Comments

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    LOL you said cuddlefex!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • I think "active play time" should be taken out of the TOP<org> commands. A lot of people stay logged in because it makes their org look better by giving them an arbitrarily higher score.
    Teani
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Well, that's why I want the tophouses stuff to be used. Apparently that gave almost no credit to people just idling, and it actually tracked ACTIVE stuff.
  • Oho, I didn't know that, I thought it was based almost entirely on log in time.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    It both did and didn't. It also didn't count roleplaying or crafting, so forced other kinds of mechanical activity for what counted. 
    Oh, I thought they said that RPing was included. I'm sure there is a way to track that. :/
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I believe RPing WAS included, but because you emote so slowly, it didn't count for much.
    Erzsebet
    Well an easy solution would just be to have emotes/says/etc weighted for more points!
  • It also didn't take into account activity going on in havens.

• IanwardIanward Ohio
    edited August 2013
    Just a few things I noticed through the novice introduction that might be worth looking into changing to make the process more newbie-friendly:
    • Not sure if it's possible or not, but you may want to hide the "You have 38574827 unread changelogs to read." message when novices are dropped into the prison room. It just seems intimidating if you don't realize that reading those are completely optional.
    • In order to distinguish between tells and says, in both appearance AND utility, perhaps tells should be configured by default to show in another color so that when Ghantia sends you a tell, it appears different from when he says something to you.
    • Even if you choose to fight the guard, you don't lose any health. Later, when Svisle tells you to sleep to regain health, it seems unnecessary at the time. If novices are only skimming through the introduction, they could miss the fact that sleeping regains health. Alternatively, perhaps one of the early exhaustion messages could be triggered at this time so that when novices encounter it later in the game, they recall the "fix".
    • There are a few inconsistencies in the way that says and novice hints are displayed throughout the trial. For instance, early in the intro, commands that you need to enter are colored in red, even when in says. But towards the end, such as when the barmaid is talking to you about dropping the crate for her, the commands are only capitalized, not colored. Also, says are displayed in "plain text" AND colored text in a seemingly random pattern throughout the entire introduction. There are also cases like the following:
      • Ghantia, a faded Kelki says, "Make sure you PUT GOLD IN PACK. There are thieves all around this bar."
    None of this is particularly game-breaking but could prevent some confusion and make the introduction look more polished overall. My apologies if these concerns have already been re-hashed over and over in this thread.
    RiluoArekaHaydyn
    - Add a LIT line to fireplaces, akin to the burnt lines for candle/incense smells. LIGHT FIREPLACE# would then have that message cycle as a room emote periodically.

- House upgrade: Haven link. Have it cost a chunk of credits, but let anyone in your house use a haven link to be transported to your haven. Bam, havens are useful to house owners and haven owners are buying credits to build houses. Totally Macavity's idea.

- Have varnish prevent mushroom sigil explosions on furniture. If this has been updated and you can't shroom varnished stuff then hooray, but if it's not, then it's kinda lame that someone can destroy an artifact item with a 150 gold sigil.

- Remove the need for the word YOU to be used in think emotes. Annoying to try pigeonhole it into thoughts.

- Auction houses for the cities. Let people put stuff up for sale for a price (list fee + cut from the sale) so things like chest items and crafted goods can be more easily sold without owning a shop. Good gold sink, and you can toss cities some of the cut maybe. 

- Sporadic ylem purchases via the quota system. In addition to the individual items you can buy, have options for the cities to purchase, using ylem (because stockpiling really is trivializing the system over time). Suggestions include things like a portal to Delve for x amount of time, wp/end regen at the pylon for a year, the starburst statue for a year, individual arena mods, etc - basically stuff that's easy to code/usually already exists, to help keep people excited about ylem and to whittle away at the big reserves.

- More floristry options, eg arrangements you can put in a vase, topiaries, maybe even small room features like trees/bushes/flowerbeds that people could PLANT to set in a room to add decoration.

- Let us PLACE items on beds, cribs, chairs and probably some other things that I don't know about.

- Make clothing stored in wardrobes not decay/decay slower (add the stasis bag's effect to them?). Maybe something similar for stuff stored in desk drawers, workbenches, etc.
    InfinLinErzsebet
    -- If you have both the polymath and adaption artifacts allow the user to change statpacks every hour without having to change classes!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Infin
  • Why aren't minipets capable of being dropped in houses you don't actively own? It's a little odd to me. Lots of people share houses, or rent rooms. There should be a way for a home owner to oust unwanted critters, and the ability to drop them in any player-owned room. 

A better overall solution that resolves additional housing issues is being able to assign additional 'managers' of a house. These people could edit rooms/add to the house/drop pets/etc. Home owner has ultimate control over the abilities of a house manager. Maybe being able to edit the manager for each room, and add/remove specific actions a manager can take. Can edit, but cannot add. Can drop pets, but cannot edit. 
    imageimage
    HaydynMoireanInfin
    And/or tie the abilities into clan privs, so orgs can easily set those up too.
    MinaraelHaydynInfin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Moirean said:
    - Let us PLACE items on beds, cribs, chairs and probably some other things that I don't know about
    We know you didn't mean to drop the baby Moi, it's okay! <3

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    Haydyn
  • Again, imps are the bouncy-balls of Aetolia. Kid's fiiiiiine.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Haydyn
    Let CL decide where city privs go, akin to how guilds distribute privs. This would let cities create different governmental styles, without much work required from the admin - eg Spinesreach could have a lot more of the powers lower down, because REPUBLIC! while BL could stack a lot of the powers at the top for their elite.

---------------------------------

Group messages: GMSG <group> <message> - lets you send a message to an entire group at once. Eg GMSG CARNIFEX GO HUG YOUR HOUNDS or GMSG REDTAPE YO, CHECK FOR MONOLITHS. This would be a priv only certain members could access (eg investable by guild, only available to the CL, whatev) and you would have to BE a member of said group to message them (cuz, trolls).

----------------------------------

A "government" group. CL, council, ministers and aides would be considered members of this group, which could then be interacted with via price policies, messages, etc.

----------------------------

New channel: CGT - city government channel. CL, council, ministers and aides could all access this channel.

---------------------------------

Bump the number of cityranks up. The game has been around for a really long time now, and old loyal citizens have been kinda festering at those top ranks with nowhere to go for years. It'd be nice if there were some more ranks we could use to favor people through, and maybe toss some more powers to those ranks. These ranks would see diminishing returns on favors, akin to how it takes a lot more favors to get from CR 5 to CR 6, so getting to CR 10 would take a TON of work and favor, potentially RL years. Some potential powers for each rank (kinda just made up with existing commands for minimal coding, but you could get a lot more creative and add in fancier things):

CR 7: Access to REVLOG and CITY ECONSTATUS

CR 8: Grants an extra use of the religion tree skill divinity each year.

CR 9: Membership in the "group" government. Access to CGT.

CR 10: The ability to SUPPORT a leader of the council. Yes, potentially controversial, but someone who's earned this rank should essentially be valued so much in the city they are equivalent to being a council member. Also, gives an interesting level of politics and a check to derpy councils. May have to do some math to balance out how citizen votes vs council votes for CL go, but I love the concept of truly dedicated/loyal citizens being able to have a voice in that.
    DamonicusTrigruInfin
  • I would like it if there was a single glove or single shoe option. I need to get my dazzle on.

Um. Decks within the 'deck' that is basically the Triptycha cache right now. That way you can just do something like TT SELECT DECK # before the game starts, and you don't have to do intd/outtd things.

I also thought it would be nifty to have tiles just numbered 1-10 that were the way you told who was the top. And whenever you beat a guardian force, it should drop a tile!

More triptycha things in general o.o Even though I got stomped into the dirt in the first round, I had fun prepping and playing and will probably keep going with it. I didn't really know much about it before the festival.

Moirean
  • @vharan, unless it was removed, in clothing there was a falcon glove. Haven't had tailoring in a long time so not sure if still there.

• it has to be described as a falcon glove, though.

• PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Newp. It can be described as any kind of glove as far as I know since the base pattern is listed as just 'glove' as opposed to 'falconglove' or something like that.
    Missari
  • This black gauntlet has been forged with smelted mithril and steel. The blackened metal is wrapped around from the wearer's fingers to their elbow. The metal plates are designed to overlap the leather straps underneath without harm to the wearer. Three rubies have been placed where the gauntlet is tightened to the wearer's arm in order to hide the banding.

Is what I made for myself way back when. It is made form a falcom's glove and is now my artifact.

Infin
    this is pulled from the help craftingreferences that all approves must follow...

a simple falconry glove         glove | gauntlet | glove
    a pair of leather gloves        gloves | gauntlets | glove
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• edited September 2013
    Well, ain't that just awesome, and it's not like the falconry glove actually has a use anymore, except for some oldbies who log in with Infernal/Paladin, eh?

I wonder what slot, if any, the falconry glove takes.

Edit: Can you wear 2 falconry gloves?
  • Missari said:
    Edit: Can you wear 2 falconry gloves?
    I can't check right now, but way back when I was ~playing~ you could not. On that same note, you'd look like a complete dope (or absolute badass) with two falcons on your hands. FALCONMASTER ACTIVATE.
    MissariHaven
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    FALCONRY OVERWHELMING

but yeah, you can have the 'gloves' item described as a single glove. There's nothing you can do about the actual item name, but then things like 'bracers' don't change when you make it 'armguard' either.

Missari
  • Punch with the fury of a terrified falcon clinging to your wrist? That is a fun mental image.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• FALLCCOON PUNCH!!

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • Your gif broke my browser. >:|
  • Given how hard of a punch that is, consider yourself lucky.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz