The tiger went to a Rogue who quit the game two weeks later. :(
  • Lin said:
    The tiger went to a Rogue who quit the game two weeks later. :(
    My Fiery Warhorse's Reins went to someone who went, "I'm quitting the game, but I want this." and rolled a 100 on it. Quit the next week. I too know this pain.
  • Wasn't a mount, but I lost DBW to a tank. A main spec tank. While I was main spec dps. Talk about rage.

Also, Wilkstick#1813.

• I'm always down for some Flex Raiding or anything really. Feel free to add me:

Zennidox#1186