Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Sigh. 

That kind of behavior makes me facepalm. Yes, I understand that there's a lot to still be frustrated about on both sides. However, it's never an excuse to break roleplay and exploit being an unknown newbie by scouting, finding gaps in guard defenses, digging up coffins, or anything else that would be a blatant violation of HELP SECONDS. You're all adults here and the game isn't that important.
    MoireanEzalorTeaniAarbrokAren
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    I think that if the Administration has a track on IP addresses for banning characters, when people blatantly do things like this they should be punished, since there is no way for us to have a resolution for extra griefy behavior.  I see stuff like this happen too much, and its really unacceptable.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    edited September 2013
    +--------------------------- CHANGELOG ENTRY #401 ----------------------------+
    |  Entered by: Razmael                             Date: 2013/09/06 16:06:05  |
    +--------------------------------- CHANGE ------------------------------------+

* Both for their sake, and the sake of others, it is no longer possible
    for someone considered a newbie to dig up a coffin, unless it belongs to
    them.

LOVE this change!!!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    AarbrokTrigruArbre
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    I'M SORRY GUYS EVERYONE SAID TO CREATE AN ALT TO SEE HOW  I LIKED BLOODLOCH BECAUSE NO ONE WOULD TAKE DASKALOS SOB.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Aren
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Knew it.

You will rue the day good sir...RUUUUUUE!
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    edited September 2013
    Aarbrok said:
    Knew it.

You will rue the day good sir...RUUUUUUE!

I just realized how well her finger lines up with the word Rue.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
    AngweJaslinePerilunaInfin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I rage at the internet and how it brings out really horrid behaviour from people - how people will say truly rude and disgusting things, and how others just let that sort of behavior slide. I rage that I had to quit one of my favorite OOC clans because of this, because one of the members doesn't have the maturity or restraint to be a decent human being, and nobody else cared or wanted to stand up to make that behaviour stop.
    My quiver, with all my arrows decayed. :(
    I also rage at my lack of motivation for logging on to Setne as of late and just not feeling up to doing much.

Ingram said:
  • @Moirean unfortunately a lot of OOC clans are cesspools of awful. And internet toughguy syndrome makes it so that people just build on each other. It sucks that you had to deal with it though :(

• [quote]Shadows surge across an immature jade eld's surface, erupting into a crystalline missile that strikes you deeply.
    Damage done: 99, unblockable.
    Health Lost: 900, cutting.
    You have been slain by an immature jade eld.
    Everything goes dark.
    H:0 M:2400 E:94% W:103% B:100% XP:78% [eb lr]
    say bloody bollocks
    You are dead and cannot do that.
    l
    Traversing the Void.
    This room has not been mapped.
    A great nothingness consumes the surroundings. There is no light, no sound, no sense of time or anything of that nature. It is as if a profound emptiness has overtaken all existence and this is the result.  There are no obvious exits.
    As your consciousness drifts through the Earth, you feel an overwhelming urge to REFORM BODY.
    H:0 M:2400 E:94% W:103% B:100% XP:77% [eb lr]
    As your consciousness drifts through the Earth, you feel an overwhelming urge to REFORM BODY.
    H:0 M:2400 E:95% W:103% B:100% XP:76% [eb lr]
    reform body
    Your consciousness slips away into slumber, as the Earth begins to reconstruct your body.
    Your body continues to reform as the Earth nurtures you.
    H:0 M:2400 E:95% W:103% B:100% XP:75% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:74% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:74% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:73% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:73% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:72% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:72% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:96% W:103% B:100% XP:71% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:97% W:103% B:100% XP:71% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:97% W:103% B:100% XP:71% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:97% W:103% B:100% XP:70% [eb lr]
    H:0 M:2400 E:97% W:103% B:100% XP:70% [eb lr][/quote]

I think that "as the Earth nurtures you." is a typo of "as the Earth drains all of your fucking xp."
    HavenInfin
  • Moirean said:
    I rage at the internet and how it brings out really horrid behaviour from people - how people will say truly rude and disgusting things, and how others just let that sort of behavior slide. I rage that I had to quit one of my favorite OOC clans because of this, because one of the members doesn't have the maturity or restraint to be a decent human being, and nobody else cared or wanted to stand up to make that behaviour stop.
    But he's an asshat @moirean who begs people to do stuff for him.. so dont take it to heart...

Also on this note, I rage at all the OOC BS being brought ICLY .. People really should learn the difference between them both!! OR GET A DAM GRIP!!!

SolariaPerilunaTeaniAren
  • Templar that just click autobash with 3k plus hammer hits. Who thought that was a good idea, and before the trolls roll in nothing excuses bad combat tactics and one push autobashers. If you rely on that you are either a bad fighter or a tool.
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • I was surprised to learn that, after all that was said about my hammer throw, they actually hit harder.

At a full second faster.

Without using sacrifice.

Yaaaaaay objective.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• It is insane and ignored. If I was doing 3k plus it would be fixed in seconds!
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    What are the comparative audits, stats, weapons and arties in play for this? 
    Of note, it's weapon scaling across the board, not just Templars. I regularly take over 1800 from Ezalor's bastard sword. Just like when I used lightning to get magic potence finally fixed, I'm tired of taking insane damage from Carnifex, BB, and everyone else, but since it hasn't been deemed a problem over the last year since penetration was introduced, I'm going to use it until the admin change something - and not just a nerf of DSW, but an across the board balancing of weapons, because that's the problem. For the record, for me to do what I'm doing, I have +7 STR and a level 3 rune on the warhammer... and I'm squishy as heck. Also, of note, Feichin, Tyrak, and Ezalor have all beaten me when I try to whore out damage because they actively hinder me. That and Teradrim make me cry.

"If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• I feel like this is a poor way to go about it, from both you and the admin.

Coding up and planning all of the events is fun, but losing out in the fighting events because you were too busy trying to give us opportunities to have fun is not fun. Unless people are going to play nice and not auto-bash, but hey, this is Aetolia. Not likely.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

MoireanRivasMastema
  • edited September 2013
    Damage scaling is being looked at by the admin and the liaisons. Keep in mind that there is a lack of coders currently.

edit: to seem less terse and snappy

I used to say 'hey, I'm not going to use XYZ' against someone because they wouldn't use it against me, but the fact is, everything gets used against me.  Everything. And the thing is, I only started using it after insanely scaling damage was done against me time and again.

Keroc once told me 'Why do you not use what's at your disposal? Nothing is going to stop them from using it against you, leave it to us to decide what's balanced and what's not and use what you've got.'

It changed my outlook, and the thing is, Draiman, is that for every respectable opponent like you, there's an equally disreputable one. To get the speed I'm DSW'ing at, it takes:

Purity Aura (+2 str)

Blessing +1STR

Level 3 Streth (2500cr, +3)

Starchart (Artifact)

Dice (artifact, cost me over 4000cr at auction).

Level 3 rune on warhammer (800cr?)

I'm a min-maxer a lot of times and in this case, I've done that to an extreme level.

But the thing is, it's NOT just DSW that's a problem. It's Carnifex hammers, it's Bastard swords being used with BB that are artifacted up.

The difference is that people would defend it when it was their own skill, but when I do it, it's suddenly a problem because when I expose a problem, I expose it. Look at Magic Potence - we were taking insane damage from a ton of magic sources because of Magic Potence scaling, so it was made to only work on specific skills. Did it nerf me? Yep. Did it nerf a lot of other people and help balance the artifact overall? Yep.

You can't complain about DSW without including -all- damage scaling on weapons. A big part of the problem is that an active measure was taken to make classes less tanky, through things like warmth being reduced to 5% from 10%, et cetera, but nothing was done to keep it all in tow. For me to fight in Templar and survive a straight damage onslaught requires a huge amount of preparation. You have no idea how unbelievably squishy Templars are. I know people that bash in SYSSIN because it's tankier.

Clearly, instead of complaining, everyone should bombard Jeromy to give Aetolia a coder. Seriously, some games have two. E-mail jihad.
    Aarbrok
  • edited September 2013

Wait so Carnifex do 3k with hammers... who are these Carnifex! I do less than 1400 with level3 runes and +2 strength if I do not miss or my opponent does not hinder. On my high damage hammer I was at one point able to pull off 1500, but it was hitting at 4.0secs+. Overall 3k plus is way to much, no matter how hard people try to defend it and it needs reduced. In terms of polearms I can only go on my current setup (level3 runes dex 18 strength , Damage: 125  Penetration: 138  Speed: 163 ) which dishes 700-740 damage if it does not miss at 3.5 secs against my audit (see below) and doing  530-540 against non artifacted Bloodborn. With audits of 54/54 (powerful). So I am confused where you get high damage from, since Carnifex got nerfed twice in a row. If you could explain who these people are I will ask them to post numbers.

On my alts audit, which is the one taking 3k plus.

Cutting      56%
    Blunt         58%

Mastema's audit <-- Carnifex (Yet to see what damage he takes, but it would be very high I assume. Perhaps a Carnifex can post numbers.)
    Cutting 38%
    Blunt  39%

• A Machine for Pigs? More like A Ma-crash for Crashes.
    TrigruRivas
  • Blessing subject has been moved to this thread. Please discuss it there!
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    Realizing that I won't be able to participate in the Iron Epicurean tomorrow because I'm working the closing shift. That was the one event I wanted to participate in too. Sadface.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited September 2013
    Edit: Aaaaand, wrong thread.
  • Gonna miss the Iron epicurean, cause it's on a weekday night. It was the -only- Contest I was really, really looking forward too. :(
    Trolling shrines :<

Ingram said:
  • Completely pointless drama.
    imageimage
  • Carnifex.
    StathanDraiman
    The fact that the transportation token and venom rag are being retired as coin artifacts when they're one of the few actually worth getting to begin with.
This discussion has been closed.