Year 400 Celebration!

Comments

• Even more tiles.

Xenia
  • Keep in mind there's triggers, and there's idlebotting the attraction. If someone is actually AFK while it runs, dats against the rules. There's a few of us who organized cups in a nice queue system and got along well, letting people hop in line if they asked.

Also, I -LOVE- the bombs. Rainbow bomb especially.
    Aarbrok
  • Custom cert from giftbag. Have nothing to use it on yet, but maybe one day.

• really love all the random mob pos RP at 5am est.
    Teani
  • Year 400 Ring/Necklace, nose piercing plz.

Lot of us are collector crazy.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    This event is absolutely amazing, when I get home this evening, I plan on playing more games, I want trinkets!

• oh where do you/how do you get rings etc. Is from shops or games? Also as normal no ironbeard visits :(
    Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Mastema said:
    oh where do you/how do you get rings etc. Is from shops or games? Also as normal no ironbeard visits :(
    those are not out yet, I believe @saybre was requesting them for their collection
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Mastema
  • Macavity said:
    Mastema said:
    oh where do you/how do you get rings etc. Is from shops or games? Also as normal no ironbeard visits :(
    those are not out yet, I believe @saybre was requesting them for their collection
    This is correct. I wanted them to happen. I have 200, 250, 300 items (was there one for 350?)

So it'd be nice, even if it was something dumb like..

a year 400 ring
    a year 400 ring has been discarded here by someone who hates history.

A simple silver band forms a crude loop, with imperfect etching of the number '400' along the metal. It looks like someone created it hastily, and you notice a singular hair stuck deep in the metal, forever part of the imperfect jewelry.

Mastema
  • Pretty sure there was no 350.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Question: will this festival be something we see again in the future, or is this a one-off thing? If this is something we see periodically (and players are told this) I think it will alleviate the feeling that we need to 'grind' the attractions to get tickets - if it happens every few IG years, for example, we can always aim to come back next month or whatever to continue saving up for that minipet or whatever.
    SaybreAarbrok
  • I think it should be yearly, or daily. Yes daily. FORVER!

Xenia
    Yeah I would like this to be something that visits often enough that we can be excited to go there and save up our tickets for.....cause its awesome!
  • TrigruTrigru the Bumberton's Delight
    Hey guys, if you feel someone is idlebotting the games (that is, you have evidence that they are AFK while playing Celebration events), please ISSUE it. It goes without saying that our stance on automation applies here as well.
    MacavityMastemaDemarcus
  • edited September 2013
    I think it is more that the same people just do not stop, so there is no chance to get involved. It is kind of lame on their part. They have it triggered to send the command the second they win. So in theory you do not get a go and if you try to shove them from the room you get locked up.
    Mastema said:
    I think it is more that the same people just do not stop, so there is no chance to get involved. It is kind of lame on their part. They have it triggered to send the command the second they win. So in theory you do not get a go and if you try to shove them from the room you get locked up.
    not all of us are like that, but yeah there are some that are clearly abusing it.  the queue that @Razmael talked about will help this a great deal!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Mastema
  • I know you are not :) you are not an asshat.
    Macavity
  • You know, about the attractions. Initially I was annoyed to so many people crowding around the same booths, and felt like there was no way I could ever get a chance to experience the attraction game with so many people around, spamming and doing stuff. However, instead what has happened is that a sort of festival community is growing. It's great! I'm finding myself idling in the same line, joking and getting along with people that normally I'd never get a chance to talk to due to org conflict.

@Mastema you need not feel like you can't get in line or that everyone is botting. A lot of times if you ask where the line is, someone will tell you who is last and where to jump in. That's not so bad! If you stick around long enough, you get to see the different personalities of the participants and maybe even a chance to form a  festival rapport.  

AarbrokRivas
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Liar's Dice is open! Super fun!
  • I've been really happy with everyone being so civil with the line-forming. The first time everyone was playing, it was all about who could spam in their command first. You've probably seen me grinding the cups game, but I'm never afk, been there. The whole time. Let me tell you about boring.

That being said, we're -always- ready to let someone else play. When I say 'we' I mean the handful of people who run in and out and put in a few hours here and there. When you've got six people all going nice and neat after one another, it makes you feel pretty good that everyone's so willing to share and work together.
    AarbrokXenia
    POSES, we were even setting poses for our line formations and encouraging each other, it was alot of fun, I am really happy with how everything has been going!
    Xenia
  • Much love to the Crafting Competition. Easily the most hair pulling two hours I had in a long time. Best of luck to everyone!
    Aarbrok
    I was originally intimidated by alot of the seasoned crafters and almost did not participate but all joking aside seeing how its going to be scored and having creativity be a factor I soon realized that it mattered little how well we craft so long as we create a good vision or idea I think that's awesome!! Even worse is I am trying to figure out my work situation for the iron epicurean because its by far my favorite thing in aetolia!!! I can't wait!!!
  • Moirean said:
    Question: will this festival be something we see again in the future, or is this a one-off thing?
    The Celebration will make a return!
    DamonicusAarbrokMoireanTeani
  • edited September 2013
    First off I want to say that there's a lot about the celebration that I really like. The tickets, the attractions (and the RP that comes from it) as well as the various shenanigans that I've gotten involved in at the fair. Even the events themselves are pretty cool, despite the odd hiccups (i.e. Keg Race). 

I'm all for team work, however it's pretty disheartening, and frankly it ruins the spirit of the game, when cities team up and essentially work to dominate the game. I figured that it would just be the nature of the arena events to be victim to this sort of thing, but I'm realizing that it's not. It makes me not want to participate in any events, simply because I like to win, and I feel like an ass trying to tell other people who want to play for fun to put that aside so we can team up and knock out those who are doing the same thing. 

I don't know what could be done, in some way, I wish that there was better policing of obvious team work in things like the liar's dice game. 

MoireanArekaRivasAarbrokXavin
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited September 2013
    The only way I can see that you could stop teamwork is make the singular prize greatly outweigh the group one. Which, do we really want to encourage throat-slitting every-man-for-himself that strongly? That's essentially saying 'we don't like you being douchebags who get along, so we're going to offer you something so big that you go mad with want, to encourage you to each be the biggest douchebag, even to your friends.'

• edited September 2013
    That's what general competition is, though, isn't it? That way an event doesn't simply go to "whichever city has the biggest turnout", and is truly every person competing against every other person, y'know?

I dunno, I see both sides. I tend to lean more towards the "boy am I tired of people forming teams at EVERY chance of a worldwide competition" and am just kinda hoping for a genuine all-out competition once in awhile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

(The Front Line): Daskalos says, "<-- artifacts."

for those interested, I did find a 400 medallion in the fair ground shops
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Mastema
  • In regards to stepping in, I personally would rather see someone step in and say, hey this sort of play is not in the spirit of the game, either you guys start playing straight or be removed from the game. Maybe that seems harsh, but I think threat of removal from participation is the only thing that will truly stop it. 

That or if the player base that was tired of seeing it happen chose to work together to eliminate those who were consistently doing this before playing the game straight among one another. 

I really don't think the prizes have anything to do with it, it's simply the desire to win the overall city competition. 

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    A heavy iron-link giftbag is holding:
    3210 gold sovereigns.

WINNAR!!!