Aetolian Lifehacks

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
I adore lifehacks, even if I rarely (never) use the info I learn. So! Have a thread to describe the random useful things you've discovered about Aetolia! Some of the info you share you might consider somewhat obvious, but you'd be surprised what blank spots people have (I only learned about fancy cache functions and incall a few months ago).

- You can use EMPTYVIAL when doing refills to only hit (surprise) empty vials. Eg fill emptyvial with health. No more shuffling containers around!

- You can drop items to cycle through them on ii. Eg, if you have 3 shirts and want to do something with the third one, and you can't be unicorned to type out the number, just drop and get 2 of them. Tada, the third one is now at the top of ii and is the shirt which will be referenced.

- You can spam eating basic fruit (harvestable by even those with inept concoctions) to cure hunger in a pinch.

- You don't need a libram to learn lazily! Just make a cycling trigger for lessons - eg, if I wanted to trans out savagery, deathlore and warhounds, I'd trigger the end of the learning text from savagery to then learn deathlore, trigger the end of deathlore to learn warhounds and then trigger the end of the warhounds lesson to start learning savagery. Bam. Go browse forums or play some LoL and you'll get to tri-trans without having to monitor learning.

- Inscribing tarot cards suuuucks. For cards like death tarot, just OUTD BLANK AS DEATH and then IND DEATH. Bam, lazy inscribes.

- You can order mounts and minipets and other named creatures around with their names, instead of having to use their number. Eg, I can ORDER STUPIDHEAD GO NORTH and my donkey will trot off to the north.

- You can use LOOK (name) to examine sneaky shrouded hidden people when examine fails.

That's all I can think of for now. Post your own!
Aryanne

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    One of my favorites: SAYTO <person> instead of SAY TO <person> prevents you from speaking up if the person you meant to speak to has already left the room or disconnected.

Some clients make it possible to do the same thing over and over by simply using 
    #<number>. For example  #10 refill emptyvial from health will refill 10 empty vials from the cask.

When folding pearls into the Master Crystal you don't have to do them one at a time. Simply FOLD 100 PEARL INTO OBJECT and you're done.

MoireanXeniaAryanne

• Moirean said:
    - You can drop items to cycle through them on ii. Eg, if you have 3 shirts and want to do something with the third one, and you can't be unicorned to type out the number, just drop and get 2 of them. Tada, the third one is now at the top of ii and is the shirt which will be referenced....
    I love doing this to reorder the way clothing appears when I am looked at. Sometimes your clothes look like a random assortment: shoes, shirt, bracelet, headband, stockings... I like to drop what I'm going to wear and pick it up in a specific order (usually how it would appear from the top down). Crazy, I know, but I feel like it just looks so much better!
    Rawr
    MoireanAryanne
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Farsai rojalli eating your children at night? Don't worry, shadowdrops reproduce by budding! There is no syntax for this.
    Arbre
  • For lycans: Disregarding on. Bay health at yourself just after you attack when hurt for more bashing sustainability!
    Rawr
    Rivas
  • Amberlea said:
    For lycans: Disregarding on. Bay health at yourself just after you attack when hurt for more bashing sustainability!
    or Howl/Roar with health/mana and use echoing on/boneshaking... Then you can also bay..

• I tend to use refill empty with health/mana rather than emptyvial.

Rather than light pipe # just light pipes, lights all of them at once!

If you use Cmud maybe other clients you can use your numpad to do directions, IE, 8 for north, 2 for south things of that nature.

Elixlist short is a godsend if you figure out how many of each elixer and salve you have and how many each can hold when it is full.
    Show Him Who's Boss!
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oh here is one! If you are a Carnifex, FLY while doing soul consumption. You won't be hit by any of the spirits. >_>
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    People who use reanimation can also use clean instead of referring to an individual bandage in the same way you use empty for vials.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Have a cluttered up cache with lots of stuff in it and only want to know info about a select group of things?

IC <category> will show only specific things. Works for plant, crystal, commodity, ink, slice and some fruit (though not all)

• DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    edited September 2013
    Are you a novice aide, secretary, city leader, or other important person? Tired of getting tells while you're asleep and having people upset with you idling all the time? In a ninja move, prolly by The God of Artifice Himself, the admin introduced a "qq" command that logs you out! Now no one will be upset with you taking 8 hours to respond, and novices won't feel ignored, they'll just feel alone!

Yeah that's trollish. But some of you idle bots really should look into that command.

Edit: And this isn't just an Idlebeard thing.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

SwastanArbreTrigruRivasXeniaHaernMissariEzalorPerilunaVidgetAryanneMinarael
  • Draiman said:
    Are you a novice aide, secretary, city leader, or other important person? Tired of getting tells while you're asleep and having people upset with you idling all the time? In a ninja move, prolly by The God of Artifice Himself, the admin introduced a "qq" command that logs you out! Now no one will be upset with you taking 8 hours to respond, and novices won't feel ignored, they'll just feel alone! Yeah that's trollish. But some of you idle bots really should look into that command. Edit: And this isn't just an Idlebeard thing.
    thats why TELLSOFF and GNTOFF was invented!!

MissariPerilunaAryanne
  • Azton said:
    Amberlea said:
    For lycans: Disregarding on. Bay health at yourself just after you attack when hurt for more bashing sustainability!
    or Howl/Roar with health/mana and use echoing on/boneshaking... Then you can also bay..
    I usually just turn deafness off so I don't have to worry about putting boneshaking on over and over while hunting. If you are using the baying trick I mentioned then you will use up your soft eq on occasion and this can get in the way of triggered boneshaking, unless you make it super complex and code for it to wait until you are off balance but have eq to do it. You run the risk of missing some of the howls in the wait, though.

The baying was supposed to be in addition to typical (read: not lifehack) hunting howling/roaring, but I guess I wasn't specific enough.

Been offering to your guild patron for a task but having trouble catching a representative to tell you your progress? Just go to any divine's shrine and OFFERINGS SHOW to take a look for yourself!
    Rawr
    Angwe
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    You can use the ARMAMENTS skill in weaponry to not only see weapons/armor on the ground or in a shop, but also inside of items, eg WEAPONLIST HAMMER IN PACK or WEAPONLIST SHIELD IN OUROBOROS.
  • I like WEAPONLIST WEAPON IN WEAPONBELT to see all the pretty WEAPONS I carry around.

And I really like to type weapon.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Missari said:
    I like WEAPONLIST WEAPON IN WEAPONBELT to see all the pretty WEAPONS I carry around.

And I really like to type weapon.
    just wish that would show the weapon name on top of the number!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • WEAPON

WEAPON.