LOVE

Comments

• Well they're good, Elea, but there's not quite enough exposed boob in them.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Iiiiiihhhh!!! I want one! What did I end up as?

• edited September 2013
    Welp, those cards look amazing.

EDIT: Though I guess I didn't make it in?
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Nawp, the only people in the lineup are people who bought pinups while I was selling them- tracking down descriptions for all the people for the slated golden age deck was going to be a nightmare at best and quite frankly I'd have been drawing a lot of people who meant little to me. I'd prefer to do art for people who're around and who play!

• Ah, that's too bad. I was looking forward to getting a couple of decks to have as a physical memento of playing Aetolia.

Well, just means somebody else managed to get a spot that wouldn't have have otherwise, so it all works out. :)
  • I'm going to put this here even though it's not technically a good thing. I was taking my accounting test today and I entirely blanked on some high-low estimate stuff. Basically we were given a string of usage hours paired with the cost, and we were supposed to estimate the fixed cost and the variable cost - but, as I said, totally blanked. So I finished the rest of the test and went back to that problem and could not figure it out. At all.

So I improvised. Read: I started making up stuff. I'm also taking linear algebra - I put the costs into a matrix by setting up functions. Simple, really (even though it sounds hard typing it all out) - basically I knew value*x + static cost = the cost. So if the usage was 10 and the cost was 11, 10*x + y = 11 gives you the basic formula for all possible combinations. Find the intersect of 10*x + y and another function and you can guess at the x and y's. I wasn't thinking too clearly and this won't actually work (linear algebra works on lines, not curves...) - but I did this, roughly: 
    [4500 1  19000]  
    [9000  1  29000]

^Matrix A. I used row reduction. Basically doing algebra on one row with stuff from the other - you can do R2 = R2 - R1*2 here for instance, to get a lovely zero in the bottom row. When you have the bits looking like:
    [1 0 something     ]
    [0 1 something else]

Then you know what the values are when x = 1, y= 0 (first something) and y = 1, x= 0 (something else). So there's roughly a full page of this covering the front of my test like I had some kind of mental breakdown (maybe I did) and started hurling math at it. I got an answer that was close to .3 and I just went with it. I got it wrong, but I'm sitting here snickering faintly - I wish I could see her face when she starts to grade it, because there's numbers all over the place.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

TeaniXeniaHaydyn
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Greetings Casey Kelley,  
    At this time, the Graduate and Family Housing Team is pleased to provide you with an official offer to move into one of our apartments!

Move In Date/Time: Tuesday, November 05, 2013 at 4:00 PM (The apartment is not available before this time)  

Description:  This is a One bedroom, Upstairs apartment. The apartment has had some remodeled features and the flooring consists mainly of Carpet.
    SolariaArenAryannePerilunaTeani
  • That sounds vaguely Neopet-ish, and I kind of love it. >_>

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

MoireanMarienaAryannePeriluna
  • I want a Carpet now.It sounds fuzzy.
  • It's always a pain when there is a ... severin' ... of your interwebs access. 

/me leaves.

MoireanArbreDraimanRivasBufordSevernPeriluna
  • Well hello world! After several life-changing events and building myself a new (own) computer. I think I'm (able to be) back again! (Sup Sevvers!)

MoireanAarbrokBufordTeaniPerilunaVidget
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    It's funny - I don't think we've ever really interacted IC, but I remember that amazing artisanal of Ferrik playing piano and I instantly was like "Oooh!" when I saw you on CWHO. :)
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Yay, Ferrikadile is back!
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    AAAA IT'S FERRIK

Feel the happy!

• Lol, power went out when I was at work, we lost phones and internet!! Not necessarily a bad thing for us so much as the customers but I thought it was funny, having missed the 5 hr version in June...
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • Do you ever get so worked up you throw a pizza.
    Stathan
  • It's a bit late, and I don't even know if he reads the forums, but it's awesome to have @Valingar around again.
    ArekaEzalorSessizlik
  • Iosyne said:
    Do you ever get so worked up you throw a pizza.
    I AM THE ONE WHO KNEADS.
  • It's almost hat season!
    Vidget
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    A preemptive <3 to @Areka, in case I don't have computer access until next Monday or such.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Vharen
  • I love the amazing wonderful people I've met here.

@Toz: Words cannot describe how much I value our friendship. You are absolutely amazing. Much much love being sent your way and you'll get a big ol' hug the next time I see you.

@Daskalos: You get some love for making me smile even when I didn't really feel like smiling. Thanks :)

Now, for the second part of my love:

Almost immediately following the meeting announcing that my store would be closed by October 19th, I had two Directors contact me about getting a transfer to their store. The only downside is that until the hold on full-time is lifted, I'll only be able to work 29 hours a week.

My mother, who hasn't talked to me in about two months, texted me as soon as it was announced on the news that about 500 people in this area would be losing their jobs. She told me a full time, first shift, Monday-Friday job in an office was open and my Dad knows the people that own the place. 

I also love that instead of all of the employees just half-unicornsing at their jobs now, everyone is banding together to help get the others placed into stores or other jobs. Our president might be a piece of unicorns butt for doing this (it was purely a money transaction - one of the Directors told me that the other company "offered them too much money to pass up") but at least our Store Directors and District Directors are amazing. I still feel really angry about this, but it's lessening already. Good sign, I hope.
    DaskalosXavinAryanne
  • edited September 2013

This is a epic move for Australia, I can not wait too see the other ones get rolled out.

http://reneweconomy.com.au/2013/adelaide-creates-worlds-first-solar-powered-public-transport-system-32530

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
    Haven
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Spinesreach! You guys are so fun and enthusiastic and I'm enjoying seeing you all enjoy the festival, especially the camaraderie I've seen, like with Xenia helping everyone get research orbs for survivor or a ton of people hanging out to play dice games. Lots of fun to login and see you all excited each day. :)