Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• I'll answer that question for myself as well @Vharan, Since I also did not vote for Mina. I was looking for player confrimation about said anon posts.  by the time I came home from work, Mina was dead. with a normal day round lasting well four days anymore and Mina killed in well under 12 hrs.  So for me, yes I thought Mina was guilty, but I've been against the anon posts since day one and have asked for clarification each time about them.  But with super train in motion. End game.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Damonicus said:
    Can the warden plase contact either Haern or Peri I would prefer Haern since well my previous post explained it and verify that the warden sent that message. We've already seen false messages plus let's face it Pete sucks at reading. I am more inclined to believe the messages but I would not want to lose another rellyw again like every previous day round so far. If haern says warden's message is true then I will vote Mina as well, till then I just do not feel like it is enough esp when Mina would be the next target regardless since she was just as out spoken as Moi.

Hold up there @Damonicus. True, you were looking for player confirmation about the messages from the old man and Pendantic Pete. However, there isn't a lot that screams "I think Mina is guilty!" when you're rather subtly casting doubt that Mina might have been a rellyw, playing off the fears of both rapidly dwindling numbers of good guys and possibly being lead into a trap. If you honestly thought Mina was guilty as you claim, and have two separate messages, one that almost certainly came from the Warden, why didn't you vote?

We're STILL waiting to hear if the Warden wants to trust Haern or not, all this time Mina could still be spinning falsehoods and who knows what other cunning things that we all know she's capable of. Sorry, I'm just not buying that you sincerely thought she was guilty based on your previous post.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    @Jasline: I have to agree with what has been said. Writing long posts with information is good. However, sharing only a breakdown without any additional information, such as your own reflections and thoughts about what is in said breakdown makes you look suspicious (if accused of not doing anything you could just point back and say 'hey, look at my long nice posts'). You've probably seen from the many posts made in this game that we're analyzing voting patterns, comments on what others have written and asked for people to pitch in and explain themselves. Just posting won't make you an active participant, it's all about what is in your post.

I am not sure if I agree with @Damonicus on the whole Periluna thing. He makes a good point about the Wildcard, but... meh.

I'm more inclined towards Xenia or Aryanne myself, but I can't decide which one to vote for at the moment.

Alright, I’ve scoured everything available to me and I’ve determined the person with the highest likelihood of being an Indorani is Damonicus.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /> 

-We know the Wildcard tried to hate on Moirean with an anonymous message. So we have our first confirmed bad anonymous message. Damonicus was pretty much silent for the first five pages, then bammo! We get this message from the Wildcard. Coincidence?

-He can’t seem to make up his mind about Periluna. At one point he wants the Warden to confide in her or preferably Haern, and now she’s the Wildcard. He has maintained pretty consistently that she COULD be the Wildcard, but here he is trusting an anonymous message straight up without it ever being confirmed as from the Syssin. He simply accepts it as fact on Page 11, and the summary from Moi is on page 8. Notice how Moi never actually confirmed the message was from the Syssin? Hrmmmm….

-He’s willing to accept the Syssin’s alleged message but questions everything else. Then, during our little debacle in the middle there where everyone said “Hur dur… we have nothing to go on!” What does Mr. Damonicus say? “Withholding my vote until better evidence comes around.” Then some evidence does come around in the form of an anonymous message outing Minarael as the Necromancer the following round and a second from the Warden confirming its plausibility, and he doesn’t find it good enough? What kind of evidence IS good enough to cast a vote?

-The grammar and spelling are consistent between the Wildcard’s anonymous message and Damonicus’s posts. More coincidence?

Due to the overwhelming evidence, I’m going to…

Unvote: Jasline

Vote: Damonicus

I should clarify why that weird Microsoft OFfice thing is in there. I'm at work and my work computer's internet explorer hates these forums so I type and the words lag behind, so I compose my posts in something else and copy/paste them here.
  • @Demarcus: So I cannot sit and think about a situation over time and come to a conclusion? I'll give you guys a choice. I am not the Wildcard, I am a Conclave. So now you can lynch me today, and have 3 kills in the night. Indorani vote, Wildcard use and now a conclave vote or you can get rid of scum like Periluna. 

• If you actually look at my posts you'll see that at the end of each summary I do say my thoughts and why I voted for the person I did. If it's not in the summary post I posted later with them. Granted, it may not be a lot of thoughts but I've been trying to be productive this whole time. I would go back and look at the discussions people participated in and go from there. Thank you for pointing out that I actually haven't been productive. I will try to do more of what you do then.  I wanted to enjoy my weekend and that's what I did and I neglected to vote. Not for any special super secret reason but because I didn't care to. The train was going along fast and well and I figured that it would go through just fine without me. It's just a game. And I'm learning a lot about this game. If you post your thoughts you're suspicious. If you don't you're suspicious. If you don't vote you're suspicious. If you vote too much you're suspicious. If you defend yourself you're suspicious as well as if you don't defend yourself. Basically everything you do or don't will make you look suspicious. Rock on. I'm going back to my corner now.
  • I'll be honest guys, I'm doing Year 400 stuff like crazy right now, so. /me fires guns into the air

GUNNIN' FOR YOU PERILUNA. SORRY BB

Vote: Periluna
  • Damon can't seem to make up his mind about me. I don't believe you are Conclave. In fact, I'm almost certain you are Indorani and you are trying to vlow attention away from Jasline. Going back to my original vote.

VOTE: JASLINE (again, that's really red. )
  • I made up my mind, I gave you a shout out way back when to see if you were paying attention. Over time, my trust in you distorted, for the simple reasons . Until the Vigil died you were practically silent and too busy, yet now, I guess your schedule cleared right up.

• @Jasline - The name of the game is suspicion. Everyone is suspicious, until you're not. You can give the explanations behind your reasons, but complaining about people finding you suspicious in Mafia is tantamount to complaining about McDonald's making you fat.

Buuut. Claiming to be Conclave with one vote against you, @Damon? You're already posting up a storm to defend Jasline, and I don't see a reason for a Conclave member to invite death like that. It may be bad for the Rellyw to kill a Conclave member, but it does a specific Conclave no good.

If we continue under the assumption that Jasline is the Wildcard, the Summoner would be a better option for the Indorani to lose, given a choice. That would explain Damon's sudden HEY LOOK AT ME. Painting a massive target on yourself to draw attention away from the Wildcard could be a last ditch effort to keep the Indorani in the game, though I think I would have personally accepted the loss and just tried to persevere. 

Alternatively, Jasline and Damon are not Indorani. Whichever Conclave they are in, Jasline would probably have the more powerful role. And if it turns out Jasline isn't the Wildcard, then we get a good indication Periluna is guilty of it herself while eliminating a power role. Either way, we'll have one or two targets after this vote.

Either way, they are both scum in the same faction, and Jasline seems to be the more valuable one. My vote stands for her.

• Defend Jasline? When did I mention her. You can get her as well, Just saying Peri is more suspicious as the wildcard, and have the Vigil take out Jasline when Peri is dead.

• Eh, I believe her. If she was at a conference and just casually checking from her phone, then it's understandable. I think that she's been acting innocently. Posting summaries, and just trying to talk to keep from being accused of being too quiet. 

@Damonicus, I don't quite understand what all is making you want to vote for Periluna, or rather, I don't see the full evidence that points to her as a wildcard. Would you be willing to go back and grab her quotes and such to explain why you think we should vote for her? 

• @Damonicus: You didn't mention her, but you also didn't start gunning for me until I voted for her.

• What Periluna said, basically. You didn't mention Jas, but you are kicking up a storm with very little attention given to you.

More importantly. If you are a Conclave member, then what's your role, and what have you done?

Demarcus
  • You are the Syssin, you tell me.

• Touchy, touchy. I suppose now the question is, do we call the bluff, or shoot the person he's trying to protect?

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

• @Teani just putting it out there that the only people who have anything to gain from my death are the Indorani, going based on the fact that Conclave members will NEED Rellyw during this part of the game. You mention Aryanne, she's flown right under my radar, and until I read your post, I had not remembered that she was still in the game. Can you post reasons why you're inclined to think Aryanne and myself are guilty, simply saying it doesn't offer anything, you need to back up your suspicions. 

I've not voted anyone, I believe that it's in the best interest of the village to shoot for another Indorani kill. I don't have anyone pegged as definite Indorani, however, those who are simply naming names and not offering substantial argument for their votes are looking more and more like Indorani just trying to get a train started. 

• So I am defending Jasline when I went after Periluna,  But, my post going after her was AFTER she unvoted Jasline.

• You flinched pretty hard at something. It's just a matter of finding out what spooked you.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• Maybe the fact this game needs shaken up since half of it doesn't even respond, not even the one running it. If anything I am making thos round exciting.

• Shaking things up after a successful mafia kill doesn't seem like very straight-forward play to me. I suppose there's not much point in delaying this further.

You're not conclave. There's no reason for you to admit to being one with just one vote on you. Certainly not when it would place you at risk for later attacks. It reeks of desperate, and there are no innocent players who need to be desperate.

oh wait, toz is famous

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

you disgust me

• Pretty much that. The only side that could possibly gain something from the claim at this point would be the Indorani. Everything else is moot.

Unvote: Jasline

• Maybe he just wants to be out of the game. It's certainly a very demanding one--I just started a new job, and find it mentally exhausting to keep track of every part of this game in addition to everything that's coming with that. One of the reasons I appreciated Jasline's summaries are that it brought pertinent posts from people up for the vote so that we didn't have to dig through the archive ourselves. Sure, they lacked certain context, and, sure, there could have been some more analysis in them, but I'll miss it when it's gone.

The most compelling evidence brought forth this round, in my mind, are that Jasline followed Minarael's lead on every train. But then again, so did a lot of people, and Mina never started one.

But I can't overlook the desperation of claiming to be in a Conclave. The Experiment might be the only one that would feel safe from shots, since it requires a lynch, but why even bring that up? Vharen and Toz nailed it that it's an Indorani move.

VOTE: Damonicus

Damonicus said:
    You are the Syssin, you tell me.
    So is this you claiming you're the Dhasan of Science?
  • I wasn't trying to complain so I'm sorry it came across that way. I'm not a conclave member, honestly.

I agree that Damonicus has been acting weird all of a sudden. Maybe he is conclave and maybe he isn't. There's only one way to find out though. It does make no sense for a conclave member to come out about it. That's a big target for a lynch train and for the night power roles too. Demarcus also makes some good points against him too. I say we call his bluff and see what happens.

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    From being rubbed the wrong way and a gut feeling, now to being appalled by a different person and having my opinions turned upside down.  I want to be safe, I think any Rellyw can agree they wish to be safe, and Damonicus is not making me feel that way anymore, it seems brash...fueled by some kind of motive, and I am going to have to follow with the others in thinking all this behavior is completely suspicious.  Im sorry for having a gut feeling about you Ilyon, it is still there, but your action are not doing the same as Damonicus to me right now.

UNVOTE: Ilyon
    VOTE: Damonicus
  • You know, I had a hard time choosing to vote for Jasline or Damonicus.  However, I feel Jasline perhaps was doing exactly what she said. Summarizing and then giving her tidbits. I am more inclined to trust her than him.

Therefore:

• Wow Damon. Yeah, with just one vote against you, you role claim (or at least faction claim) to try and deflect votes away, seeming to be banking on the hope that we will desperately want to target the Indorani instead.

And, now you're claiming to be Science? I think? 

You claim to be doing this to shake things up, but it seemed we were getting along fine with the Indo kill last round, and we were hardly being stagnant. And since so few people (all of one?) were gunning for you, your sudden Declaration definitely seems much more like a diversion from previous trains of thought people were taking than a last-ditch effort to save your own skin.

Now, it is possible that you're Science like I think you're claiming, in which case the night round will suffer us two kills instead of just one. HOWEVER. I find it extremely likely that a rellyw would use the ploy you're using here for any reason at all. So you're -guaranteed- to be a good kill for us.

So, if we don't kill you, we could end up accidentally offing a rellyw instead, and then another rellyw could die in the night round to come. BAM two of our guys dead.

However, if we DO kill you, worst case scenario: two of our guys are still dead come morning -and- we have one less baddie AND a lot more data once we know what kind of baddie you were.

BEST case scenerio: We off you, Indos off the opposing conclave (if you are actually in one) and the opposing conclave manages to off an indo. (or visa versa)
    Likely? No. But it'd be pretty awesome.

We can argue about who you were trying to protect in the morning, but today:
    VOTE: DAMONICUS

• AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Yeah. Just read up on the posts and I agree.