Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Woot! One down!

And now let's hope Periluna gets some protection here, cause we're becoming a bit short-handed on people to speak up.

• Boom. Better nerf hammer throw.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xenia
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Damnit, Toz beat me to the punch. Except I said to my wife, "BOOM! Headshot!" Good work everyone!
    AryanneAarbrok
  • Just pointing out that I had to keep that a secret from the person I live with, who was hounding me rather vigorously about it. 

imageimage
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    You forgot the obligatory OooooOOOOOoooooOooo....
    Since you know, you're a ghost.

Good work everyone, im glad I trusted my gut.
  • AW, HECK. I missed the excitement while I was at work. D:
  • @Haern same here. But at least one Indo is down. Has the power roles contacted either you or Peri yet??

• The night ends, and a smear of blood covers the ground - you find Llok's corpse a short distance away, desiccated and stripped of all vital organs. His own bones have been used to rip him apart.

He was a rellyw.

It is now Round Eleven - Day.

NINE VOTES are required for a lynch.

i am rapture coder
  • Blegh. Okay. With only two Indorani left alive, it would really be helpful if the Conscript now Vigilante would contact me. Would love to hear from the Warden and Jailer as well.
  • I'd really like to see the Warden's report as well.

Why do the indos keep actually attacking Rellyw and manage to miss all the conclaves :-(

What happens if we kill all the indos, but somehow don't manage to kill any conclaves off? Do we have night-round-kill-free rounds that way? That'd be a bit helpful!

Huh. I honestly had Llok pegged as a bad guy given how vocal he was and then how he became silent after he nearly got lynched and how he tried to advert the Mina train. Go figure.

Back to square eleven or whatever square this puts us on.
  • If you eliminate all the Indorani without eliminating the Conclaves, there will be no night kills until one Conclave or another gains the advantage, or a roleblock breaks the tie.

i am rapture coder
    Aryanne
    Went through everything, paying particular attention to Minarael's actions knowing now that she was Indorani.

In Round 2 she tried to push for a Meskhenet train. I'm going to guess it is pretty safe to assume that Meskehent is NOT Indorani. Conclave, maybe, but we're tying to avoid killing those. It would be way too early in the game to risk losing someone, too many variables. Later in the game it could be a strategic sacrifice, but in Round 2 would be crazy.

The obvious choice on the scumdar is Vharen. The half-attempted defense of Minarael, the comments from Minarael having to keep a secret from the person she lives with, and Llok pointing the finger at Vharen and then dying fits the "profile". Unfortunately, it fits it almost too well to be reliable. Plus I really don't think the Indorani would make the same blunder twice after getting called out on it.

The other person on my scumdar is Aryanne.On page 15:

"Mina seems somewhat aggressive, but she doesn't strike me as evasive or overly against anything the moderately-confirmed-rellyw-Moirean has said to me. I get Moi's point, but considering last round when Mina got all trampled over for being aggressively calling for then-scummy-me, her bahaviour doesn't strike me as anything out of the Mina-ordinary."

It is a subtle enough defense to allow for plausible deniability when one's cover is blown, but enough to try and look like a winner if/when Mina did get lynched.

Then, she called for the night actions to be posted publicly. The Indorani have no idea what is going on at night, who is targeting who with what powers. That's a good thing. I know it doesn't help the rest of us, but after seeing who has been jailed, who has been sniffed by the Syssin, there are up to 10 names that aren't Rellyw power roles. Odds are looking pretty good there for them if they had that knowledge. (I think there have been 5 night rounds?)

Next, she joined the Minarael train after it was too late to do anything about it.

Finally, why is she wanting the Indorani to hit a Conclave member? That gives the opposing Conclave a night kill, so there will be potentially two night deaths at a time. Why do we want 2 night deaths?
  • I have to say, Vharen seems safe. I thought it was odd that there was so much overlap strangeness with who was doing what - Indo kept hitting targets rellyw specials were saving. So I came up with some kind of theory that one of the pair was at least Conclave, but not Indo, and one was Indo. When Moi went boom, I went gunning for the half who had been aggressive against Moirean, and it payed off with a nice kill - so. The short of it is that I think Vharen's someone we can safely ignore, if only for a little bit.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Demarcus
  • re @demarcus

I gave my piece for why I thought Mina was innocent when Vharen was going after her, because I sincerely thought she was innocent! She played pretty aggressively in the other game and was innocent then. Especially after, as I said, all those long ass posts summarizing stuff, it just seemed like way too much for a baddie to compile/work up as a cover.

And then the anonymous science message came in and, no, I didn't immediately jump on board the Mina train, because I wanted SOME sort of verification that she was, in fact, a scum bucket and it wasn't just a ploy. If she'd been innocent, I'd have looked pretty bad to jump right on a lynch train. Also, lets be honest, if I'd have jumped right on the train, I'd be fingered for "switching sides too eagerly to try to cover" or some crap like that.

And why I want synopsis of night actions right away: I am not the warden.I don't know what happened. I would like to know as to be able to vote with a more educated guess.

Re: conclave deaths. It'd be nice to NOT lose another of us at night, wouldn't you say? And if we were lucky enough to hit yet another conclave member from the other side, we'd be down two conclave members and up a rellyw.
    Even if they only killed one conclave member and we didn't manage to lynch their opposing compadres, we'd sure as heck have a lot more data to go on for the lynching round. And, heck, who's to say the other conclave wouldn't end up night-killing an indo member!
    So. Yeah. Of course I would like to NOT have one of us killed during the night!

• If I knew she was a bad guy, I'd have voted for her and made sure things didn't lean my way. She played me :/

Minarael
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Looking over all 22 pages of posts and keeping in mind that Minareal was an indo it seems to me that each time Xenia made a vote it was the same as Minareal as well, and on a few occasions Minareal would post to help bring attention away from Xenia.  It seems they may be working together and so I vote.

Vote: Xenia
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • I'd honestly like to hear the Warden's report before casting lynch votes.
    TeaniDemarcus
  • Yeah, same.

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Yeah, not a good idea to be casting votes before new information can be processed. Let us know what you can share, Periluna.

• Warden's report is delivered by runner, just as usual. After some time spent decoding the atrocious spelling, Pedantic Pete declares the following:

-The Indorani attempted to kill Toz. 

-The Dhasan of Art switched Llok and Toz. 

-The Dhasan of Magic blocked Ilyon.

i am rapture coder
  • As far as I can tell, Toz was the intended mark. Doesn't clear him from being a Conclave member but at least we can mark him off the Indorani list. One of the Conclaves seems to think Ilyon has a power. Interesting. Looking back over the posts, my scumdar seems to go off on Jasline, Ilyon, and Aryanne. One of you is Indorani. The Wildcard most likely. Just not 100% on who.
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    so the Warden post is up....who all is going to talk?  Lets keep this going please!
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Looking at everything over and over again. Right now the only one I feel completely trustable is @haern. With all the conclaves roles still available, switcher and the hidden ones. Haern's likelihood of being anything besides a rellyw is practically 0. The wildcard is still out there and there is still even a chance it is Peri also. Sorry Peri. But, also trying to find the wildcard is an even bigger shot in the dark. Until the wildcard activates we should look to find the Summoner instead. So looking at just over all levels of suspiciousness I am going to say.

Vote: Meskhenet

• I'm gonna go with my gut instinct here. Jasline has posted a lot of filler content but hasn't said a whole lot. VOTE: JASLINE (that's really red. You're just color blind. It's temporary)
  • Stupid phone
  • Interesting choice for that block, my guess would be that rebel conclave is trying to get a night kill by random-blocking people to see if they get lucky. Well, they didn't.

Anyway, hrm. I don't really find Jasmine all that suspicious, but then again, people whom I -do- find suspicious tend to turn out innocent (Llok was my prime candidate), so I may just as well follow with that, I guess.

VOTE: Jasmine

• Ilyon said:
    Interesting choice for that block, my guess would be that rebel conclave is trying to get a night kill by random-blocking people to see if they get lucky. Well, they didn't.

Anyway, hrm. I don't really find Jasmine all that suspicious, but then again, people whom I -do- find suspicious tend to turn out innocent (Llok was my prime candidate), so I may just as well follow with that, I guess.

VOTE: Jasmine
    I do not think Aladdin would be to find of that vote.

Setne
  • Bleh, Jasline, Jasmine, whatever